PDA

View Full Version : pictures of my cracked hell raiser revenge

striker12
08-26-2013, 01:10 PM
hey guys here pictures of my Hell raiser revenge

Perrin
08-26-2013, 02:19 PM
That sucks. My wife has this same ball and hasn't had any issues with it as of yet.

The inside of that weight/balance hole looks weird ... is that some kind of tool mark or jus a trick of the camera angle?

vdubtx
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Holy Schnikeys! That is a huge crack.

MICHAEL
08-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Holy Crack's in Ice!!! Iceman

bowl1820
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Wow that looks like my slant hd now! The evil upholstery and carpet chemicals have struck again!

striker12
08-26-2013, 03:08 PM
That sucks. My wife has this same ball and hasn't had any issues with it as of yet.

The inside of that weight/balance hole looks weird ... is that some kind of tool mark or jus a trick of the camera angle?

just the camera angle and crappy picture from my ipod

striker12
08-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Holy Crack's in Ice!!! Iceman

i have not thrown this ball since mid feburary of last bowling season

striker12
08-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I think the only thing keeping that peace of the ball together is the finger grip it use to be round and now the finger grip is oval.

swingset
08-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Bummer. I had a HRR crack all the way from the thumb around to the bridge (the long way). Only had 2 games on it. The replacement has been fine tho, has 60-90 games on it.

striker12
08-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Bummer. I had a HRR crack all the way from the thumb around to the bridge (the long way). Only had 2 games on it. The replacement has been fine tho, has 60-90 games on it.

yeah i have not thrown this ball in awhile and when i threw it last it was never cracked

CeKnauss
08-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Unfortunately, in the attempt to make bowling balls stronger, they have to make the coverstock more porous. As a result, the balls are more likely to crack. I have a Nexxxus and REAX that both cracked. At a few pro shops in the area, I've seen the Nexxxus, REAX, Virtual Gravity Nano solid, and several other balls (mostly of the more recent high end reactives) cracked in various ways.

My REAX rarely sat on the carpet. I had it sitting in a ball cup on my dresser for entire duration it was not in my bag, and it cracked after about a month of sitting there.

In comparison, I have an Evil Siege that has been on the carpet, sat in the heat, etc. for a lot longer than any of my other equipment and it is still in one piece.

striker12
08-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately, in the attempt to make bowling balls stronger, they have to make the coverstock more porous. As a result, the balls are more likely to crack. I have a Nexxxus and REAX that both cracked. At a few pro shops in the area, I've seen the Nexxxus, REAX, Virtual Gravity Nano solid, and several other balls (mostly of the more recent high end reactives) cracked in various ways.

My REAX rarely sat on the carpet. I had it sitting in a ball cup on my dresser for entire duration it was not in my bag, and it cracked after about a month of sitting there.

In comparison, I have an Evil Siege that has been on the carpet, sat in the heat, etc. for a lot longer than any of my other equipment and it is still in one piece.

yeah same with my hlel raiser revenge i had it sitting on a ball cup on a shelf in my back storage room with all my other bowling balls so i can room like i took all my stuff out of my bowling bags so i can put the bags up higher and stack then with out worrying about them falling.

Hampe
08-28-2013, 08:35 AM
That sucks dude.

Is it just me, or does it seem like new balls almost always get a gouge or crack the first month you use them, and then after that they're practically invincible? All the balls I've seen from teammates or league members that got cracked or gouged/chipped/scratched by the return machine were all within the first month or even the first week that people had them. I mean, there are a few exceptions (like everything), but it seems like it usually happens to newer balls. My VG got big scratch in it, and then a huge chip came out between the fingers and thumb hole all in the first month I used it (had to sand down the chipped area a bit). Since then, it's been fine.

striker12
08-28-2013, 11:41 AM
That sucks dude.

Is it just me, or does it seem like new balls almost always get a gouge or crack the first month you use them, and then after that they're practically invincible? All the balls I've seen from teammates or league members that got cracked or gouged/chipped/scratched by the return machine were all within the first month or even the first week that people had them. I mean, there are a few exceptions (like everything), but it seems like it usually happens to newer balls. My VG got big scratch in it, and then a huge chip came out between the fingers and thumb hole all in the first month I used it (had to sand down the chipped area a bit). Since then, it's been fine.

yeah i got a few newer balls then the Hell Rsier Revenge i got it drilled back in march 2012 and i found the cracked bridge like 2 weeks in summer and it still have not ever moved, i jsut hope it dose not happen to any of my other newer balls

noeymc
08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
has it been 2 years?

striker12
08-28-2013, 04:17 PM
has it been 2 years?

nope the release date of the Hell raiser revenge was January 2012 so the 2 year mark would be January 2014 but i got mine drilled in march 2012

e-tank
08-30-2013, 12:15 AM
similar thing happened to mine. I couldnt warranty it but my proshop repaired with plug. Good enough for me haha

striker12
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
similar thing happened to mine. I couldnt warranty it but my proshop repaired with plug. Good enough for me haha

yeah mine is way beyond repairable and mostly when i can see the white stuff under the cover is cracked too

striker12
09-08-2013, 12:44 PM
hey guys when i took my Hell rasier revenge up to my proshop yesterday when i went to league gave him the ball but he was not able to look at it then because there where alot of people asking to get there bowling balls resurfaced and cleaned out so he was doing that all day and i just told him take your time because my warranty it not up untill march 2014

but that one big crack thats in the pictures use to be half way around the ball now it is almost at the thumb hole

mike_thomas93
09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Ouch. That bits :// Well, looks like it's time to switch to the Endless Nightmare. :pp lol kidding, I'll leave it to you to decide your ball choice

mike_thomas93
09-10-2013, 09:01 PM
I believe that's the first time I've ever seen a cracked bowling ball before ;/

striker12
09-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I believe that's the first time I've ever seen a cracked bowling ball before ;/

yeah same here its my first time also and its kinda funny how this ball cracks but not any of my other bowling balls and they where all in the same area lol.

but i'm not sure how the warranty process goes i don't now if i can switch to another ball or if i have to get the same ball.

striker12
09-12-2013, 02:48 PM
just took a look at my Hewll raiser revenge because my pro shop operator just called me and asked me to tell him all the cracks and the one crack that goes up above the ring finger its almost at the thumb hole its a 1/2 inch away from going all the way around the ball.

vdubtx
09-12-2013, 03:34 PM
I would use the ball for that one occasion that you get stuck with a pocket 7-10 split. Chuck it down the lane and hope it splits in two to pick it up. :D :cool:

striker12
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
I would use the ball for that one occasion that you get stuck with a pocket 7-10 split. Chuck it down the lane and hope it splits in two to pick it up. :D :cool:

lol yeah i should do that

Zaxmazr
09-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Wow that thing is nasty. Sorry for your loss.
I might be experiencing this soon :( (ball has an inch size crack across the finger holes)