PDA

View Full Version : Arm pain while bowling due to old injury

Stormatic80
08-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi all, I am new to this forum and excuse me if this is posted in the wrong sub-forum. Here is my problem...

I do weight training and a while back I had problems with my right arm, nothing serious, but I do feel the strain when bowling. I am more of a straight ball bowler and have been trying to experiment and learn with a hook ball. I am currently using Robby's Leather Original glove for wrist support and I also use a forearm band as I get pain from the mid arm. I am looking into getting something that will reach the mid arm so I won't have to use two things. The closet thing I am looking at was the Master Wrist Mate Leather Right Hand. What do you think and is there anything else you recommend. Thanks!

dnhoffman
08-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I would talk to your doctor and make sure you don't have any ligament or tendon strains that you're exacerbating

MICHAEL
08-09-2013, 09:09 AM
One thing you might need to address is this, Don't muscle the ball!! Push the ball away from your body and go with the natural flow! Sort of like holding a string with a marble tied to on end. If you push it away from its base in a horizontal movement, and release it will arc down and up, then up again, as you well know! Very little effort with the arm and shoulder!
Even today I will catch myself muscling the ball on occasion, usually happens when I have an irregular push away and poor back swing.

True, some bowlers muscle the ball, and that's their style! Not Iceman! lol..... take care of that arm, your going to need it to bowl!!

Hammer
08-09-2013, 06:07 PM
If you are going to bowl I would have a doc check your arm. Tell him about the weight training. I did weight training and did too much too early and had a problem with the area where the arm bends at the elbow. I can't remember if it was a tendon or ligament strain.
I went to therapy for a while and it took a while to get rid of it. That was only because I didn't get it taken care of right away. I thought that it was natural post lift pain. You know the saying, no pain no gain. WRONG! Get checked out and make sure your bowling won't be making things worse and longer to get over it.

mike_thomas93
08-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Always consult your doctor first before moving forward to making any changes