PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a preferred weight block?

m92680
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
I have used multiple balls from,different companies but I prefer storm and use a 15lb ball. I did purchase a DV8 hell raiser terror just to get some variety. I always seem to struggle with the ball, i've had it redrilled to match my Sync and then again just to change the pattern but still cant get consistency. One thing that i notice different between the two balls is the balance in my hand when holding the ball. The Sync feels heavier, i know its because of the block, and the DV8 seems to be almost perfectly balanced. Its like i can barely feel it in my hand, but I actually dont like that, its balanced so well that my swing can get a little erratic because the ball feel light in my backswing. I've never had that issue with the Storm balls i've used but i know the blocks of those balls must have been similar. Does anyone have a problem with different block that feel too light or too heavy in the hand????

classygranny
08-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Maybe it's not actually the weight block, but the difference in weight. Just because you say 15 lbs it could be 15 lbs 12 oz or 15 lbs 1 oz. You may be able to feel the difference of that 1/2 to 3/4 lb weight.

GoodGravy
08-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Interesting question and observation....It makes sense that based on how your ball is drilled, the weight block could ( and would) be at vastly different angles from the center point in your hand. This could cause even closely weighing balls to 'feel' different.

I tend to favor Storms C.A.M and N.O.S cores since I seem to throw them better. As a parting thought, I avoid asymmetrical cores like the plague...can't throw them at all..

The German Shepherd
08-28-2013, 03:42 PM
The core to the "Road" balls is anamazing thing as also would be the Paragon core. These would have to be my fvorites..

Jay

Bennett Miles
09-21-2013, 10:46 AM
My favorite weight block so far would have to be the Pyramid 19.5 Asymmetric.

e-tank
09-21-2013, 12:48 PM
dv8 hell raiser core for me

MICHAEL
09-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Would have to be the insides of the IQ Pearl!! Only core that has given me a 300 so far!! LOL,,,, although I have been very close with a Varity of other cores.

Symmetric seems to be the type of core I have the best games with! last year,,, 290, 298, 289,,,

Core Name: C³ Centripetal ,,,, They seems to be more predictable, and not so snappy, and irregular for my style of bowling! I do throw both, and have had some luck with the asymmetric types, but not nearly as much as with the symmetric's!

Zaxmazr
09-21-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm loving my Endless Nightmare. The core even looks sick!