PDA

View Full Version : Contest Aug 19, 2013 to Aug 25, 2013 - Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown

BowlingBoards.com
08-19-2013, 12:04 AM
We are giving away a Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown for a random poster from Aug 19, 2013 through Aug 25, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Jaescrub
08-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Nice looking ball check out Icemans post about this ball.

JDHamm85
08-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Got a feeling a lot of people's post counts are going to sky rocket this week, lol

mike_thomas93
08-19-2013, 01:09 AM
This ball again? :p this was just in the contest a couple weeks ago.

STRYKER
08-19-2013, 06:44 AM
heard nothing but good things about this ball

MICHAEL
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
This ball again? :p this was just in the contest a couple weeks ago.

Mike,,, what the... WHATS wrong with you??? The Beat down is a fantastic ball!! My first outing was 235, 279, and 236,,, a 700 series???? Imagine what you could do, at your age!! I am a broken down old Iron Worker, Your in your prime,,,,, not all Beatdown,,, like me!! OOO did I say Beatdown.....lol
I would take two of these in a HEART BEAT!! Mike, a Blue ball would look good with your Blue sway-ed shoes,,, thank you very much,,, thank you very much?? My Elivs impersonation!!!

MICHAEL
08-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Nice looking ball check out Icemans post about this ball.

The first outing says it all 235 279 236... 700 series,,,, Your Honor ,,, the ICEMAN rests his case!!

mike_thomas93
08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Wow, Iceman I expected you to reply to this thread, but not to me. I'm a little stunned. :pp I'm certain the ball is spectacular in its ways. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it being in the contest again already. I'm not saying it's a bad ball. No, not that. And I saw your comment about how you did, so I'm sentient about your first outing on it. :p I wouldn't mind winning the ball. I'd like to have it, too. After all, I AM in the Brunswick family, just starting to throw DV8. But I know it doesn't hurt to mix match. If the Lord lets it be my turn to win, I will be grateful. I'll still enter, but I won't expect anything. ;p I won't count my hopes up either way. :p

striker12
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
nice games ice-man maby i should get this ball and see what i can do with it with my higher rev rate and me and you could have a little challenge of who shoots a 300 first with the menastreak beatdown

MICHAEL
08-19-2013, 10:29 AM
nice games ice-man maby i should get this ball and see what i can do with it with my higher rev rate and me and you could have a little challenge of who shoots a 300 first with the menastreak beatdown

ICEMAN recommends the COOL Blue, Beatdown!! Striker, do it!!! If you don't win, you will not regret throwing the Beatdown, down the lane! I almost had a 300 my first outing... 279!!!! I did change weight, and went 16lb's!! It seemed to carry like a champ!!

MICHAEL
08-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Wow, Iceman I expected you to reply to this thread, but not to me. I'm a little stunned. :pp I'm certain the ball is spectacular in its ways. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it being in the contest again already. I'm not saying it's a bad ball. No, not that. And I saw your comment about how you did, so I'm sentient about your first outing on it. :p I wouldn't mind winning the ball. I'd like to have it, too. After all, I AM in the Brunswick family, just starting to throw DV8. But I know it doesn't hurt to mix match. If the Lord lets it be my turn to win, I will be grateful. I'll still enter, but I won't expect anything. ;p I won't count my hopes up either way. :p

I like you MIKE!! Just want to help you to the next level!! LOL (:)

vdubtx
08-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Sweet. Would love to have this ball. Seeing what the ICEMAN could do with it. Has to be good for me too. :)

And SMH @ mike_thomas93. Are you really gonna complain when a free ball is up for grabs regardless of the brand??? :p

mike_thomas93
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Well thanks. I could use all the help I can get. I hope you are willing to keep assisting me. I'd really like to win whenever. Please continue to help me keep going to the next level. :// I wanna make sure I don't end up trying too hard to just win a ball. Advice, tips, suggestions, recommendations, anything. I'll take

mike_thomas93
08-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Congrats on the win, mr. vdubtx. and Uhh no. I'm not complaining regardless of the brand. Free is always good. And I'm willing to continue participating in the contests. As for you, enjoy your Disturbed :p

striker12
08-19-2013, 01:54 PM
ICEMAN recommends the COOL Blue, Beatdown!! Striker, do it!!! If you don't win, you will not regret throwing the Beatdown, down the lane! I almost had a 300 my first outing... 279!!!! I did change weight, and went 16lb's!! It seemed to carry like a champ!!

yeah i got the meanstreak brawler threw it at my jr provincials and it was going crazy and i got it a a pin down i was dropping on the 38 board and pushing out to the 5 board and it was hitting the head pin dead on or brooklin only 2 pocket shots out of 3 games on sunday but on saturday i had to use a different ball because there was 4 other bowling on the pair of lanes i was on that was throwing all the same line as me so i had to change lines and i still did better then all of them lol.

bigjimbo316
08-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Please let me win this, I really could use a new bowling ball!!

Tihomir
08-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I've never thrown Brunswick, even though I'm a fan of the brand. I love Brunswick centers, the max pins (I have one at home), I wear Brunswick shoes. And since this is a new release, I'd like to win one, because the newest ball in my arsenal is a second hand VG Nano, re-drilled from a lefty.

Mike
08-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Just got a Storm Reign of Power at the start of the summer, I'd like to see how the Beatdown compares. It's always nice to have options.

mike_thomas93
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Well I am a Brunswick/DV8 guy, so yes. This ball will fit well in my bag. I'd love to have it, if the Lord feels it's my turn to win. I'm leaving it in his hands.

ragstormfan
08-19-2013, 09:31 PM
My Meanstreak Brawler would love to have its twin brother along for the ride in my tournament bag this season!

striker12
08-19-2013, 10:52 PM
My Meanstreak Brawler would love to have its twin brother along for the ride in my tournament bag this season!

what happened to the original meanstreak you dont got that one... neather do i but i use my buddys meanstreak

noeymc
08-19-2013, 11:08 PM
good to everyone

MICHAEL
08-20-2013, 12:03 AM
MY meanstreak, was soooo mean that they put it away!! YOU KNOW THE LAW NOW DAYS,,,,,, 3 STRIKES and YOUR OUT!!! The Judge said, " Spare me the oil", give that ball a Rag! "Back to the bag for 90 days!"....

mike_thomas93
08-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Kind of wishing I hadn't passed on the Brawler, but I certainly wouldn't mind making things up with the Beatdown. I could use it. Certainly won't be any regret. (:

striker12
08-20-2013, 11:43 AM
i can say this the meanstreak lineup that brunswick had come out with are very great balls way better then the twisted furys they had i got the twisted fury destruction and i can not even make that ball move at all

e-tank
08-20-2013, 08:14 PM
MY meanstreak, was soooo mean that they put it away!! YOU KNOW THE LAW NOW DAYS,,,,,, 3 STRIKES and YOUR OUT!!! The Judge said, " Spare me the oil", give that ball a Rag! "Back to the bag for 90 days!"....

Where have your iceman puzzles been at in the contest threads? I had fun trying to crack those haha

mike_thomas93
08-20-2013, 10:52 PM
This ball almost looks like the C-system maxxed out. Only it's stronger. I know I'll like. I'll be blessed if I were to win this ball. Everyone would look good throwing this ball. I know I would. team brunswick/dv8

MICHAEL
08-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Where have your iceman puzzles been at in the contest threads? I had fun trying to crack those haha

hummmmm,,,, G Q! lol!! Y W T W T B e tank!!! !!! (:)

MEEKO925
08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Ohhh this ball looks fantastic!!! What kind of core does this ball have??

mike_thomas93
08-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Symmetrical. This ball's best used on medium to heavy oil lane conditions.

e-tank
08-21-2013, 10:17 PM
hummmmm,,,, G Q! lol!! Y W T W T B e tank!!! !!! (:)

*Slips on icemans decoder ring*

Good Question! Lol! You Want To Win The Ball e tank

howd i do haha

MICHAEL
08-22-2013, 09:44 AM
*Slips on icemans decoder ring*

Good Question! Lol! You Want To Win The Ball e tank

howd i do haha

VERY GOOD e-tank,,,, you win the backup decoder ring, which happens to be 20% bigger then the model you have on your hand now!! To receive this
wonderful prize, all you have to do is...... ( W F Y P O R T M )...... good luck tank!!!

P.S. It also comes in Red, or Purple, while supplies last!

mike_thomas93
08-22-2013, 10:40 AM
What's this talk about a decoder ring? O.o

MICHAEL
08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
What's this talk about a decoder ring? O.o

YOU DON"T HAVE ONE???? lol

mike_thomas93
08-22-2013, 12:01 PM
No I don't :/

MICHAEL
08-22-2013, 12:19 PM
No I don't :/

Mike, I would be lost, and probably a very average bowler, if I didn't have my Iceman Decoder Ring! I will take a picture and post it TODAY!!!

MICHAEL
08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/aaasecretdecoderring_zpsbfc8f394.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/aaasecretdecoderring_zpsbfc8f394.jpg.html)

Its not only good for decoding messages from Iceman, it can help with your Bowling Scores. It can enhance your chances of winning bowling balls too!!!

mike_thomas93
08-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Impressive. Looks like pure golden.

MICHAEL
08-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Impressive. Looks like pure golden.

It is real fake gold!! But the secrets it can unravel!!! Worth its weight in GOLD!!

mike_thomas93
08-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Still, it looks bonny. How long have you had it?

MICHAEL
08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Still, it looks bonny. How long have you had it?

Bonny??? How long have I had it? ((( ITS A secret..))))

mike_thomas93
08-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Bonny means "pleasing to the eye" ;pp secret? aww come onn;p

MICHAEL
08-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Bonny means "pleasing to the eye" ;pp secret? aww come onn;p

sort of like when I look at the gift Bowlingboards.com gave Iceamn!!! BEATDOWN, is a Bonny of a BAll!! Mike, are you Irish? Bonny sounds Irish.

mike_thomas93
08-23-2013, 10:59 AM
It's chiefly British, and the origin is Middle English (Scots). But no, I'm not Irish. I'm African-American. ;))

Bunny
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Ohhhhhh. That is one good looking ball. (drool, drool.) I'd love to win this one. I have a brunswick bag and shoes.

And besides, blue is my favorite color and matches my eyes. :rolleyes:

Jaescrub
08-23-2013, 01:58 PM
That's funny my Brother in law says that he's from England by way of ghana africa. I was going to say something but thought it would look rude.

e-tank
08-23-2013, 06:12 PM
VERY GOOD e-tank,,,, you win the backup decoder ring, which happens to be 20% bigger then the model you have on your hand now!! To receive this
wonderful prize, all you have to do is...... ( W F Y P O R T M )...... good luck tank!!!

P.S. It also comes in Red, or Purple, while supplies last!

Wear For Your Proshop Or Regional Telephone Marketer

Ill take it in red! lol

Angelkids4x
08-23-2013, 06:21 PM
How do you register to win a ball?

e-tank
08-23-2013, 06:48 PM
each post on this forum is an entry

mike_thomas93
08-23-2013, 08:41 PM
That means in anything included in the forum. Not just necessarily this thread. (:

Angelkids4x
08-23-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm not impartial to brand. I have a dv8 diva which I love, a storm lucid and a dv8 nightmare. Would love to try a Brunswick. Been a long time since I had one.

mike_thomas93
08-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Ha. I have a Diva, as well. That was my very first DV8 ball that I've bought, too. Good ball

e-tank
08-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Mine was a too reckless. I still use it regularly when i go cosmic bowling

mike_thomas93
08-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Is it still hitting hard for you? Did you have the original Reckless, as well?

MICHAEL
08-24-2013, 09:15 AM
YOU HAVE A Diva??? You need a super hero male ball, like THE BEATDOWN! LOL (:)

mike_thomas93
08-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Lol yes well, the only way I'm going to get that is if I were to ever win it. I'm trying to take a break from the Brunswick equipment for a little bit. But if the Lord feels I should have it, he'll grant it for me. (: Besides, I still feel a little bad that I passed on the Brawler. I didn't buy anything until last night, and before that, I only bought in January, but I ended up getting a maxxed-out. ;///

MICHAEL
08-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol yes well, the only way I'm going to get that is if I were to ever win it. I'm trying to take a break from the Brunswick equipment for a little bit. But if the Lord feels I should have it, he'll grant it for me. (: Besides, I still feel a little bad that I passed on the Brawler. I didn't buy anything until last night, and before that, I only bought in January, but I ended up getting a maxxed-out. ;///

I maxxed out a few months ago, (300), with a great ball, THE Storm IQ pearl!! I have only had the breakdown out once, did not want to burn the surface up before league Sunday night, Monday, and Thursday!! I have never had a Brunswick ball, and was very impressed with first outing,,, 235, 279, and 236!!

After those three consecutive games, I soaked it in ICE WATER to cool it off!!! LOL

mike_thomas93
08-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Lol funny. No cleaner?

e-tank
08-24-2013, 12:21 PM
@Mike Thomas

yes it works just fine. I clean it every ever session and de oil and resurface when need be

I actually still use my dads old urethane ball from the 80's time to time haha

striker12
08-24-2013, 03:08 PM
soo i could defently use this ball since my DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge has just pass away and went to hell

mike_thomas93
08-24-2013, 06:44 PM
From the 80s? Oh my goodness. You could use an upgrade. :pp

mike_thomas93
08-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Ice water, no ball cleaner?

MICHAEL
08-25-2013, 11:24 AM
soo i could defently use this ball since my DV8 Hell Raiser Revenge has just pass away and went to hell

may it's soul RIP, and have found redemption at the last minute, AMEN!!

MICHAEL
08-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I have to say the Beatdown is one incredible ball!!! HANDS down!! I was called to Sub on a TOP GUN HUGE league yesterday afternoon for Saturday night! The guy I was ask to sub for is a BOWLING GOD here in Kansas City! He was inducted into the bowling hall of fame several years ago with more 300s, and 800s then their are Ford Pick Up trucks in the Kansas city area!!
I subbed last year for this TOP NOTCH team of bowlers, One of them being JASON/Bowula, with his 230 average! Iceman being 64, needless to say was a bit nervous!!
Anyway my point is this, the BEATDOWN is a REMARKABLE BALL!!

Remember I went 16lbs on the winning ball because it feels much more comfortable then the lighter weight of 15! What I can say about this ball is:

I was able to keep the SAME TARGET ALL NIGHT, did not need to move my feet, and used nothing but the BEATDOWN all night!!

The pattern was tough, and many on that team of GREAT Bowlers were puzzled, and having problems, but the BEATDOWN worked like magic!

Scores were not good and low, but the BEATDOWN gave me a 645 series, and on that pattern last night I was 2 highest on the team!!

I was AMAZED at how I was able to keep my target, not move my stance, and use the same incredible ball all night.

Remember 5 person teams 10 bowlers eating up the oil!!

Who ever wins this ball in my opinion will be a VERY LUCKY, and HAPPY BOWLER!! My first Brunswick Ball, but not my last!!!
GOOD LUCK,,,, (:)

What kind of MAGIC DO THEY PUT IN THEIR cover stock that allows that ball to adjust all night long with OUT MAKING adjustments... I am sure James the Driller, Had a lot to do with the MAGIC! BP Pro SHOP here in Kansas City MO.

striker12
08-25-2013, 12:51 PM
may it's soul RIP, and have found redemption at the last minute, AMEN!!

thank you iceman when i do the warranty on it i will see if i can keep the ball to give it a great funeral......boom

mike_thomas93
08-25-2013, 12:56 PM
This ball would be my first Meanstreak I've ever had. I'm still a little sore about passing on the Brawler :ppp Oh well, this beatdown is just as powerful(:

Angelkids4x
08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
The mean streak would be a great addition to my arsenal. I only bowl once a week and try to hit a few tourneys through the year.

MICHAEL
08-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Good luck everyone!! Its a great ball, and if you win, I hope you will be as happy as I am with MINE!! Make sure you have it drilled to cater to your style of bowling,, VERY IMPORTANT with any bowling ball! Find an knowledgeable driller at a Good Pro Shop! Unless you think you can do a better job yourself!!! LOL

Jaescrub
08-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Really striker12 should get this I would be Fed if I lost a ball to a crack that big!

STRYKER
08-27-2013, 06:04 PM
wonder when they will announce the winner?

classygranny
08-30-2013, 11:58 PM
they did...
they only post it on fb

Congrats to last week's winner, Brian Barksdale!