PDA

View Full Version : Carry Down/Dead Zone was a practice killer!

GoodGravy
09-01-2013, 10:33 PM
So there I was, minding my own business trying to get some last minute practice in before leagues start this week...and BAM-O!!! Worst practice ever!

It appears that we were bowling on the PBA Experience Sport Pattern instead of the THS. That in itself is not such a big deal, since I am a big fan of sports patterns, but the problem was we didn't know it and it was well after the pattern had broken down and we were left with nothing but dead zones and carry down. Looking back, it was a bit humorous since I was doing everything I could think of to get the ball to the pocket short of going thumb-less and chucking it like I was channeling Belmonte....

Once we figured out what was going on (checked with the front desk also), we were able to try and recover, but the mental damage had been done already!!! So now I am re-grouping and just trying to learn from it....got to shake it off and get focused to hit it hard at league!

e-tank
09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Did you ever figure out what pattern you were on? Maybe it was a longer one like the shark pattern which could attribute to your woes. I feel your pain on the mental damage from carrydown/deadzones, after a while it made me doubt my balls ability to come back so i started throwing it almost directly at the pocket with maybe a 3-5 board hook

GoodGravy
09-02-2013, 11:34 PM
The house mixes it up quite a lot and I still don't have a clue what the pattern was this weekend. I am headed into the pro shop tomorrow afternoon to get a ball worked on and I'll see if anybody in the shop knows.

The more I think about it, the more motivated I am getting to get back out on the sports pattern and have at it!!! Loose the Dogs of War...so to speak...

MICHAEL
09-03-2013, 01:21 AM
I went to the lanes the day after a sports pattern league had their league last winter. It was the Turnpike! They were jacking with me, the lane I was on was not used the night before. I thought I had lost IT!! Thought I might be having a STROKE or Bowling Melt down!! First game was bad, but I thought it was a house pattern! Then I make some adjustments, and by my third game I had a 279!!!! I have the sheet posted on me vs Michael! They told me that that was the highest game bowl on the sports league the night before. Mgr, said I should take that home a frame it!!! I did have a copy made, but filed it after making a copy to hard drive.. LOL