PDA

View Full Version : Type of bowling towel to use per Joe Slowinski.....

Hammer
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Joe says the best bowling towel to use to wipe off excess oil off your bowling ball is a microfiber towel. A microfiber towel is designed to pick up significantly more oil then cotton towels which smudge oil and move it around rather then take it off. Considering that today's covers absorb oil and to maintain the highest level of performance in your bowling ball, wipe the cover off immediately with a microfiber towel. The use of a microfiber towel leads to more ball motion.

dnhoffman
07-24-2013, 10:51 PM
That's listed on pretty much every ball spec and/or cleaner description these days, but a good thought none the less.

I buy the super large ones at dollar tree myself....

classygranny
07-24-2013, 11:09 PM
I want a purple one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :) Black is working ok, but PURRRPLE would be super!

Gunz1911
07-25-2013, 08:15 AM
I have three different ones I use. A giatn blue one my wife got at the dollar tree, that I use for when I am at home. A very small one that is my backup and my main towel I got from DV8 when I bought my Brutal Nightmare. Bowlingball.com now has a microfiber sponge that fits pretty well in your hand. Not sure how it would be at the lanes, as I do not like anything in my pockets as I bowl, But it is pretty decent to put polish on at the house.

DLP
07-25-2013, 08:25 AM
I want a purple one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :) Black is working ok, but PURRRPLE would be super!

Keep you eyes peeled when you hit Wal-Mart or auto-parts stores. I know around here, because it's Raven's country, purple car accessories (including cleaning towels) are everywhere!

When it came to what towels to use to wipe down my ball, I raided the "car cleaning stash". Microfiber towels are quite common in that department, and seeing that we had recently purchased a bag of them to use for cleaning and waxing the truck, pilfering a few to be dedicated to my kegling addiction was par for the course. :)

got_a_300
07-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Bowlingball.com now has a microfiber sponge that fits pretty well in your hand. Not sure how it would be at the lanes, as I do not like anything in my pockets as I bowl, But it is pretty decent to put polish on at the house.

I take it as you are using one of these Monster Pad Microfiber Sponge (http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-accessories/bowlingballcom/9287/Monster-Pad-Microfiber-Sponge-Yellow.html) I have
several of them and they work great to clean off the oil after league. I keep at
least 2 or 3 of them in my bowling ball bag at all times. I just bring one of them
home and wash it out by hand using Dawn dish washing soap when it get dirty
and oily looking and let it dry a day or two then take it back.

I use a regular Brunswick microfiber towel and have a DV8 towel as a back-up
when I bring the other one home to be washed out in the Dawn like the sponge.

classygranny
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Keep you eyes peeled when you hit Wal-Mart or auto-parts stores. I know around here, because it's Raven's country, purple car accessories (including cleaning towels) are everywhere!

When it came to what towels to use to wipe down my ball, I raided the "car cleaning stash". Microfiber towels are quite common in that department, and seeing that we had recently purchased a bag of them to use for cleaning and waxing the truck, pilfering a few to be dedicated to my kegling addiction was par for the course. :)

Thanks for the tip...I'm not much of a shopper so I should put my sister to the task.

swingset
07-25-2013, 05:55 PM
I was watching P-League and noticed the Japanese bowlers were using a towel that looked like a car washing mitt, and wondered why....then I ran into a microfiber dusting mitt that looked identical ($4 at Walmart) and picked one up to try it.

I get it now, they're incredibly absorbent and one swipe will take every bit of an oil track off, and they last a loooong time before needing cleaning.

Great buy, I suggest using one.

http://www.ungerglobal.com/retail/us/images/stories/virtuemart/product/962090_mf_dust&washmitt.png

dnhoffman
07-25-2013, 07:18 PM
I was watching P-League and noticed the Japanese bowlers were using a towel that looked like a car washing mitt, and wondered why....then I ran into a microfiber dusting mitt that looked identical ($4 at Walmart) and picked one up to try it.

I get it now, they're incredibly absorbent and one swipe will take every bit of an oil track off, and they last a loooong time before needing cleaning.

http://www.ungerglobal.com/retail/us/images/stories/virtuemart/product/962090_mf_dust&washmitt.png

Nice! Getting one

DLP
07-25-2013, 07:45 PM

That thing needs a set of eyeballs attached! I don't know why... it just DOES!

J Anderson
07-25-2013, 08:59 PM

So it can see if it got all the oil of course!

swingset
07-27-2013, 12:26 AM

Funny you mention that, the first one I saw on TV had a face on it...looked like some weird Japanese anime character. Strange folks, lol.