PDA

View Full Version : Many Firsts over the past 3 weeks!!

Aslan
08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Lets see...try to do this chronologically:

1) 3 weeks ago I bought my 1st ball (the last 18 years I've been using my Grandpa's old ball)
2) August 20th, bowled my first clean game.
3) That clean game gave me a 218; my highest score ever and my first score over my previous best of 186.
4) Yesterday I bowled my highest series; 528.

And hopefully, I'll be in my first league in a month!
:cool:

Jaescrub
08-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Grats sounds like your making some moves in the right direction

e-tank
08-28-2013, 12:15 AM
been a good 3 weeks for you! what ball did you get?

Aslan
08-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Grats sounds like your making some moves in the right direction
At this rate, I'll be turning pro by April 2014. :rolleyes:

;)

Of course, after trying synthetic lanes Sunday....and bowling a 311 series trying to figure out how to play those lanes...it humbled me back down to earth.

Aslan
08-28-2013, 01:36 AM
been a good 3 weeks for you! what ball did you get?

Storm Frantic

I kinda regret it because I've really been salivating over the Aura Mystic. But given the results...I definitely can't complain. A big improvement over my old urethane ball! I know people say it's not the ball it's the bowler...but when you go from using 20 year old equipment to new equipment....you'd be surprised!!

Aslan
08-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Storm Frantic

I kinda regret it because I've really been salivating over the Aura Mystic. But given the results...I definitely can't complain. A big improvement over my old urethane ball! I know people say it's not the ball it's the bowler...but when you go from using 20 year old equipment to new equipment....you'd be surprised!!

And...as I learned Monday...the color of the Frantic attracts little girls. Now I gotta find the bowling ball color that attracts women 25 years older and I'll be golden!!

e-tank
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Storm Frantic

I think it was a good step going to something more mid grade like a frantic which is perfect for house shot and is something you could use though the league series. The mystic wouldve been more a conditional ball as youd need to keep finding oil.

Hampe
08-29-2013, 06:19 AM
I agree with E-tank. No need to get a high-end ball just yet. Work on your game first and get consistent. Afterwards you can flesh out your arsenal a bit. Just be patient....it takes a while to build up consistency. Starting off with a med-oil / entry performance ball is definitely the best way to go. I know how tempting it is to get the newest, shiniest, hooking-est ball out there, but it won't really help your game until you've got the basics down.

Also, congrats on your progress :)

dnhoffman
08-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Congrats!

mike_thomas93
08-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Keep up the good work. Keep working hard, and you'll strive even farther (:

XFACTOR67
09-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Congrats...I too have had many first over the past year and a half. Shot my first 300 January 27th 2012 and another one on May 4th 2013. Multiple 700 series, High being 796 and finally averaging over 220 in a full season.

Mudpuppy
09-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Storm Frantic

I don't know I would say a large percentage has to do with the ball otherwise the pros would just throw a house ball. I agree there are a lot of mechanics and even mental aspects but I would say maybe that is 10% of it and 90% equipment when you get down to brass tax. Mechanics once you know what works it is just repetition.

Zaxmazr
09-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I mean if you buy an expensive ball and you don't know how to throw, it won't exactly work as advertised

Aslan
09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't know I would say a large percentage has to do with the ball otherwise the pros would just throw a house ball. I agree there are a lot of mechanics and even mental aspects but I would say maybe that is 10% of it and 90% equipment when you get down to brass tax. Mechanics once you know what works it is just repetition.

That would be depressing if it were true.