PDA

View Full Version : Bowled a couple games today to test out my knee repair the end of January....

Hammer
07-31-2013, 07:58 PM
Went with the wife and daughter this afternoon to try out the knee. I have to admit I was a little paranoid the first three frames. I found myself off balance in my slide. What it was was my slide foot was going too straight instead of going on a slight angle to the center of my body. I think a part of that was because of fear of doing that with my repaired knee.
Two other things I was concentrating on was to make sure my balance leg was going around right and trying to keep the toe on the ground. Also I was keeping my mind on staying behind the ball until my release. I noticed myself turning the ball early a few times. Not interested in the scores of the two games I bowled which were a 155 and a 158. Only three opens in each game. I was glad to get the test out of the way. Now after supper I will shower and hit the knee with a 20 minute ice down in case of some irritation of the muscles around the knee which I am sure are not at their normal strength. Our league starts the beginning of September so I will have to give the knee some workout before then. Not pushing it though.

billf
07-31-2013, 08:48 PM
let us know how it feels tomorrow

dnhoffman
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Keep at it man, you're a warrior - just don't push it too hard too soon.

e-tank
08-01-2013, 12:49 AM
glad everything went okay hammer!