PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Alexander
12-23-2008, 01:32 AM
I am in Seattle right now. All of the streets have been backed up with snow for days. I can't drive anywhere - let alone walk. If I step outside, I call on my butt because the ground is literally a solid sheet of ice everywhere.

What's the snow like wherever you live?

ArtVandelay
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I live in Texas, we were in the 60s today.... What's snow?

BUT, I just got back from New Jersey, and they had quite a bit. Maybe a foot or so when we got there. But it rained the next day, and by the time we left on Sunday there was hardly any left and what WAS left is probably gone by now since they were supposed to reach 60 by the end of the day.

I already miss that place... :(

kev3inp
12-30-2008, 05:08 AM
Snow? Oh, you mean that stuff that everybody forgets how to drive in every year. The only snow down here doesn't melt at room temperature. I don't miss snow or the cold a bit, and from what I can tell, neither do thousands of Canadians. There's a lot of French-Canadians down here now. I guess that makes them rude as well as boring. ;) Supposed to get to 80 today. Ahhhhh.

jaws1945
12-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Unfortunately I am oh so used to it here. My friends from warmer climates all say I am nuts for still living here. Sometimes I agree with them.

ThongPrincess
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm with the others, snow, what is snow? Oh yea it's the stuff we drive about an hour to go play, ski, snowboard in and then go home where it's warm ;)

Iceman
12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm on SW Ohio - where the saying goes "If you don't like the current weather, wait 10 minutes, it will change".

It's been 30 High one day and 70 the next. This has been going on for a few days now - since Xmas I recall. Snow has not started yet, but we did get a few ice falls, which since we had hurricane winds and made our city come to a stand still for 7 days, I expect anything through the next 2 months of winter.

kev3inp
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm on SW Ohio - where the saying goes "If you don't like the current weather, wait 10 minutes, it will change".

It's been 30 High one day and 70 the next. This has been going on for a few days now - since Xmas I recall. Snow has not started yet, but we did get a few ice falls, which since we had hurricane winds and made our city come to a stand still for 7 days, I expect anything through the next 2 months of winter.

I feel your pain, sir. I grew up in Chicago and for the last nine years before I moved here, I lived in the Fort Wayne area. Cold hurts. And I always seemed to have to put up the Christmas lights in freezing rain and wind. Now I wear a t shirt and break a sweat. Nice.

Oyobiia
01-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Where I live. We get no snow :( ever!