PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Apps

Marc1153
07-27-2013, 10:27 PM
Does anyone out there use any bowling apps for doing analysis of ball used, lane conditions, etc to help them track which ball might be best used for a specific lane condition? I am an Android user and hoping to find an app that can do more than give me my average. Need a better analytical tool. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hampe
07-29-2013, 05:04 AM
I use MyLanePlay (for android), and I would really recommend it. You not only have statistics like which spares you missed and how you missed them, you have fields for Alley, Oil pattern (length, ratio, etc.), type of lane, approach, break point, starting point, ball used, etc. Basically a ton of fields (I don't use nearly all of them) to enter information into. Afterwards you can filter your stats by these fields, so you can see how you do on certain patterns or in certain alleys.

The app costs like 6-7 bucks, but I think it's totally worth it. It's also fairly easy to record the games while you're playing (unlike some apps where you have to tap each pin you got, on this one you only tap the pins that are left, which is a lot faster).