PDA

View Full Version : Vdubtx's bowling scores

Pages : [1] 2 3

vdubtx
09-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Starting 2 leagues up beginning tomorrow evening, will be bowling on Tuesdays and Thursdays this fall.
Will be posting up my scores after each bowling night and maybe a practice session here and there.

Readying to get back into some competitive bowling with my Tuesday night league. High average 5 man teams. Thursdays is a fun league for me.

Good luck on your bowling this year all.

vdubtx
09-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Well, last night started off with a hurry but from there it all went south.

First game was a 246, started off with 2 spares and then strung along a 4 bagger, a 9 pin count with a spare conversion and then punched out.
Second game the carry down was affecting me and I wasn't hitting my mark so ball kept going high, had several splits and not many strikes for a 177.
3rd game was a repeat of game 2, but an extra split thrown in for good measure, kept making adjustments and made a ball change for a frame, but my thumb was too swollen for that ball. Ended game 3 with a 156.

First night series of 579. :( Welcome back to league bowling. Already blown my goal to not throw below 600 this year in the first night out. Oh well, pressure is off, LOL. :D I tied for low man on team for the night. As a team I believe we too 6 of 8 points.

On to my fun Thursday league.

Aslan
09-04-2013, 01:04 PM
You seem the opposite of me. I usually start slow (often my first ball goes straight into the right side gutter) and then end up throwing a gem in the 3rd game.

vdubtx
09-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Bowling night in my fun league. Started the night off pretty poorly, basically following up on my Tuesday night game 2 and 3 performance. Game 1 168, game 2 I finally got my act together and started striking, doubled to start and then had a poor shot leaving the 3-6-9-10 and converted it, traded strikes and 10 pins and converting them, and finished game with 5 strikes for a nice 236. Game 3 was much of the same started out with 2 spares, doubled, 10 pin which I converted, another double followed by a 10 pin and again converted, then punched out for a nice 237 game and 641 series.

Game 1 we won by 30 pins despite my poor performance, game 2 we took by 1 pin and I needed to strike out to put it away. Always feels good to do that. 3rd game I didn't think we had a chance, but it was down to their anchor and me. I went up first and struck out, their anchor needed 2 marks to win. He had a 9 count to start and converted, then needed 9 to win by 1 pin and he struck. Took 3 of 4 for the night, so very happy with that.

vdubtx
09-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Started out my night with a pretty good read on the lanes. Used my Disturbed this game and started out with a strike, 2nd frame ball sailed out on me and I thought for sure it was going in the gutter but it came back and left a very light hit for a 4-10 split. Traded a strike then a spare in 3 &4, then rang off the next 6 before the Disturbed went a bit heavy and leaving a 4-7 and ended up with a 236.

Changed balls to my First Blood and went Dutch until the 7th frame where I doubled up and then went real heavy due to a tug and left the big four, picked out the 4 on the spare attempt. Then left a 10 pin, converted, left a 4 pin and converted in 10th frame and then left a stone 9 pin to finish out with a 188.

Game 3 started out a bit weird and left a 7 pin, doubled, then tugged again and left a 3-6, then a 10 pin and converted, struck, then another 7 pin, 4 bagger and then left a 7 count for a 234.

Total series 658 which I am happy about. With exception to 2 open frames with splits I was pretty pleased with my spare pick ups.

vdubtx
09-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Pretty good night of bowling. Started the first game using my Disturbed and tugged going a bit high to begin the game and leaving a 6-10, doubled after that and then left a 10 pin which I did not convert. 3 in a row after that and then left a pocket 7-10 split, Uggh!!! Doubled and then went high again for another 6-10 and a 209 game.

2nd game started out with the first 4 frames leaving 10 pins, 3 of which I converted. Switched balls after none of my adjustments worked after leaving those 10 pins to my First Blood. Went sheet after that for a 246 game. Each ball I threw this game felt really good and were nice pocket hits. Very slightly off leeving those 10 pins, but what could have been if I had just a little help in the carry department. :)

3rd game started out with a stone 9 pin, which I shamefully did not convert, went wide right by about 2 inches. Struck next frame and then dropped speed a bit and went high for a 3-6-10 leave, picked that up and then had a 4 bagger, again dropped speed and left a 3-6-10. 3 more strikes and then left a 10 pin on fill frame for a nice 235 game.

Series of 690. Pretty happy with the night.

vdubtx
09-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Another solid night of bowling. First game started with the Disturbed and began with a double followed by a 10 pin which I converted, sruck, went light leaving the bucket and converted it and then ran off 6 in a row with an 8 count(6-10) to finish out the game with a nice 257.

Started to struggle the 2nd game a bit and kept moving and hitting heavy. 4-7 to being with and converted, stone 8 converted, a bad break and left a 7-9 split, then a 6-7 split, changed balls and went with the First Blood, left 2 9 counts(a 4 and a 10) both converted, then went heavy for a 3-6-10, which I tugged the heck out my spare ball and picked out the 3 from it for my 3rd and final open of the night. Turkeyed and then left a 6 pin which I picked up for a 178.

Third game I made another move and left a 7 pin converted, moved again heavy with a 3-6 and picked it up, moved another board and shifted target forward from the arrows bit heavier with a 4 pin picked up, another 4 pin picked up. Changed balls again to my weakest ball the U-Turn and put a 4 bagger together, then a 9 count 10 pin picked up, doubled and then left a 7 count(4-7-10) split in the fill frame for a nice 232 and a solid 667 series.

We took all 4 games tonight, 2nd game we only took by 2 pins and our 3rd game we took by 4 pins. Solid performances all around for our team, low man was a 623, high was a 696. Feel like I am finally figuring out the shot at this house and how much drier the lanes get compared to my Thursday night league.

vdubtx
09-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Solid night of bowling, lanes were pretty well fried, would send my Disturbed out to the 5 board standing at about 35 and it would hit heavy. That ball moves like crazy. Had to ball down 2 times before half way through 2nd game.

First game started with a bad tug from me and went very high for a 3-6-7-10 split, turkey then a couple 7 and 8 count spare frames, struck, then 7 and 9 count spares, struck out in 10th for a 213.

Second game started with a double and went heavy leaving a 6-7-10 split, next frame left a 6-7 split which I picked up. Traded strikes and spares until 9th frame and punched out for a 211.

Third game was all clean finishing up with 5 in a row for a nice 234 and a 658 series.

Spare shooting tonight was real good. Most of the spares left were from going a bit high all night long so mostly right side leaves.

Zaxmazr
09-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Nice series!

vdubtx
09-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Another good, solid night of bowling.

First game started with a stone 8, then I doubled, left a 10 pin which was converted, then ran off the last 8 for a nice 269. Used my First Blood for the entire game.

Second game started with the front 6, total of 14 strikes in a row when combining the last 8 from game 1. ;) Went heavy in the 7th with a 6-7-10, then left a 10 pin and converted it, heavy again with a 6-10, then struck out for a nice 243. Used the First Blood this game.

Third game the lanes were pretty well fried, started with a strike and then went heavy for another 6-7-10, 10 pin converted, a 2-5-7 which was kind of weird, doubled, stone 9 pin, 6-10, strike, another stone 9 and finished out with a strike and a 181. I should have learned from last week and balled down to begin this game, but stuck with the First blood for the first 4 frames. My fault and will not make mistake next week. :)

269-243-181 for a 693 series, was high man for the night. 2nd was my friend Mike with a 692. With the 2 first games being so good, I should have at least had a 700 series. But I am happy to have bowled so well. We took all 4 games as a team(3rd week in a row) and when one of us was down, another was right there to pick them up. I think we have a real shot to win this high average league. I am really very happy with my spare pick ups. My 10 pin pick ups have been much improved lately.

vdubtx
09-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Started out the night with a horrible shot leaving a washout, and did not convert. Not how I wanted to start the night. Got up on the next frame and left a 10 pin which I converted. 4 bagger and then a stone 9 pin. 3 more strikes and a 4 pin spare to finish out the game for a 237.

Next game started out with a stone 9 pin then the next 5 before going really light and leaving a 2-5, converted that and followed with a strike, a 10 pin which I totally yanked missing it. Then punched out in the 10th for a 236.

3rd game started out with a turkey, then left a 4 pin then a 10 pin both converted. Next 5 were strikes and then went way wide with my shot in the 10th frame leaving a 2-4-6-10 split and pick 3 out of that for a nice 253 game.

237-236-253=726

First 700 series of the Fall season. Used the First Blood all night moving only 3 boards on each lane. Aside from my first shot, last shot and going light once in 2nd game, I was on target all night. Pretty happy about that as I worked on my timing on approach and targetting in my practice Sunday.

My friend Mike from my Tuesday night league bowled a 300 tonight. His 70 something 300 game. He shot an 806 in his travel league this past weekend.

vdubtx
10-01-2013, 11:50 PM
OK night on the lanes first game came out real strong and had a nice shot, 268. 2nd game lost the shot and made moves and kept leaving 10 pins, 9 pins, 4 pins with one split thrown in for good measure and ended with 198. 3rd game wheels fell off and was the first game that I can even remember that I did not even strike. 1 open(chopped the 3-9 out of 3-6-9-10) and a lowly 171 for a 637 series. Spare conversions were really good. Aside from split in game 2, only had the 3-6-9-10 open. Converted 6 10 pins tonight.

Really struggling on the 2nd-3rd games at this particular house. Any moves I made either in to find more oil or out to swing it were not working. Going to get my least aggressive ball and get it cleaned/resurfaced/polished this week and see how it does in games 2-3 next week.

vdubtx
10-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Good night on the lanes. First game came out hot starteed with first 3, went a little light leaving a 2-8 then had a pocket 7-10 that tripped me up in 5th frame. 6 strikes and then a 10 pin left in fill frame for a nice 254.

2nd game started out with a double, then a 10 pin, struck again, then a 7 pin leave(ugh), doubled then got real loose on my shot and left a 4-8. If that wasn't bad enough, pick out the 8 from that attempted conversion. Next time up 4-10 split for 2 straight opens. Strike out in 10th to salvage a 203.

3rd game start with a 10 pin, light again 2-8, another 4-10, 10 pin, strike, 10 pin, 6 pin, turkey, then 10 pin to finish out with a 202.

254-203-202=659

We were done in record time tonight, but much to my dismay. Our opponents did not show, they will post bowl. My team mates wanted to get the heck out of there, so they were speed bowling. The 2nd and 3rd games were done so quickly I hardly had time to decompress and think about my shots each time up. Put my foot down and told them we won't be bowling that quickly again.

The shot was good all night, just a few loose shots by me or I would have easily had 700 series again. My season to date 10 pin conversions are up to 86% which I know for sure is a high for me. Haven't really tracked it as much as I do this season in past, but my practice over the summer is paying off.

vdubtx
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Had a great practice session yesterday. Went to the house I bowl in on Tuesdays. This house has been giving me trouble in games 2 and 3 so I wanted to correct that. Had my least aggressive ball,U-Turn, cleaned and polished to make it work better for me on these lanes.

As with all of my practice sessions, I use each one of my balls for a game.

Started out with my Disturbed and was playing the lane from approach at 35 targeting 17 at the arrows which was about 5-6 at breakpoint. Played a little with hand position and ball speed.

Next game switched to First Blood and playing 30 approach, 15 at arrows with break at 6-7. In both games with the Disturbed and First Blood was in pocket most of the game while making slight adjustments each frame.

Next game went to the U-Turn that was freshly polished and started out on approach at 25 targeting 15 at arrows with break point of 5. This line was perfect for the U-turn and resulted in consistent pocket shots. Picked up ball speed about .5mph per the display and had 2 great clean games.

Time will tell on Tuesday, but I think I have figured something out for this particular house. Nothing earth shattering and should have been a duh moment in weeks past, but dry lanes aren't something I usually encounter at my Thusday night league house, they use higher concentration of oil.

Feeling pretty good about Tuesday.

vdubtx
10-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Started out the night tonight with my First Blood, had a good line and what seemed a bit more oil that I had experienced in weeks past at this house.

Game 1 started out good with a double, went light into the pocket next frame out leaving a 2-8, light again the next frame for a 4-7, then struck 7 of the next 8 for a nice 245.
Game 2 a bit too much ball speed in a few frames and I was light to the pocket 7 count(2-4-5) in the 2nd frame was my lowest first ball count all night. Kept it clean through 7 frames and then punched out for a 229.
Game 3 controlled my ball speed, hit my mark and had the front 6, left a 10 pin, 7 pin, 10 pin and then struck out for a 257!

245-229-257 for a real nice and clean 731 series. Was finally able to tackle the drier parts of the night with adjustments to my line and ball speed and used the First Blood all night long.

vdubtx
10-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Another good night on the lanes. :cool:

First game started with a 10 pin, then had the next 6, bit heavy in 8th leavin a 4 pin, then a 10, and punch out for a nice 258. Needed to punch out to win game and we did by 8 pins.

Second game started with a 10 pin, then went heavy for a real ugly 4-6-7-9-10 split, doubled after that and then was way out and left a 1-2-4-7, 3 in a row and then went wide again leaving a 1-2. Punched out for a 217. Need to finish strong, we won game 2 by 12 pins.

Third game started with a double, then went heavy leaving a 4-6-7 split. Ran off the next 6 then a 10 pin in 10th frame and left a 4-6 split in the fill for a 242.

258-217-242 = 717. 2nd 700 series this week.

Good primer and confidence booster for the Greater Tulsa Tournament I will be bowling in this weekend. Wish me luck. :D

Bunny
10-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Good Luck!

Throw Rocks!!

vdubtx
10-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Had a great first set of games at the Greater Tulsa Open.

First game started off with the front 7 strikes. Then left a 7 pin, doubled and then left a very light 2 pin for a nice 268 game.

Second game I put it all together and did this... I am bowler #3. :cool:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/null_zpsbb9df81e.jpg

That was my 5th 300 game and since this tournament is a USBC sanctioned tournament, I will get a ring for it. :D

Last game I was so nervous and coming down from my game 2 adrenaline that I started out too fast on my approach and had an open to start the game and put a few things together for a 204.

268-300-204 for a real nice 772 series. :cool:

circlecity
10-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Had a great first set of games at the Greater Tulsa Open.

First game started off with the front 7 strikes. Then left a 7 pin, doubled and then left a very light 2 pin for a nice 268 game.

Second game I put it all together and did this... I am bowler #3. :cool:

That was my 5th 300 game and since this tournament is a USBC sanctioned tournament, I will get a ring for it. :D

Last game I was so nervous and coming down from my game 2 adrenaline that I started out too fast on my approach and had an open to start the game and put a few things together for a 204.

268-300-204 for a real nice 772 series. :cool:

Congrats on the 300

vdubtx
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Thank you circlecity :cool:

The rest of the weekend at the tournament went pretty well. For Singles and Doubles events we were at Broken Arrow Lanes south of Tulsa. The day started out trying to find the right line with a 189 game.

Game 2 found my line and was repeating shots, ended with a 229.

3rd game I was in stride and making strikes. Had the front 9 and on first ball of 10th frame delivered my ball and something popped in my hip of my slide leg, did not feel so good. Went slightly high and left a 4-7, picked that up and then struck to finish out with a 278.

189-229-278=696 in Singles.

Now comes the doubles event, we switch lanes and my hip is now hurting. Not able to deliver normally and having a tough time.

Game 1 160
Game 2 166
Game 3 a horrific 126.

Yes, you read that right, a 452 series. I won't go and blame it all on the hip as I was able to get a couple strikes here and there, but for the most part I was missing my mark and going right through the nose. LOTS of splits.

Live and learn. :(

I came away from the experience with an award score in a tournament setting and am extremely happy about that. My brother, who lives in Oklahoma City, was with me and was witness to the game. That was the first person in my family to see me bowl a 300 game. My wife hasn't even seen me bowl one of my prior 300 games.

circlecity
10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Nagging pains are tough to deal with especially mentally. It's hard to forget that something aches or hurts and to concentrate on bowling rather the pain. Although some who think too much during bowling might do well with something like that.

Anyhoo you still threw the ball well for the most part and in a tournament.

Zaxmazr
10-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Teach me your ways master!

vdubtx
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM
On a roll lately.

Tonight started out pretty well like my first games always do in this particular house. Started with a double and then started to go a bit light on both sides, leaving a 2 pin and then a 7, light again leaving a 2-8 and then ran off the next 5, light again leaving a 1-2-4-10 and picking it up for a nice 242 game.

2nd game started with a tug of the ball and leaving a 3-9 which I converted, then ran off the next 5 before leaving a 10 pin, a double and then went right through the nose leaving a 4-6-7 in the 10th frame for a 234.

3rd game started with 3 10 pin leaves. a double and then 2 more 10 pins. Converted all of my 10 pins tonight. Cool Then ran off the next 4 before leaving a 7 pin for a nice 235 game.

242-234-235 = 711

As a Team, we took 6 of 8 points and should be in first or second place going into position round next week.

Glad that I remembered how to bowl after my awful performance the last set of the tournament I bowled this weekend. Still had my confidence from the 300 I bowled on Saturday.

vdubtx
10-18-2013, 12:24 PM
My roll continues.

My night started out with a 10 pin leave, converted it and the. Ran off 5 in a row. Another 10 pin conversion and then then a 4 bragger with a 4 pin leave to finish out with a nice 268.

Made a slight move left due to leaving the 4 pin in fill frame last game.

Game 2 started with a strike and then another 10 pin conversion. Ran off the next 8 with strikes before tugging the ball and leaving a 3 pin which I converted for a 269.

Game 3 started out a bit heavy and left another 4 pin. Doubled and then left a 9 pin, Ugh! 4 bragger before leaving a beautiful 10 pin, lost my focus and missed it left, double ugh!! Struck in 10th before going way outside and leaving a 2-4-10 split for a 225 game.

268-269-225 for a real nice 762 series. Used the First Blood again all 3 games and making only a 2 board move with my feet in total.

Leaving that darn 10 pin cost me a 780+ series. Even more importantly even possibly my first 800 series. If I had struck in the 9th frame, would have needed to double in 10th frame to secure the 800 series.

Ah well, what's done is done. That's the breaks. Just real happy to be rolling so well lately.

vdubtx
10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tried editing my above post to add this in, but since the "edit post" option does rarely works on this site, had to make a new post for it.

Thursday Night League info:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/null_zpsde7094b6.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/null_zpsde7094b6.jpg.html)

21 Games season to date total pin fall 4853, 231.10 average.
86% single pin fall conversion.
First ball average 9.43
17 opens(11 splits, 4 ten pins, 1 nine pin)

vdubtx
10-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Tuesday Night league info:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/null_zpsf48df076.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/null_zpsf48df076.jpg.html)

21 Games Season to date total pin fall 4676, 222.67 average
96% single pin conversion.
First ball average 9.27
20 opens(15 splits, 1 10 pin, 1 6 pin, 1 2-8, 1 3-6-10, 1 3-6-9-10)

vdubtx
10-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Started out the night with an OK look on the lanes. My speed was not very consistent so I had some shots that went high or light hits on the pocket.

Game 1 = 224 Nice pocket shots, just not good carry on some.

Game 2 = 231 Had front six and then had to start making some moves. Ball reaction completely changed on me.

Game 3 = 152 Ball reaction still bad and I stuck with it for first half of the game and then thought of an adjustment I had read about and went to my Disturbed and used 20 at the arrows to find some more oil on the lanes and it worked pretty well, unfortunately too late to save the game.

224-231-152 = 607
Still an OK night and I learned something in the process. Figured I didn't have anything to lose in the 3rd game so I made the change to a stronger ball and will keep it in mind going forward.

JaMau24
10-23-2013, 02:57 PM
keep up the good bowling

vdubtx
10-24-2013, 10:50 PM
keep up the good bowling

Thanks Jason.

Made some good early adjustments on the lanes tonight. All through practice everyone had a hard time getting to the head pin. Looked like the middle of the lane was flooded for some reason. I kept throwing at 15 with my First Blood and it would hook just a few boards at the break point. Switched on 3rd frame of the game to my Disturbed and played the same line and had 24/35 strikes for the night. Had 2 opens on 9 spare attempts, left a 10 pin standing in 10th frame of game 1 and one light hit leaving a 1-2-8-10 in game 2.

Game 1 = 237
Game 2 = 240
Game 3 = 266 started this game with 3 spares and then punched out

Nice 743 series. Now averaging 233 on my Thursday league.

vdubtx
10-29-2013, 11:37 PM
Took the adjustment I made in the last game last week and remembered the moves and adjustments made and incorporated them into this week. While I didn't change balls tonight, I did certainly change my line and angle of attack.

Game 1 started out with a turkey, went slightly high leaving a 4, then slightly light leaving a 2, ran off the next 4 and then went right through the nose leaving a 4-6 split ending with a 234.

Game 2 started leaving a 9 pin, then ran off the next 7 before going light in the 9th frame leaving a 2-8-10 split. Struck out to finish with a nice 255.

Game 3 I went heavy again through the nose leaving a 6-10, which I managed to pick off the 6 from it to start the game with an open :(. Doubled, then went heavy again with a 3-6, started making moves 2 boards at a time, struck, left a 10 pin, turkey, then too much of an adjustment and went light leaving the 2-8, converted that and a 3-6 to finish out with a 213.

234-255-213 = 702 , my 3rd in 4 weeks on Tuesdays.

My misses going heavy tonight were all due to my ball speed. I hit my target all night long and the way these lanes read from mid game 2 to end of game 3, if you are slow on your speed it goes through the nose. Real happy with my adjustments and chalk this up to another learning experience. :cool:

vdubtx
11-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Last night started out with one of our lanes breaking down while practicing. Got one shot on the lane before it went dark. 10 minutes later it was back up and running, my First Blood was stuck down lane the entire time, was worried what it would look like when I got it back. Turned out it was fine. After the lanes was fixed we got a few extra minutes of practice time added on.

Game 1 started out with a double and then went ever so slightly high leaving a 4-9, turkey after that, then left a 10 pin, strike, 10 pin again, 4 pin in 10th frame and then left 3-4-6-7 in fill frame for a 210 game.

Game 2 started out with a 4-8, which I proceeded to chop the 4 pin out of(Ugh!), next frame up left the bucket and converted it, 4 pin, then ran off the next 5 after making adjustments on each lane. 10 pin in 9th frame, then doubled in 10th then leaving a 9 pin in fill for a 236.

Game 3 started out with the first 5, then tugged leaving a 6-10. ran off the next 4 before leaving a 7-9 split for a 265 game.

210-236-265=711, 4th consecutive 700 series on Thursday night. Averaged 239 the month of October in this house. :cool:

vdubtx
11-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Yet another good night on the lanes.

Game 1 started with a turkey then left a ringing 10 pin, converted that and next time up went light leaving the bucket. Ran off the next 4 before leaving a 4 pin and then struck in fill for a 244.

Game 2 started terribly, went way light leaving a washout made worse when the 2 pin was knocked out leaving a 1-4-6-10. Makeable but I picked the head pin out of it leaving 3 on the deck. Next time up left a 9 pin, converted that then ran off a turkey then left an 8 pin. Next time up went light leaving a 2 pin, then punched out for a 235.

Game 3 started with a double and then left an 8 pin, went a bit heavy(slow on my delivery) leaving 3-6-10, turkeyed, then left a 10 pin, doubled before laving a 4-9 in the fill of the 10th for a 231.

244-235-231 = 711

As a team we took 3 of 4 games. Had 2 bowlers out and had to make up 180 pins each game. The last game we almost caught back up but failed to complete it. Game 1 we caught them up by the 6th frame. Game 2 we caught them in the 10th frame and over took 'em.

MICHAEL
11-06-2013, 08:38 AM
nice series!!! Want to bowl on our team Sunday evening??? We need a replacement for a guy that's a no show half the time!! LOL

vdubtx
11-06-2013, 10:35 AM
nice series!!! Want to bowl on our team Sunday evening??? We need a replacement for a guy that's a no show half the time!! LOL

Thanks ICEMAN!

Would love to!! Let me get you in touch with my agent. LOL. Have to iron out details regarding travel arrangements and per diem's. :D :cool:

vdubtx
11-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Bit of a struggle for me tonight. Just missing my mark, inside, outside just all over the place.

Game 1 = 214
Game 2 = 178 3 splits and missed 10 pin
Game 3 = 232 had the front 6 and then all fell apart again :D

214-178-232=625

Always next week. :cool:

vdubtx
01-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Been awhile since I updated any scores:

12/10/13
235-247-235=717

12/12/13
216-246-176=638

12/17/13
191-199-234=624

12/19/13
212-214-289=715

01/02/14
267-246-227=740

01/09/14
266-234-213=713

01/14/14
225-277-233=735

01/16/14
262-247-226=735

vdubtx
01-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Keeping my momentum going...

Game 1 started out leaving an 8 pin, converted and then ran off the next 9. 2nd ball in 10th frame I pull it just a hair and ball goes heavy leaving a 6 pin, spare it up for a nice 279!

Game 2 starts with the front 4, then leave a pair of 7 pins, converted both. Punch out for a 268.

Game 3 starts with turkey, then I dropped ball speed ever so slightly leaving a 4-6-7 split. Strike next time up and then up again on left lane go heavy leaving a 4-7-9 split, picked it up although I know my chance of the ever elusive 800 series slipping away. Not wanting to go heavy again, I end up going light the next time up leaving a 2-8 and then run off the next 4 before leaving a 10 pin in the fill for a 232.

279-268-232 = 779

Only moved a half board all night until leaving the pair of splits in the 3rd game, made a 3 board adjustment to finish it out.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/1-21-14_zpsa43fd824.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/1-21-14_zpsa43fd824.jpg.html)

JaMau24
01-22-2014, 12:57 AM
Keeping my momentum going...

Game 1 started out leaving an 8 pin, converted and then ran off the next 9. 2nd ball in 10th frame I pull it just a hair and ball goes heavy leaving a 6 pin, spare it up for a nice 279!

Game 2 starts with the front 4, then leave a pair of 7 pins, converted both. Punch out for a 268.

Game 3 starts with turkey, then I dropped ball speed ever so slightly leaving a 4-6-7 split. Strike next time up and then up again on left lane go heavy leaving a 4-7-9 split, picked it up although I know my chance of the ever elusive 800 series slipping away. Not wanting to go heavy again, I end up going light the next time up leaving a 2-8 and then run off the next 4 before leaving a 10 pin in the fill for a 232.

279-268-232 = 779

Only moved a half board all night until leaving the pair of splits in the 3rd game, made a 3 board adjustment to finish it out.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/1-21-14_zpsa43fd824.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/1-21-14_zpsa43fd824.jpg.html)

Nice Shooting!

mc_runner
01-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Great series!

vdubtx
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Nice Shooting!

Great series!

Thanks! :cool:

tr33frog
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Very nice series! Good bowling!

vdubtx
01-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks tr33frog!

Last night had a bit of a struggle with carry on the lanes. Was pocket the first 2 games for all but 3 shots.

Game 1 - started with a double, left a 7 pin, 10 pin, 4 pin, struck, 10 pin, went high 4-6-10, struck, 10 pin, tried a different ball with poor results with a 6 count for a 189.

Game 2 - started with turkey, 10 pin, struck, pocket 8-10, 10 pin(missed), struck and another 6 count to finish with a 210.

Game 3 - Slowed myself down and started with the front 7, next time up did not keep myself slow and left 2-4-5, turkeyed again before finishing leaving an 8 count on the deck for a 275.

Last game salvaged my night with a 674 series.

Aslan
01-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Dang it!!

Why can't I be a good bowler?

vdubtx
01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Little bit of a rough night last night. The practice I had Sunday was the right thing to be working on, I just didn't keep myself consistent with the speed and paid for it a few times each game.

Game 1 started with a double then dropped speed next 2 frames leaving a 3-6-10 and a 3-6. Then turkey before leaving a 7 pin, high again leaving a 6-10, then the wonderful 7-10 graced me with it's presence in the 10th frame for a whopping 209.

Game 2 started with a strike, then heavy again leaving 3-6-10, which I somehow managed to pick out the 6 with my spare ball.... got my speed back up with a turkey, slightly high leaving a 4, high with a 6-10, real high leaving a 3, strike, 4 pin, and a strike to finish out with a 202.

Game 3 made a change to my U-Turn as it will get down the lane pretty well on drier conditions. Should have made this change in game 2 but I was stubborn. First frame with ball change went light(had not had that happen all night - good sign) leaving a 2-8, converted that and ran off the next 4 before leaving a 7 pin. Doubled before leaving 6-10, then another 7 pin and strike to finish out with a 236.

209-202-236=647

Ok, with that considering I shot myself in the foot with my inconsistent ball speed tonight. Will continue to work on that in my practice sessions. Been a long while that I did not leave a single 10 pin, left 3 7 pins tonight which is also rare.

vdubtx
01-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Had a pretty good night aside from a rough start to it, once I got myself together and put everything else out of my mind that is.

Game 1 started with a 9 pin leave, was actually a 4-9 but luckily the 4 was tripped out almost taking the 9 with it. Next frame up too quick on my feet and ball sailed right past headpin leaving 1-2, I proceeded to sail the ball again barely making contact with the headpin, leaving the 2 pin standing...Great, perfect start to the night. Struck, then went light again leaving a 2 pin. Doubled after that before again going light and leaving the 1-2-4-10, pick out the 1-2-4 leaving the 10 standing. Finally dropped my speed and turkeyed before going slightly high leaving a 4 pin for an even 200 game.

Game 2 started with a 10 pin leave(yay finally finding the pocket for more than 1 frame) converted that and then ran off the next 8 strikes before seriously tugging the ball in 10th frame and leaving a 4-7-10 split. Fail!

Game 3 Kept my approach slow and consistent, started with first 5 before leaving a 7 pin, then ran off the next 4 and then left a 10 pin, converted that for a nice 268 game.

200-255-268 = 723

Thursday Night League Season to date through 57 games:
Average = 231.93
First ball average = 9.43
Strikes = 65%
Single pin spare conversion = 89%(85% 10 pin conversion)
Non split spare conversion = 86%
Split leaves = 16%
Split conversion = 3%

MICHAEL
01-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Had a pretty good night aside from a rough start to it, once I got myself together and put everything else out of my mind that is.

Game 1 started with a 9 pin leave, was actually a 4-9 but luckily the 4 was tripped out almost taking the 9 with it. Next frame up too quick on my feet and ball sailed right past headpin leaving 1-2, I proceeded to sail the ball again barely making contact with the headpin, leaving the 2 pin standing...Great, perfect start to the night. Struck, then went light again leaving a 2 pin. Doubled after that before again going light and leaving the 1-2-4-10, pick out the 1-2-4 leaving the 10 standing. Finally dropped my speed and turkeyed before going slightly high leaving a 4 pin for an even 200 game.

Game 2 started with a 10 pin leave(yay finally finding the pocket for more than 1 frame) converted that and then ran off the next 8 strikes before seriously tugging the ball in 10th frame and leaving a 4-7-10 split. Fail!

Game 3 Kept my approach slow and consistent, started with first 5 before leaving a 7 pin, then ran off the next 4 and then left a 10 pin, converted that for a nice 268 game.

200-255-268 = 723

Thursday Night League Season to date through 57 games:
Average = 231.93
First ball average = 9.43
Strikes = 65%
Single pin spare conversion = 89%(85% 10 pin conversion)
Non split spare conversion = 86%
Split leaves = 16%
Split conversion = 3%

excellent shooting!! Great stat's!!! I need to start using a phone app for records also!

vdubtx
02-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Just an OK night last night.

Game 1 started with a ringing 10 pin which I failed to convert. Next was a 4 pin, strike, 6-10, 7 pin, 9 pin, turkeyed, another 9 pin, and finally a 10 pin for a 205. Needless to say luck was not on my side. Can only fault myself for the few 9 pins left all on the left lane, it was hooking more.

Game 2 again started with a 10 pin, but I made sure I converted this one. Doubled then another 9 pin, strike, 10 pin, yet another 9 pin, doubled and then left a 7 pin in 10th frame. On my conversion attempt I hit my ankle on the down swing with the ball and the ball went directly into the channel. Have not hit my ankle with a ball in more years than I can remember. Another 205.

Game 3 started with a little apprehension about hitting my ankle again, ball speed dropped a bit and went high for a 6-10, turkeyed before leaving a 4 pin, turkeyed again before going real light leaving a 2-4-5, in 10th frame again went high leaving 3-6-9-10 which I proceeded to pick out the 3-9 from for a 220 game.

205-205-220=630

All in all my spare game was my downfall for the night. Missing 10 pin in game 1, missing 7 pin to end game 2 after hitting my ankle and then missing 3-6-9-10 to end game 3. As a team we took 3 of 4, but last game it was close, thought I was going to cost the team the game for missing the spare in 10th. First week in awhile that I did not have a split at all. Was pocket or high pocket the entire night with exception to the 2-4-5 that I left in game 3.

Tuesday Night League Season to date through 63 games:
Average = 222.13
First ball average = 9.30
Strikes = 60%
Single pin spare conversion = 94%(90% 10 pin conversion)
Non split spare conversion = 90.6%
Split leaves = 8%
Split conversion = 8%

vdubtx
02-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Had an OK read on the lanes during my 3 practice shots I was able to get in. Typically need 4-5 shots to even get loose and warmed up.

Game 1 started with a strike and then went slightly light leaving a 2-4-5, 4 bagger followed by a stone 3(ha ha, I went way high) lucky to only have left the 3. Followed that up with a strike and then high again leaving 3-6-10 and finally punching out for a nice 239. OUr team took game 1 by 254 pins. This is after giving 98 pins in handicap!

Game 2 started with a double then light again leaving 2-4-5(2nd of the night), doubled again before laving an 8, struck and then slightly high with a 4 pin, high again 3-6-10, another 8 pin, then a 9 pin in the fill frame for a 211.

Game 3 started with the front 4, was matching my opponent, but then I went slightly high leaving 6-10, he continued striking until the 7 frame. I picked up in 6th frame and started striking again and proceeded to punch out for a real nice 278.

239-211-278 = 728

All in all a good night with some targeting issues on my part. Thankfully I left no splits and had 30 clean frames! Have not had a completely clean series in quite some time. Very happy with that.

JaMau24
02-12-2014, 05:07 AM
Nice job! I had a 30 clean on last monday and that was the first for me in a while.

Hampe
02-12-2014, 06:40 AM
Wow.....30 clean is damn good, nice job. I don't think I've ever come close to having a whole clean series.

Bunny
02-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Nice shootin' Tex!!

vdubtx
02-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks Jason, Bunny and Hampe!

vdubtx
02-14-2014, 10:07 AM
We were on lanes 1 & 2 last night. Have had a very up and down experience on this particular pair at this house, my personal best was on the pair.

Game 1 started with a nice pocket shot, then a light/lucky shot for a double. Dropped my ball speed and went high for a 4-6. Then ran off a 4 bagger before leaving a 10 pin, converted that and put together the next 3 before leaving another 10 pin in the fill for a 244

Game 2 started with another double and then noticed the lanes starting to transition, ball was picking up better on lane 2 now. Left a 6 count though 3-6-9-10, converted it and then left a 10 pin on next shot up. Back on lane 2 and made adjustment and went high again, 3-6-10. Yet another 10 pin, converted again. Turkeyed and then went slightly high leaving a 4, and struck in the fill for a hard worked 220.

Game 3 had some more transition going on with First Blood not finishing, 5-7 split to start, 2 pin, 10 pin, 2-4-5 and then decided to change balls to my Disturbed. Turkeyed before leaving a 2 pin, then punched out for another hard work 224.

244-220-224 = 688

Overall not bad and happy with my spare conversions aside from my 2 splits.

vdubtx
02-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Just a so-so night on Tuesday.

Game 1 struggled with 2 splits for a 201.

Game 2 started to string some together for a 222

Game 3 basically a repeat of game 2 for a 223.

201-222-223=646 Not much time to go into the frame by frame this week. :)

vdubtx
02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Better last night than earlier in the week.

Game 1 started out with front 6, had good reaction on left side, right side was hitting little light, but still getting good action on the pins. 7th frame left a 10 pin on right side, converted that and ran off the the next 3 before leaving another 10 pin in 11 and converting that for a nice 268.

Game 2 started wtih turkey and then went a bit high leaving a 4 pin, another turkey before leaving a 7, then punched out for 258.

Game 3 started with strike, then went real light leaving a 2-5(for some reason this leave always gives me trouble,mentally i am sure, missed it by picking out the 2 pin). Struck next time up before leaving an 8 pin and then a 2 pin. My ball reaction was dead from the 2nd frame on, switched balls to the Disturbed and doubled, then left 10 pin, converted again, then punched out to finish the game with a 216.

268-258-216=742

One thing when I reflect on the last game is if I would have gone with my gut from 2nd frame and changed ball due to bad reaction, I would have had a much better score. I stuck with it when I struck in 3rd frame, but should have as it was a bad shot on my part. I tugged it and the ball actually held the line with increase in speed. When I did change though, I saved the game. Will use this as a learning experience, to go with my gut when I see the ball reaction dying.

Mudpuppy
02-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Problem I have with ball changes is if you wait you figure out too late it was too late of a change but if you change and struggle you wonder if you should have stuck with the other ball longer and if you make the switch and do ok you still wonder was it the right time?

vdubtx
02-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Just another so-so night Tuesday, had horrible carry on some shots and others I knew exactly what I did wrong.

Game 1 had 6 strikes, 2 8 pins and a 10 pin along with a 3-6-9-10 and a 2-10 split for a 211
Game 2 had 9 strikes a 10 pin, 6-10(which I chopped the 6 pin) and a 9 pin for a 236
Game 3 had 5 strikes, a 6-10, bucket which I managed to leave the 5 pin standing, 9 pin, and 3 10 pins for a 191

211-236-191=638

vdubtx
02-28-2014, 12:16 AM
Continuing to put up some good numbers on my Thursday night league. Our team is currently in first place for the 2nd part of the season. Still early, but hoping our winning streak continues.

Game 1 had 9 strikes and 2 10 pin leaves for a nice 258
Game 2 had 9 strikes, a 9 pin leave, a 2-5, and a 2-8-10 split(my only open all night) for a 243.
Game 3 had 9 strikes, a 4 pin leave, a 2-7-8 split which I converted, and lastly a 9 pin in the fill for a 255.

258-243-255=756

I went through the nose 1 time all night leaving the 2-8-10 split. Other split was from hitting light, my First Blood started to not finish as strong as it had. Aside from those 2 bad shots, I was in the pocket the rest of the night. Happy with my accuracy tonight.

Thursday night through 66 games, average = 233.42
First ball average 9.45
Strike 66%
Single Pin spare conversion 90%, 10 pin conversion 87%
Interesting statistic, 10 pins are 34% of all of my leaves and 55% of my single pin leaves.

Multi pin - non split conversion 81%

Blacksox1
02-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Good set, and wow on the average! Is everything always bigger and better in Texas?

MICHAEL
02-28-2014, 01:41 AM
Great series !!! Lets hope we both wind up in first,,,, not long to go!! As of tonight 3 game lead! This team I am on with Jason, Chad, Larry, Joyce, and Ice, won last year big! This year some of the other teams drafted some good talent to knock us off, but guess what.... LIKE YOU, we are in first place! LOL Good luck Vdubtx!!

vdubtx
03-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Couldn't hardly find a strike tonight. Heck, had a hard time finding a flush pocket hit. Just one of those nights.

Was clean through 2 games though.

Game 1 did not strike until 7th frame, then 1 more time in fill of 10th for a 187. Highlight of the game was picking up 3-6-7-10.

Game 2 started to put a couple things together, made a ball change that seemed to work. 7 pin to start out, then turkey, 6-10, strike, 6-10, 3-6, double and 2 pin in 10th for a 225.

Game 3 started with strike and then went through the nose leaving a 4-6-7, 2-8, 2-4, 10, 2-4, 2, strike, 4-6, 3-6-10 and strike to finish with a lowly 170.

187-225-170 = 582
Only my 3rd series under 600 this entire season(25 weeks) through 2 leagues. 3 out of 50 total series!

Had some issues with my ball speed(all over the place) and just felt out of time tonight. I could feel myself pulling the ball while in my slide and my knee was feeling it last evening. Haven't felt knee pain in quite some time. Back to work.

vdubtx
03-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Back at it on the lanes tonight after having off a week.

Recently acquired a ball spinner in a trade with one of my team mates. Gave the First Blood an out of the box finish with a little bit extra polish on it for tonight. Our Tuesday house is lower volume so I figured a bit extra length might help a bit.

Game 1 started with a turkey and then went light leaving 2-4, then 10 pin, bit heavy after making a move leaving a 4, ran off next 5 before leaving 10 pin in fill for a nice 255.

Game 2 started going heavy after I dropped my speed with a 4-10. Doubled before leaving a 10 pin, turkey and then a 2 pin, punch out for 236.

Game 3 started with a bit heavy 4 pin, then a 9. Doubled before leaving 10 pin, and then dropped my speed leaving 4-6-7. GOt myself together and turkeyed before leaving a 4 pin in 10th frame, I proceeded to flag the 4 pin for a lowly 201.

Watched my 700 series walk away with the brain fart I just let out. I don't miss many single pin spares, convert at 94% including 10 pin. Hang my head in shame for such an easy miss.

255-236-201=692

The First Blood reacted nicely to the fresh surface I put on it. Will be dulling it down just a bit for Thursday night.

vdubtx
03-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Forgot to post up my Thursday scores last week.

Had a good look with practice shots and started with the first 5, then went light leaving a 7 and light again leaving a bucket. Cleaned up my shot a bit more and ran off the next 4 before leaving another 7 pin for a 264.

Next time up made a move right 1 board and paid for it leaving a 4-9, 10 pin, 4 pin, strike, 7 pin, 7 pin, 2-4-5, then punched out for a 213.

3rd game was more of the same, strike, 10 pin, doubled, 10 pin, 4-6, double, 10 pin, 10 pin, 10 pin in the fill for a 203.

264-213-203=680

Rough night, but we took 2 of 4 to remain in first place going into position round next week. Happy with my spare shooting though, converted 5 of 5 10 pins.

vdubtx
03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Bit of a tough time on the lanes last night. Just had no focus for some reason.

Game 1 started with a couple 10 pin leaves, then went light with a 2 pin, struck, another 10 pin which I missed(there was that lack of focus), doubled before leaving 4 pin, another 10 pin and then went real high leaving a 3-4-6-7-9-10 split!! Picked up 5 of the pins leaving only the 9 pin standing for a lack luster 177.

Game 2 made a good move which worked for awhile until the lanes broke down for 35 minutes. Started with the front 6 before going high leaving a 4 pin, lane broke down at this point and when we were back at it high again for a 6 pin, then punched out for a nice 268.

Game 3 as the lanes continued to transition I kept making moves, started with a stone 9 pin(that ball just kept driving), doubled, 4 pin, 7 pin, 3-6-10, struck, 2-4-8-10, 1-10 and finally got my head out of my rear and changed balls and punched out in 10th frame for another lack luster game of 191.

177-268-191 = 636.

Really need to learn to not be stubborn when I get bad ball reaction, I keep thinking it is me and not the ball. Sometimes it is me but have to trust sometimes it is not and just make the change.

vdubtx
03-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Another tough night and almost exactly mirrors my Tuesday night performance.

Game 1 190
Game 2 258
Game 3 188

Not much else to report other than my lack of focus continues. Don't think I was targeting all that well last night.

vdubtx
03-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Thinking back to last night, I was having trouble with my release. Thumb was hanging up on me and I kept messing with my tape. Tugged the ball about 4 times in the first game alone. Had to take a couple pieces out of each ball I used last night.

Even my spare ball I had trouble with, which oddly enough, I had to add a piece to it as I almost dropped it while attempting to pick up a 6-10, I picked out the 10 from it. :(

vdubtx
04-02-2014, 10:49 AM
My slump continues(I am officially calling it a slump). Had a good read on the lanes(I thought) and for the first game left lane was not hooking as much and right lane was fine. Started with my First Blood. Then switched to my Disturbed(which I had recently taken to a 1500 grit from it's out of box 2000) specifically on left side but switched completely to it after awhile. My thumb struggles continued for me, My spare ball actually gave me a problem on one errant 10 pin miss, hung up on thumb and missed way left. Will be getting all thumb holes opened up a bit to compensate for my swelling thumb with this humidity lately.

Game 1 started with a double and then went light leaving a bucket, another double, then a 9 pin, strike, tugged the ball and ball never made it to pocket leaving 1-2-4-10, 10 pin and a miss, then double and a 8 pin in the fill for a lowly 201.

Game 2 started exactly like game 1, double and a bucket, strike and another bucket(this was when I switched balls), 4 bagger, 7 pin, and a 4-10 in the fill for a 221. Better but still not feeling right.

Game 3 started with 4 pin, double, 4-7, 2 pin, 6 pin, with shots starting to go high decided to switch back to my First Blood. Double, 9 pin, double and 10 pin in the fill for a 224.

201-221-224 = 646

Feel like my timing is off as well, have been practicing each weekend on it, but need to get my confidence back and make sure my swing and release are back in form.

vdubtx
04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Well my struggles continue. At least I can say while I am struggling, I am consistent. My shot making felt good last night, but the way the lanes read was kind of weird. One ball would go very slightly heavy, the next wouldn't quite make the turn(over/under). Guy on other team was just tossing ball all over the place and had great carry. Maybe I will try that next week. LOL.

Game 1 215
Game 2 226
Game 3 192

vdubtx
04-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Sounding like a broken record, but my struggles continue.

Game 1 thought had a good look but had some lucky carry with a 234
Game 2 just trying to keep it clean and power through whatever issues I am having lately with a 192
Game 3 same as above, some lucky carry helped me start with the front 5 then fell apart with a pocket 7-10, then missing a 10 pin, 7 and 6 counts to end the game with 210.

234-192-210=636

Throughout my struggles lately, I am happy that I am staying in a consistent range of 630-640. to me it means I am close and just a few things are very slightly off right now. Just going to keep powering through until end of season and gear up for Nationals and get a lesson prior to shooting in Team event while in Reno.

vdubtx
04-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Little better tonight considering my focus and struggles lately.

Game 1 started with a double, went a little flat almost leaving an 8-10, luckily 10 tripped out but I flagged the 8 pin. Follwed that up with a 4 pin, a 10 pin and then punched out for a nice 246. Was hitting my intended target and all felt good.

Game 2 started with a 9 pin and noticed the lanes starting to transition, 3-6, 4 pin, 6-10 and I picked the 6 pin out of this one(bone head), strike, 7 pin, 4 pin, turkey and then a lovely 8-10 split in the fill frame to finish out with an even 200. Noticed myself losing focus and my ball not hitting intended target. Will be working on this more in practice this weekend.

Game 3 started with 3-6-9-10, then ran off the next 5, 4 pin, 3-6-10 and another boneheaded missed conversion picking the 3 out. 2-8, 10 pin and strike to finish out the game with a 223. Again some focus lost and on top the lanes continuing to transition.

246-200-223 = 669.
Still not back up to average but better than the prior couple weeks. Need to really work on my focus during my approach and not letting my eyes wander which is the problem with my ball not getting to my intended target. Some work to do in practice.

vdubtx
04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Still a struggle for me on the lanes. Felt good for the most part and think some carry just didn't go my way, but not taking that excuse as my woes on the lanes continue. When I was able to focus I was making my shots and hitting marks. My ball speed was a little up and down and that hurt me several times leaving a light hit or going heavy.

Game 1 started with the First Blood and it seemed like it read fine in practice, but would not make the turn once we got started, missed a 4 pin as it just did not turn. Switched to Disturbed and was better. 180.
Game 2 Continued with Disturbed and had some nice shots where ball speed was perfect, but then next time up focused too much on it and speed went up, then down...... 184
Game 3 started out really well. Doubled, then a 10 pin, turkey and then ball speed dropped going high, next time up got ball out a little too far and went high again. Ended with 210.

180-184-210 = 574 for my lowest score this entire season on 2 leagues, 56 total series.

Overall I think I am just all over the place, no consistency with ball speed. Could be something completely different, but until I get a coaching session I am just lost.

vdubtx
04-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Well, I am not ready to say the end of my slump is here, but it is certainly a start to it. Was able to maintain focus on my shots all night long with a couple tweaks that Rob Mautner helped me with and I have to say, the 2 things he mentioned to me in a pair of videos I posted I conciously kept in my mind and it worked. Felt good all night. Thank you Rob!

Game 1 started with the front 9, first ball up in 10th I tugged slightly leaving 6-10, convert that and strike for a nice 278.

Game 2 start with a turkey and then leave 7 pin, 2 pin, 10 pin which was almost a 7-10, strike, 10 pin, strike, 4 pin and strike for 217.

Game 3 started with front 5, then go high with a 4 pin, strike, 7 pin, 10 pin, and punch out for a 248.

278-217-248 = 743

30 clean frames and in the pocket all night long. 8 count in 10th frame of game one was lowest count all night long.
Our team took all 4 games and we are back into a tie for 1st place with just a few more weeks to go.

circlecity
04-18-2014, 07:58 AM
Good shooting! sounds like your back on track.

vdubtx
04-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Back on the lanes last night and was a bit of a struggle keeping up with the transition. All on our team struggled as well as the other team. I was actually high man last night with the struggles. On these lanes if you get the ball out too far too soon, you will not see the right side of the pocket, ball will pick up and make a quick left turn into the headpin or to brooklyn side.

Game 1 started First Blood with a washout left the 10 pin on the conversion. 10 pin, 4 pin, 2 pin, strike, 2-4-5, doubled, 6-10, double and -4-5 in fill for a 202.

Game 2 switched balls to the Disturbed and started to play a different line. Started with 2-4-5, ran off the next 6, 10 pin, 4-7, 9 pin, and a 4 pin in the fill. All clean this game 245.

Game 3 the transition was fast, 3-6-10 start, 3-6-10, 10 pin, strike, 10 pin, double, 7 pin, 10 pin, strike and 6 pin in the fill for a 192. Missed the 10 pin in 9th frame.

202-245-192=639

vdubtx
04-23-2014, 10:44 AM
I may look to pick up a drier lane condition ball for this house since our team of guys will be back bowling in same center next Fall. Perhaps a Roto-Grip Uproar or something in that range of ball.

vdubtx
04-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Another pretty good night of bowling.

Game 1 started with a strike and then 3 10 pin leaves(only converted 2), then ran off the next 6 before leaving yeat another 10 pin in 10th frame and picked it up for a 237.

Game 2 started with strike, then left a bucket on right side lane(ball just didn't finish), strike and then a light hit on right side lane again leaving the 2-10. Struck and adjusted from the last 2 time up on the right side and punched out for a 248.

Game 3 started with a double, then left a 4 pin, turkey, and a bit high for a 4-9, doubled and then left a 2-8 in 10th frame which I proceeded to pick off the 2 pin(lack of focus from already knowing we wouldn't win the game I guess) for a 211.

237-248-211=696

Had I converted the 2-8 in 10th, would have had another 700 series. Oh well, always next time, happy to have bowled my average 2 weeks in a row. :cool:

Was bowling against a younger guy whom I have bowled against in league for several years. He really reminds me of myself 6-7 years ago. He would get mad and down on himself for just about all shots he was making. This guy was just all over the place, he is a high rev player that just doesn't understand the lanes. He will play outside of 10 and wonder why his ball won't stay on the right side of the pocket and then change balls and hit up 13-15 and strike and won't really accept that he made a good shot and change. Knowing this guy for awhile, I talked with him after that his line that he threw when he had a good shot was all inside. He just is not there yet to repeat the shots time after time. I told him with his ball selection and line that the lanes will tell you how to play it. If it hooks too much, move left and find more oil and stay out of the out of bounds area. If you hit that dry part of the lane too soon, your ball is not going to hit pocket. The balls these days like the oil and to give them a chance to do what they were designed to do.

vdubtx
04-29-2014, 11:36 PM
A couple posts back I mentioned the possibility of getting a drier condition ball to use for Tuesday nights. Still having not made a decision, I took my Columbia U-Turn(Old Faithful) and took it from it's out of box 500 grit polished finish to a 1000 grit polished finish to see what it would do. Happy to report that I think I can get a little bit more life out of it experimenting with higher grit surfaces.

Game 1 I start with a 9 pin, strike, 10 pin, turkey and another 9 pin, turkey and drop my speed a bit sending my ball high for a 3-6-10 for and 236

Game 2 start with a double, then leave a pair of 10 pins, make a move on each lane and run off the next 5 before leaving another 10 pin and then strike in the fill for a nice 247.

Game 3 drop speed again and send it high leaving 6-9-10, strike, 10 pin, 6 bagger, 2 pin and strike to finish my night out with a 249.

236-247-249 = 732 and 30 clean frames!!! Felt really good all night and was hitting my mark consistently. I think the time spent on the USBC Double/Singles pattern on Saturday really helped tune up my targeting as I know I have to be accurate on the Sport patterns.

vdubtx
05-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Another good night of bowling. Lanes were playing a bit tight tonight, not much out room.

Game 1 I started with the Disturbed and began with a 10 pin, turkey, 7 pin, 4 bagger, light with a 2-4-5 and then strike for a 246.

Game 2 started again with 10 pin, strike, 4 pin, 10 pin, strike, 10 pin(seeing the trend?), strike, 10 pin, 10 pin, changed balls to First Blood as none of the adjustments I made made a difference to the 10 pins. First ball up with First Blood and go light leaving 2-8, cover that and go through the nose for a 4-6 in the fill and a hard fought 194. The 2 8 counts in the 10th frame actually cost us winning the game. Luckily the opposing anchor, who needed to convert the 6-10, picked off the 6 and we ended up tying the game LOL.

Game 3 stayed with First Blood and a strike, 4 pin, 7 pin, ran off the next 7 before going heavy and leaving the 3-6-7-10, pick off the 3 on right side for a nice 254.

246-194-254=694

2nd straight set of 30 clean frames(with an *) as I struck to start the 10 but then had a split. Not sure if that is technically a clean frame or not?? Really happy with my 10 pin spares lately. When I miss one it is from lack of focus on my shot. Have been working on that in my practices.

As a team we are back in first place by .5 games. We bowl the team we have been going back and forth with for the lead next week. Position round will be the week after that. OUr team on Thursday has never been in this position before, we are usually middle of the pack. :cool:

vdubtx
05-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Last night was a little bit of a struggle. 10 guys playing essentially the same line, and when an adjustment would be made it seemed like everyone made the same adjustment, LOL.

Game 1 curiosity got the best of me so I usedmy Hyper Cell. I already knew it wouldn't be able to be used for too long on the lighter volume at this house. Started the game with the front 5, this ball was so smooth and had such a nice reaction when it was in some oil. I think this one is gonna be a good one. 6th frame noticed it was jumping a bit too much leaving a 10 pin, decided to stick with it and then struck going heavy tripping the 4 pin. 9 pin, this ball was driving hard. Pocket 7-10 split, strike and 4 pin which I flagged in the fill for a 225.

Game 2 switched balls to my Columbia U-Turn and started out with a strike, 10 pin, double, 4 pin, then went sheet for a nice 259. Every frame was moving half board left with my feet to stay ahead of transition. Couple lucky shots tripping a 4 and also tripping a 4-9.

Game 3 the wheels fell off started with strike, 6-10, 10 pin which I missed, 3-4-6-7-10 YIKES!. Strike, 2 pin, 10 pin, strike, 3 pin, tried one last ball change just for the heck of it and moved about 5 boards left and almost wash out leaving the 1-10 in 10th frame for a lowly 161.

225-259-161 for a 645. All in all not a bad night, others around me were struggling. Guy on opposing team started with a 280 and 273 before getting caught in the rough last game and ended with a 763 series. Glad to have been able to try my new Hyper Cell. Even more excited to give it a try on Thursday night. :cool:

vdubtx
05-09-2014, 09:31 AM
We were bowling the #2 team in the league, we were # 1 by 1/2 point. 3rd place was only behind by 1 game total. Lots could happen in this week. We just happened with the schedule to be bowling against the #2 team. Next week is the official Position Round which will determine 1st. We ended up only taking 1 game, the 1st by only 17 pins.

Used my new ball the Roto-Grip Hyper Cell the entire night. The house I bowl in Thursdays has a better volume of oil that is conducive to my game.

Game 1 started with the front 8. 9th frame shot was good but was a bit inside the line I had been throwing thus shot straightened out and left 10 pin and converted. Next time up went a bit wide leaving a 2 pin, then went high and left 3-4-6-7-10 in the fill for a nice 263.

Game 2 started with the front 5 before again going light leaving a 2 pin, then high leaving 4 pin, light with a 2-4-8, doubled before leaving another 10 pin and converting it in the fill for a 244.

Game 3 started with strike, 9 pin, 1-2-8-10 and my first open of the night. Strike then a major brain fart on spare conversions as I left 2 10 pins in a row and dumped ball in the channel on both attempts about 1 ft from the 10 pin. Just a general lack of focus on my spare conversion. Regrouped after only have 82 in 6th frame and punched out the last 6 to end with a 202.

263-244-202=709

The Hyper Cell reacted very nicely and hit like a truck. I am gonna like this ball. Excited more than ever to take it to Reno.

Will get some practice tomorrow on the USBC Open Nationals patterns at the USBC ITRC. We have 2 hours of team practice, 1 hour on the Team pattern and 1 hour on the Doubles/Singles pattern. Will really get to see how it reacts in heavier oil.

MICHAEL
05-09-2014, 11:08 AM
VERY NICE BUD!!! My son chose the Hyper Cell also for his 3rd ball,,, ( new to bowling) fist year. He now has a plastic ball, Light OUT, and the Hyper Cell. He has had some great series,,,but no 700's yet!

GREAT SCORES,,, I might need to give one a try!! I don't really have a solid ball that I use. Even the deadly aim is polished..... hummmm
Does Iceman have a Deadly Cell in his future!! (:)

mike_thomas93
05-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Which plastic ball does your son have, Iceman? Is the brain ball? ;p

vdubtx
05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Went to the ITRC today to get some more practice with some team members on the USBC Open patterns. We bowl on May 28th for Team event and 29th for Doubles/Singles.

We started out the day with 1 hour on a pair of lanes with the double/single pattern. Used the Hyper Cell to start but this ball with the little bit shorter pattern was so strong I couldn't use it more than 1 game. Made the switch and went with my Disturbed after 1.5 games and shot pretty well. Shot a 590, 179-179-232.

Most exciting was the Team event pattern which I hadn't bowled on yet. The Hyper Cell on this day was the perfect ball for this 43 foot pattern. I had a good look on the lanes for 3 games that we shot as long as I hit my mark and kept my speed consistent. Shot a 701, 231-202-268!!
2nd game the ball started to go high so I started making moves a board at a time and then finally moved 3 boards and was able to string quite a few along in the last game. Longest string of strikes was from the end of game 1 to 2nd game I had 8 in a row.

The key as many people will say for Nationals is to try and stay clean. I did leave 4 splits on the Doubles/Singles pattern and I think only 2 on Team.

Oh, also had a Mike Fagan sighting at the ITRC, also Shannon O'Keefe was there. Mike Fagan was there watching his wife bowl. Was going to approach him, but he was helping her with her game.

vdubtx
05-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Solid night of bowling to start and end, the middle was a struggle.

Game 1 started with 4 bagger, then went high leaving 6-10, double before leaving a pocket 7-10. Punch out for a 244.

Game 2 the lanes started to transition a bit, started making a 1-1 move left a 4 pin, 3-6-10, strike, 10 pin, strike, 3 pin, strike, 3-6-10, double and a 10 pin in the fill for a 205.

Game 3 started with the front 7 before leaving a 10 pin. Struck in 9th and then went through the nose in 10th frame leaving 4-6- and a 247.

244-205-247=696

Yet again I shoot myself in the foot, robbing myself of a 700 series. Used the First Blood all night long making 1 board moves every other frame it felt like. Ended up throwing 18 at the arrows. Decided to save the Hyper Cell for duty on Thursday. :cool:

vdubtx
05-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Last night was somewhat of a let down. Position round and we were behind by 1.5 games of first place. Beating myself up for what I did, scores below.

Game 1 started with the Hyper Cell and the front 6, left a ringing 10 pin in 7th frame that I completely missed. May aswell have been shooting at the 2 pin I missed so badly. Turkey and then 9 pin to finish out with a 256, was feeling good and ball was reading the lanes nicely. We won the game by 150 pins! Whole team showed up and we bowled a 747 scratch. That is good for us with my 231 average, 2 140 average bowlers and a 115 average bowler.

Game 2 struck, then I let the ball squirt out leaving almost a washout, 1-4-6-10 picking off the 1-4 in the spare attempt. Next time up didn't learn my lesson and let it squirt out again, 1-2-10 and picked it up. Struck, light hit 2-8, 10 pin, strike, 8 pin, doubled and then left a 9 pin in 10th frame. This is where I royally CHOKED!! At this point the other team was down by 9 pins with one more throw to go. I needed to pick up the 9 pin to force other bowler to strike to tie the game. For some reason I just did not focus on my spare attempt and the ball went wide of the 9 pin. Opposing bowler stepped up and struck to win the game by 1 pin. Seriously banging my head on the table and beating myself up about missing the easy spare to give my team the chance at a tie and winning the second half of the season.

Game 3 was more of the same, started with a strike, went light leaving a 2-4-8-10 split which I actually converted. Struck then left a 4-6-9. 10 pin, Changed ball to the Disturbed and first ball left 2-8, doubled then left a 7 pin before punching out to salvage the game with a 205. By the 8th frame of the game we already knew we had no chance, team mates already had their minds in the bar I guess.

256-193-205=654

Big let down(of my own) to end the season, but I am happy with how we did in total. We had never been this close to the race at the end. We are typically middle of the pack. We won more games the entire year than we ever have. My average was the highest I have ever achieved and was one of my long term goals. Another of my goals was to not have any series under 600 for this year. I also achieved that with this league, lowest series was a 625, high of 762. 14 700 series in the 31 weeks we bowled, high game of 289.

Some stats:

First ball average 9.43
Strike % 65
Single Pin spare % 90
Total leaves 335. Most left pin was the 10 with 107 which I picked up 86% of the time. Need to work on not leaving this pin so much.
Of the total 335 a total of 49 were splits. Most left the 8-10 with 5, followed by the 4-9,4-6,7-10 each with 4. 11 others with 2 each.

Non split multi-pin leaves were converted at rate of 80%. Looks like I need some work here as well. 2-8 the most left followed by 6-10, 3-6-10, 3-6 and 2-4-5 round out the top 5 left. These 5 leaves comprise 63% of my total multi-pin leaves.

MICHAEL
05-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Good for the team, and you achieving many of your goals!! Low game of 625, not shabby bud!!! thanks for the interesting read! Want to bowl with Jason, and Iceman next fall.... LOL..... would be a pretty damn good team. Jason ended up with a 231 average,,, on our Thursday league.

bowing is a funny game, when every thing it just right, for a CERTAIN individual, GREAT games, and SEREIS happen! No completely sure why that is, but it happened to me this last year. 300, 216 pocket hits that game but poor carry, then 264 for a 780. Funny thing when you look at the Top gun's on that team, they had off days?? Not good at all? So was it the alley, or just something in ME that particular day, on those lanes, with that oil??? Don't know.... I just remember James having a 191 last game THAT DAY and he had a below average series.... (James has a 225 average on that league, but a low 500 series that day)

Bowling can be one huge enigma, ask MIke White! Even with all his knowledge, and know how, it can just be one hell of a puzzle on a given day.

Maybe that's what makes it so much fun, NEVER KNOWING what going to happen on a given league night!

GOOD BOLWING BUD!

vdubtx
05-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks ICEMAN! Would be a pleasure to bowl with you and Jason!

You will be happy to know that I found a Sport Shot league for the summer. Couple of my team mates are going to bowl with me. Tuesday nights at a new to us center. Very excited to see what I can do on those oil patterns again. Bowled a sport shot league one summer about 5 years ago and I seem to remember I was in the 185-190 range for average. Just don't know for sure.

Mike White
05-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Good for the team, and you achieving many of your goals!! Low game of 625, not shabby bud!!! thanks for the interesting read! Want to bowl with Jason, and Iceman next fall.... LOL..... would be a pretty damn good team. Jason ended up with a 231 average,,, on our Thursday league.

bowing is a funny game, when every thing it just right, for a CERTAIN individual, GREAT games, and SEREIS happen! No completely sure why that is, but it happened to me this last year. 300, 216 pocket hits that game but poor carry, then 264 for a 780. Funny thing when you look at the Top gun's on that team, they had off days?? Not good at all? So was it the alley, or just something in ME that particular day, on those lanes, with that oil??? Don't know.... I just remember James having a 191 last game THAT DAY and he had a below average series.... (James has a 225 average on that league, but a low 500 series that day)

Bowling can be one huge enigma, ask MIke White! Even with all his knowledge, and know how, it can just be one hell of a puzzle on a given day.

Maybe that's what makes it so much fun, NEVER KNOWING what going to happen on a given league night!

GOOD BOLWING BUD!

Sometimes they expect you to make a 3 foot putt, on this.

Blacksox1
05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Very good season vdubtx. I liked the stat of 625 series, as the low for 31 weeks bowled. The stat of 14 700s was awesome too. The summer sport league, I think you will go 200+ if you use the Hyper Cell. That ball is a true monster on heavy and/or long oil. Also looking forward to your updates from Reno.

vdubtx
05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Don't usually report about practice sessions, but today was just a particularly good one. I don't usually even look at scores when I am practicing but was in a zone today.

First game warm up
Game 2 used Hyper Cell
Game 3 Used Disturbed
Game 4 used First Blood

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/Practice5-18-14_zps130da74c.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/Practice5-18-14_zps130da74c.jpg.html)

Mudpuppy
05-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Nice work V

Hampe
05-21-2014, 09:55 AM
Hehe....Vdub takes the "Practice World Champion" belt :D

Nice shooting!

mc_runner
05-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Very nice!

vdubtx
06-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Joined a sport shot league for the summer. 13 weeks and will shoot on 3 patterns total, 4 weeks each. Last night we started and shot on the Kegel Boardwalk pattern. I am going into this with an open mind and not expecting much but to learn about ball movement on the patterns and learn as much as I can about transition on the lanes. Not all that concerned with my scores yet, setting an average this first week.

Being the first week, nobody was shooting lights out, except PBA Tour pro Dino Castillo who was bowling against us. He is a really nice guy and I learned a ton from him already. Luckily the league is smaller and will get to pick his brain a bit while bowling. Dino shot a 718 against us and was playing literally the 1 board at the break point. I tried playing that line just for kicks in 2nd game and my ball did not come back to the head pin leaving a washout. Did not drop one in the gutter either :cool:

Game 1 I had a good look with my IQ Tour Fusion, I knew with the pattern playing like Cheetah at 35 feet, I would need to get the ball out on the lane to about 5 board or less. Worked great first game. Game 2 I watched the lanes transition and stuck with my IQ for the game as well, did not strike until 9th frame and left a few splits and struggled a bit. Decided the IQ was a bit too angular for the lane as it broke down and Dino suggested I use my Disturbed to end game 2. Threw it and it did not hook as much as I thought it would on the short pattern. Used Disturbed rest of game and had great success with it. Dino mentioned that being a heavier oil ball it would use it's energy early and the hook at the back end would be more controllable. He was exactly right. Missed right with it the first couple shots and then had room to adjust and move. Threw a 6 bagger in the last game with it.

Set a 188 average, which I will certainly improve on the next 4 weeks. Most bowlers were in the 450-540 range with their series. I think I was 3rd high, aside from Dino and another bowler on his team with a 580. We ended up splitting games with them for the night which in my book is a win. :D

vdubtx
06-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Had a great practice session and got some good video to add to my "archives" of each of my main bowling balls. Was first chance since Nationals to get any kind of practice in. As I had just gotten my Uproar the weekend prior to heading to Reno, I did not have much chance to learn how it rolls for me aside from knowing I did not like the out of box surface at 1500 polished. Took it up to 3000.

Started first game with Uproar and saw it cross over head pin several times and others, just a violent move to the pocket.

Game 1 of practice:

http://youtu.be/Hdmjc-F0A9Y

Next game started to work on some foot work. I have been getting into my stance with my right foot leading. Had a note from a comment awhile back about my footwork on one of the forums, so I gave it a try being summer and all. I think the result was having my shoulders more squared to the pins and also I think gave me a slightly slower pace to the line which is a good thing. When I first tried it, I was trying to line up using my left foot and just caused too much confusion as I normally line up with the right. Went back to line up with my right and placing left foot in front of it slightly. Got comfortable with that in a game.

Another ball I am still trying to figure out it's place in my arsenal is the IQ Fusion. Threw a game with it and while it rolls nicely, it also makes a somewhat violent move when it encounters the friction on the lane. Still some work to fine tune this ball.

Notice my footwork from Uproar video to this one. Left foot in front of right and slower steps. Also got a "sanctioned brooklyn double" in there. Ha Ha!!

http://youtu.be/MHjvFQgcRZM

Took more videos, but they didn't upload correctly to Youtube. Had games with Hyper Cell, Disturbed and First Blood.

Battery ran out on camera, but the last game of every practice I shoot at just the 10 pin. The center I typically practice can set up any pin combination you want. I went 12 for 12 shooting at it that game. :cool:

Think my practice was a good primer before my lesson with Susie Minshew next Sunday. Really excited and looking forward to working with her and see what changes she has for me in my game. Hoping to pick her brain a little bit about the mental side of the game and also about some drills to work on consistency of shots.

Aslan
06-09-2014, 12:47 PM
What's interesting is...it seems like you're doing 2 things that are counter to what most are taught nowadays:

1) You seem to almost "run" to the foul line.

2) The standard "consensus" is you want to be square to the foul line with your belt buckle facing the target. Yet you (and I see many others, some high level) seem to post your shot almost facing 45 degrees right of the target. Like, your belt buckle is facing the lane to the right of you. Thats interesting.

And man...6 bowling balls!? You practice with about half the amount I have in my storage/reserve (closet)!!

vdubtx
06-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Have almost always had "fast feet". Am actually slower than I used to be. I don't always practice with 6, usually just 4.

vdubtx
06-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Already posted in separate thread, but to keep my scores in one posting here again.

Had a great night bowling. Since I am not bowling as a regular member I subbed for one of my team mates from my fall league.

First ball of night was only one not in pocket, was a 7 count 1-2-4. Everything else was strike and 9 counts, 4 ten pins and 1 seven pin.

Had my coach in the back of my head all night telling me to stay slow, post my shot and stay balanced. It worked phenomenally.

Used the HyperCell all night long and never had to move but a half board when I left the 7 and 10 pin in 2nd game. Then moved back to original board in game 3.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/C6FEFE99-0127-485A-8BFD-F875FAE3A1D9_zps1y21du5a.jpg

Aslan
06-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Someday I hope to be vdub...

...except not living in Texas...that would suck.

circlecity
07-21-2014, 06:03 PM
How is your sport bowling coming along? I have not seen any scores posted.

vdubtx
07-22-2014, 10:50 AM
How is your sport bowling coming along? I have not seen any scores posted.

I would say, interesting. The "Sport" shot was supposed to be same pattern for 4 weeks and then move to another. Each and every week the pattern has played very differently. I will chalk this up to the center(AMF) not being able to know their a$$ from a hand basket. First and last time I join a league at an AMF center. Not the type of challenge I was wanting for the summer.

Scoring has still been ok, but, nothing note worthy as I went into it as practice for the summer any way.

circlecity
07-22-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm only averaging 171 on the sport shot but they change the pattern every 3rd week. I would average higher if it was just the same pattern over and over again like THS. 2 things it has helped me with is playing the gutter and more practice at shooting directly at spares. Double wood spares are very hard on sport shots.

vdubtx
07-22-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm only averaging 171 on the sport shot but they change the pattern every 3rd week. I would average higher if it was just the same pattern over and over again like THS. 2 things it has helped me with is playing the gutter and more practice at shooting directly at spares. Double wood spares are very hard on sport shots.

Tonight for our position round, they actually got the lanes right. Last of the 4 weeks on Kegel Autobahn pattern and the only week it played the way it is supposed to. Next week on to the Route 66 pattern for 4 weeks to finish up the league.

JohnnyG
07-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Game 1 had 6 strikes, 2 8 pins and a 10 pin along with a 3-6-9-10 and a 2-10 split for a 211
Game 2 had 9 strikes a 10 pin, 6-10(which I chopped the 6 pin) and a 9 pin for a 238
Game 3 had 5 strikes, a 6-10, bucket which I managed to leave the 5 pin standing, 9 pin, and 3 10 pins for a 191

211-238-191=638

vdubtx
07-23-2014, 10:12 AM
For the sport shot last night I decided to just give my Uproar a try and it seemed to work really well. Skidded enough through the heads and then revved up. As long as I hit my mark which was about 9-10 30 feet down lane, I was pocket. Couple time I tugged it and went up about 13-14 and it held going much straighter, because of the tug it gave it some more speed as well to help it not over react.

vdubtx
08-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Had my best night so far on the Sport league. Knee feeling way better from when I hurt it a few weeks ago. Shot 185-190-268 for 643. Overall average is 184.

MICHAEL
08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Had my best night so far on the Sport league. Knee feeling way better from when I hurt it a few weeks ago. Shot 185-190-268 for 643. Overall average is 184.

Nice shooting on sports! Don't push that knee!! I can't wait to bowl a sports pattern! I am sure It will be a humbling experience, but a learning on!
TAKE CARE OF THAT KNEE!!!!

vdubtx
08-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Nice shooting on sports! Don't push that knee!! I can't wait to bowl a sports pattern! I am sure It will be a humbling experience, but a learning on!
TAKE CARE OF THAT KNEE!!!!

Thanks ICEMAN. Yes, been taking it very easy on it.

Sport shots can definitely be humbling. Several weeks there I had some very poor series. Think lowest was a 450 something or other. In the end though, I think I am more accurate as you have to be on the Sport Shots. 1-2 boards outside or inside and you are either not making it back to the pocket, or going through the nose. Very fine line.

Amyers
08-13-2014, 12:10 PM

Congrats Vdubtx that's some great bowling especially on that 268. What pattern were you bowling on

vdubtx
08-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Congrats Vdubtx that's some great bowling especially on that 268. What pattern were you bowling on

We were on Route 66. The league wasn't a PBA Experience league, wish it was though.

tccstudent
08-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Out of all the patterns we play in our PBA league the only one that kills me is cheetah

vdubtx
08-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Out of all the patterns we play in our PBA league the only one that kills me is cheetah

Yeah playing a 35 ft pattern is tough. Have to get it way out down lane.

tccstudent
08-13-2014, 02:29 PM
My avg dropped about 7pins on the three weeks on that pattern when we started that pattern I was at 184 and when we finished at a 177 then after the TOC this week I finished with a 181 a lot better then the 168 from last year

vdubtx
09-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Update from my past week of leagues starting up.

My goals were as follows:

1. Maintain my 225 composite average
2. Shoot another 300
3. Shoot another 800
4. Shoot at least 1900 at Nationals
5. Increase my single pin spare conversion to 95%
6. Not shoot under 600 in both leagues.

My Tuesday league started up on September 2, so I am 2 weeks in now and have already messed up one of my goals for the season.

Last week I shot 572, last night only a 584. Just not feeling comfortable on the lanes lately. Out of practice, hadn't been able to get out at all in the months of July or August. Only bowling I did was the sport shot league. Was good making spares aside from a few splits, but just keeping consistent line for my ball has been my issue. Yep, time to make time to get some practice in and work on my targeting.

I know it will all come back to me, just have to power through the mini "slump" and get back to work. :D :cool:

Thursday night league starts up tomorrow. This is my fun league.

vdubtx
09-12-2014, 09:18 AM
OK start to the season on Thursday nights.

First game I was in the pocket every frame, but, had 4 10 pins to show for it missing one of them. Made adjustments each time as 3 were on same lane. Made ball change in 10th frame to see what that did and worked great, ended game with 205. One of my lowest games being in the pocket each time. Started with Hyper Cell, ended with IQ Fusion.

Game 2 started with turkey, 10 pin, 9 pin, another turkey before leaving another 10. Doubled and left 6 pin to finish out with a 246.

Game 3 started with a stone cold 8, strike, yet another 10 pin, went heavy for the first time tonight leaving a 6-7-10. 4 bagger, 2 pin, then tugged to start the 10th frame leaving a 1-3 then struck in the fill for a 213.

Hard fought 664 series. Darn 10 pin, left it 7 times for the night picking up 6 of them. One of my goals for this season on that pin is to pick it up 95% of the time.

circlecity
09-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Good shooting. Funny thing about bowling, if you hit the pocket every time you better know how to pick up corner pins to keep your good game going.

vdubtx
09-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Quick recap of my Tuesday night league:

First ball of the night, went high leaving 4-6-7. 4 Bagger, before leaving a 7 pin, double and crossed over head pin leaving 3-6-10, 9 pin and struck to end game with 224
Game 2 started going heavy leaving a 6 pin, double, 6 pin again, struck, 9 pin, 4-7, turkey and another 6 pin in the fill to finish with 226
Game 3 started off pretty good leaving a 4 pin, strike, 10 pin, double, 6-10, 4-6-7, 10 pin, 6 pin, bucket, 6-10 for a 187. Lanes were so crispy last game, I was actually high on team.

224-226-187 = 637

Spare shooting aside from 2 splits was perfect.

vdubtx
09-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Good night for me tonight. Had a nice read on the lanes with my Hyper Cell and barely had to move a half board on each lane.

Game 1 started with a ringing 10 pin, double followed by a pair of 10 pins, converted each of them. Doubled, and went through the nose leaving a 4-6. Turkey then another 10 pin in the fill for a 223.

Game 2 again started with a 10 pin followed by turkey and yet another 10 pin. Then ran off the next 7 to finish out with a 269.

Game 3 started with a double and then yep, you guessed it, another 10 pin. Ran off the next 5 before almost leaving a pocket 7-10 and luckily the 10 was kicked out. 4 pin to start the 10th and then struck to finish out with a 247.

223-269-247 = 739

All in all a very good night. Was in pocket each ball before I missed my mark 1 time leaving that 4-6 and was in pocket every ball afterwards.

Very happy my spares and in particular the 10 pin(6 for 6) were perfect tonight.

Blacksox1
09-19-2014, 07:14 PM
223-269-247 = 739 good shooting vdubtx. my hypercell is mostly collecting dust.

vdubtx
09-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Had a good night tonight.

Game 1 started with my First Blood and had four bagger to start before going a bit heavy and leaving 4 pin, dropped my speed and left 4-6 next time up. Punched out with next 6 for a nice 256. 2nd ball of 10th my ring finger insert came out of my ball, happened 2 weeks ago as well with my middle finger insert. Ended up finishing with my Disturbed.

Game 2 stayed with Disturbed and started with turkey, then left a 4 pin. 4 bagger then another 4 pin, strike, 10 pin for a 248.

Game 3 again stayed with Disturbed and again with a turkey to start. Went way heavy luckily only leaving 3-6-10. 4 bagger then a 10 pin, doubled in 10th before leaving a 6-7 in the fill for a nice 254.

256-248-254 = 758

Lanes played really tight tonight. Had to really project the ball down lane. My target with my eyes was literally 45-50 feet down lane. Any closer and was going high through head pin. Did some reading on how to handle lanes with high friction and it helped tonight. Chose the right balls for the conditions and they reacted nicely for me.

Spares were perfect tonight and only one split left.

Amyers
09-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Good bowling nice to see a little adversity with the First Blood didn't slow you down.

vdubtx
09-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Good bowling nice to see a little adversity with the First Blood didn't slow you down.

Thanks. This particular house has been my low averaging house. Hoping I figured something out finally and can maintain some sort of respectable average there this season. Just have to keep myself targeting down lane further than I am used to, to keep out of some of that early friction.

vdubtx
09-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Forgot to update from my Thursday league:

In practice I struggled a bit, has been a busy week and moved into a new place after selling our house. Very sore from moving stuff the night prior.

Game 1 using Hyper Cell first ball left a 10 pin which I whiffed, great start to the night. Next time up tugged the ball pretty severly and was lucky to only leave a 3 pin. 4 bagger, pair of 2 pins, 10 pin, 10 pin, and another 10 pin in the fill for a whopping 214. :rolleyes:

Game 2 started with yet another 10 pin after adjusting from the 10th frame. struck, then left a pair of splits(3-9-10, and 6-7), went ahead and stuck with my ball as the ball wasn't the problem, it was me. Got myself together and started to make some good shots, left a 2 pin, doubled, then went through the nose leaving a 3-4-6-7 split. Not very often do I have 3 splits in one game. Made a ball change in 10th frame to my Disturbed, first ball pocket 7 pin, then a 10 pin. Had something to work with now. but the game was a bust at 168.

Game 3 with the Disturbed started with 4 bagger, then a 10 pin, another 4 bagger before leaving a 2 pin and finally striking to finish out with a 258.

214-168-258 = 640
I was just all over the place with my targeting. Finally got myself together and put up a good game to end the night.

Amyers
09-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Don't you just love it when your pissed off at yourself for playing poorly and throw (214 for you) more like 180 for me and then turn around and throw a real stinker. I don't know sometimes I think you just have to get it out of the system.

vdubtx
09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Yep, love when I am pissed at myself and then can't do anything right. It;s right up there with getting a root canal. :D

Have been getting better at not getting upset and keeping my positivity on top of the frustrations encountered while bowling. Read a book given to my by Susie Minshew and it deals with the inner thought process.

Getting ready for the Greater Tulsa Open Tournament in a few weeks. :cool:

Amyers
09-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Well good luck in Tulsa. Nothing good ever comes from a negative state of mind as my spare shooting will attest

vdubtx
10-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Another night in our high friction, low oil house:

Game 1 started with my Disturbed, had a good look with it last week and continued where I left off. Targeting further down lane and keeping my speed up a bit. Turkey to start before leaving a 4 pin, doubled, then 10 pin, 4 pin, strike, 10 pin and another 10 in the fill for a 226. All spares converted.

Game 2 made a slight move due to the 10 pins in 10th frame game prior and doubled, smash 9 - another adjustment, turkey, 4 pin, strike, 10 pin, strike and dropped my speed for first time of the night leaving 4-6-7 and a 227.

Game 3 made another adjustment leaving a 6 pin to start, 10 pin, strike, smash 9, 6-10 (Yep lanes were surely breaking down), picked up speed again and changed hand position and rang off the next 4, 4 pin to start 10th frame and then left 3-6-10 to finish off the night with a 223.

226-227-223 = 676

Overall happy with the night, converted my single pin spares perfectly and had just 1 open from the split in 10th frame 2nd game.

So far for the season in 2 leagues, single pin spares are at 94% conversion, 10 pin is at 89%. First ball average 9.36, strike percentage 57%. Average 219.58 for 24 games.

vdubtx
10-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Not a particularly bad night, but still felt frustrated by my spare shooting last night. Did not feel my targeting was as good as it has been and had a couple balls squirt out on me leaving some light hits.

Game 1 starting with Hyper Cell and a double, smash 9, little high leaving a 4 pin, turkey, another 4, strike, 2 pin, and strike in the fill for a 227.

Game 2 switched over to Distrubed as Hyper Cell was not giving reaction I wanted. Started out missing left and went through the nose 4-9 split, went a bit light after getting ball outside where I wanted 2-4-5 picking out 2-4 on conversion Ugh!, 6-10 now felt ball was hanging up on me a bit. Took piece of white tape out, then doubled, 10 pin, 5 pin which was actually a 6 pin that moved over, was a great shot just one of those things that happen and just have to laugh at it. 10 pin which I flagged, then ended up with the last 4 to eek out a 193 game.

Game 3 started with front 5 before getting the ball outside of where I wanted and left a bucket(2-4-5-8) and proceeded to pick out the 2-4-8 from it leaving the 5 grinning back at me again. Gathered myself and then punched out for a 264 game. One freaking lapse of concentration cost me big time that game, all other shots were perfect pocket hits.

227-193-264 = 684

Multi pin spare shooting was horrible for me. The 2 that included the 5 pin caused me trouble for some reason. Just not lining myself up correctly I guess.

vdubtx
10-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Yet another high friction night.

Game 1 started with Disturbed, this ball seems to work pretty well for me the last couple weeks as I have been targeting way down lane. Started with strike, 2 pin, double, 7 pin, ran off a 6 bagger before leaving a 4 pin for a nice 258

Game 2 I could tell the left lane was starting to hook more and I adjusted slightly, first ball of the game I sent the ball out to the dry too soon and paid for it with a 4-6-7, 10 pin, strike, another 4-6-7, 4 bagger, really heavy and lucky only leaving 3-6-10, strike, 10 pin for a 204.

Game 3 left lane was really giving everyone trouble, started with strike, heavy with 4-6, 10 pin, smash 9 pin, strike, 3-6, 2-7, 4-6-7, 10 pin, double and 10 pin to finish out with a lackluster 171. 3 splits for the game.

258-204-171 = 633

vdubtx
10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Thursday Fun league bowling against one of my team mates from my Tuesday league so I knew we would be competitive and have a good time. :)

Game 1 with Hyper Cell nice pocket shot, all feeling good with a strike. Pocket shot, but left a 7 pin. Ran off the next 7 before starting the 10th frame with a 10 pin, followed by a 4 pin in the fill for a nice 258. Against buddy's 233. :cool:

Game 2 stuck with Hyper Cell and started with a turkey, 4 pin, turkey, dropped my speed for the 1 time all night leaving a 3-4-7-10 and almost picking it up leaving only the 7 standing on the try. 2 pin, and strike out for a 233. Buddy had 224 :cool:

Game 3 started with a strike, then a pair of 10 pins, strike, another 10 pin, strike, smash 9, 10 pin, 10 pin, strike and one last 10 pin for good measure(count em 6 10 pins) and a 197. Buddy had 172 :cool:

258-233-197 = 688

I adjusted slightly each time I left one and just could not get it to fall. Probably needed a ball change, but was in the pocket so nicely each frame I was hesitant to change it out. Good thing though, I was 100% on all spares aside from 1 split. 7 10 pins converted for the night.

Feeling really good about tournament in Tulsa this weekend. Have been bowling well and my work on targeting has improved. My work in my Tuesday league in a higher friction house has helped with this for sure. Think I may have finally figured that house out and will hopefully continue my improved shooting there.

vdubtx
10-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Not great start to the Greater Tulsa Open tournament this year. First 4 frames, missed 2 10 pins. Buckled down but had horrible carry. Used Hyper Cell and left 4 back row pins in the first 7 frames. Changed ball to Disturbed and finished out with 4 bagger and only a 182.

Game 2 changed ball to Disturbed had some better carry but still few back row and a 227.

Game 3 right lane was giving trouble, still leaving back row, 10 pins, 9 pin, 7 pin.... Ended with 222.

182-227-222=631

With the bad carry I had, lucky to walk out with what I did. Clean spare shooting after first few frames helped me out big time.

On to tomorrow and Singles and Doubles events. Hoping for better carry.

vdubtx
10-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Day 2 of Greater Tulsa Open tournament and we were at Broken Arrow lanes.

Set 1 Singles
Game 1 I started with Hyper Cell, had a good look I warm ups. Began with the front 7, smash pocket each time. 8th frame dropped my speed just a bit, went high and left a 3 pin. Turkey and then went high again leaving 3-6 for a nice start and a 277.

Game 2 started with a strike, a pair of 10 pins only converting 1 of them. Strike, 3 pin, strike, 6-10, 2-4-5, changed to Disturbed and finally got a nice pocket strike, 3-6 and finally strike to end with only a 185. Right lane was giving me fits all game.

Game 3 continuing with Disturbed left off where game 2 did with 3-6, 6 pin, strike, 3 pin, strike, 10 pin, went way high leaving 4-6-7-9-10, 3 pin, 3-6, strike and 3 pin in the fill for a lackluster 173.

277-185-173 = 635

Everyone was having trouble on this pair. Every move I made did not work. We said good riddance to the pair and moved pair to the right for set #2 and our Doubles event.

Game 1 with Disturbed went heavy to start leaving 3-6-10. Next time up 2-4-5, crossed over for Brooklyn. Decided to make ball change to First Blood mainly to just test another line and had an ok look leaving a 4 pin. I can work with that. Made a move left and target moved to a reflection of light about 40 ft down lane, this worked great, struck out with the last 8 in a row for a 257.

Game 2 continued with First Blood, first frame left 2-4-5 and left the danged 5 pin standing on conversion. 10 pin, strike, 3-10 leaving 10 pin standing. 5 bagger 4 pin and finally strike in the fill for a 216.

Game 3 went high leaving 3-6-7, turkey, 10 pin, 6 pin which I missed with ball sailing right by it to the right for a perfect 10 pin pickup UGH!, then proceeded to leave a 10 pin and pulled the shot barely missing left. Double before going heavy and leaving 4-6-7 and a lackluster 179.

257-216-179 = 652

My Doubles partner and all other bowlers on our pair were having trouble. Team mate of mine with 231 average barely squeaked out a 500 series.

Coming out of the tournament, I was high man for the squads that we bowled in. Not sure if there was another squad earlier or later than us. Will have to wait until they start to post results. The tournament runs each weekend until end of November.

With not getting close to 700 any series, not much of a chance of winning anything. Only thing I can hope is my 277 was the high game for the weekend and get $100.

circlecity
10-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Day 2 of Greater Tulsa Open tournament and we were at Broken Arrow lanes.

Was this all on a house shot?

vdubtx
10-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Not sure what pattern they used this year, but likely same as last year, it was the USBC White. Basically a modified house shot.

vdubtx
10-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Tuesday night Sportsman league in higher friction house:

Game 1 started with Disturbed and left a nice 10 pin standing proceeded to dump the ball in the gutter about 1 ft in front of 10 pin. Why must this pin mock me so? Gathered myself and threw a double, 4 pin, 4-7, decided to change balls did not like the reaction. Brought out the First Blood and crossed over head pin after a tug and got lucky with Brooklyn. Ran off the next 5 before leaving a stone 7 in the fill for a 245.

Game 2 with First Blood started with strike, 3-6(another tug), strike, 10 pin, strike, heavy pocket leaving 4-7-9, strike, 3-10, strike, double in 10th after taking a little bit of hand out of the ball on this lane, finally 6 pin in the fill for a 205.

Game 3 with First Blood started with 10 pin, heavy pocket again for a 4-9, turkey, 3-6-10 which I let spare ball sail wide taking out only 6-10. Double, took a little bit to much out of the shot and went light leaving bucket, 2-4-5, and finally 4-7 for a lackluster 192.

245-205-192 = 642

All in all not a bad night, still struggling a bit with some spare shooting that cropped up in Tulsa. Not sure what it is but I am sure practice will help cure that. Other team had some hellacious carry, guy I was bowling against had no less than 7 through the nose and brooklyn strikes the last game. Comical in that our team had hardly any luck on the carry side, always seems to go that way with our team. :(

vdubtx
10-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Thursday Fun league

Game 1 could not get lined up properly on right lane with Hyper Cell. Left lane was just fine. Struggled all night on the right, ball just would not finish. Went inside and outside just no reaction. Put Hyper Cell away for that side. I did get some very lucky carry on the lane though, trip 2 from behind, 10 pin taken out by rolling 3 pin after it was knocked over. Ended with a 254 on the game which I can't complain about, but not comfortable at all with the ball reaction.

Game 2 changed balls to IQ Fusion and was pocket for every shot on left lane. Right lane was still kind of squirrelly for me and a 191 game.

Game 3 stuck with IQ Fusion on left lane and switched to Disturbed and then finally First Blood to finish out the game for a 220.

254-191-220 = 665

Spare shooting at single pins was 100% including 2 10 pins. Only missed makeable spare was 3-6-9-10. Went at it too straight and left the 9 pin standing.

For the season so far in 2 leagues, averaging 220 through 39 games. 9.35 first ball average, 59% strikes, Single Pin spares 94%, 10 pin spares 89%.
While my average is down about 5 pins total, feeling good about it as my spare percentages are up compared to last year. Last year single pin was 90% and 10 pin was 86%. Made some strides on improvement there. I think the strikes will start coming soon as I am back into a rhythm after having the summer somewhat off and not much practice lately.

MICHAEL
10-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Great bowling,,, you need to make the trip up for the next: Real Men Bowl On Wood, tournament this next spring/summer/fall, depending on what works for majority!

The Great state of Texas needs to be represented!! (:)

Amyers
10-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Good bowling Vdub congrats on the improvements.

vdubtx
10-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Great bowling,,, you need to make the trip up for the next: Real Men Bowl On Wood, tournament this next spring/summer/fall, depending on what works for majority!

The Great state of Texas needs to be represented!! (:)

Didn't know I was invited. :cool: Will stay tuned to see when this tournament is scheduled. :D

Good bowling Vdub congrats on the improvements.

Thank you.

vdubtx
10-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Good night on the lanes, Tuesday Sportsman league

Started with what has become my go to ball in this high friction low volume house, my Roto-Grip Disturbed.

Game 1 tugged first ball going through the nose leaving the 3-9, strike, 4 pin, a messy 8 pin which was almost a 2-8, turkey before getting the ball out too far which dropped the speed and going through the nose for a 4-6-7, turkey and a 4 pin in the fill for a 223.

Game 2 went high leaving 3-6-10 and leaving the 3 pin standing, ball sailed right by the 3 pin, ugh! 10 pin, went light trying a different line and left 2-4, something to work with now. Ran off a 4 bagger, 7 pin, turkey and then a 4 pin in the fill for a nice 235.

Game 3 started with a 10 pin, made another adjustment and ran off the next 7 before getting ball out too far and going high leaving 3-10 which I converted, double and then 3-9 in the fill for a real nice 264.

223-235-266 = 724

Felt pretty good all night and as long as I hit my mark down the lane and didn't let the ball squirt out too far I was fine. Just those few times that I let my focus down cost me from having a nicer series.

Average has crept back up to 217, 95% single pin spare conversion and 89% 10 pin conversion.
First ball average of 9.27

Amyers
10-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Nice Bowling Vdub

vdubtx
10-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks Amyers. Was bowling against a 187 average(yeah right) bowler who could not miss the pocket. Cranker with ton of revs and he had incredible carry. First 2 games he had my by 22 and 2 pins respectively. Game 3 we were matching each other, he left 10 pin to start and ran off 6 in a row. He tugged and went high and I struck for my 7th. He opened and I struck a few more times to catch the 24 he was up on me and beat in totals by 9 pins.

Our opposing team last night is for sure sand bagging when they want to. Their anchor bowler last week had a 290, very good bowler when I watched him during leagues last year. He is only averaging 204 right now.

Amyers
10-22-2014, 11:25 AM
I bowled against a woman last Sunday who averages 125 never missed the pocket on a single shot all night. She's not a sandbagger just had that kind of night She ended up with a 740 handicap series. Not beating that with my 10 pins of handicap.

RobLV1
10-22-2014, 12:23 PM
My wife and I joined a league at a different center this fall. It's a senior recreational league, supposedly, where the handicap is set at 95% of 225. The center caters to senior leagues, and puts out 35 feet of very light oil to let the non-bowlers think that they can hook a ball. Personally, I averaged 171 for the first six weeks, and figured out last week that I need to start the league where I end up after four games in my other leagues. Once I figured it out, I was actually able to bowl over 200, at least for my first game. Guess what happened. I was accused of sandbagging. Personally I'm not saying that sandbagging does not exist. I know it does. I do think, however, that accusations of sandbagging are thrown around way too often for the good of the game.

MICHAEL
10-22-2014, 01:02 PM
My wife and I joined a league at a different center this fall. It's a senior recreational league, supposedly, where the handicap is set at 95% of 225. The center caters to senior leagues, and puts out 35 feet of very light oil to let the non-bowlers think that they can hook a ball. Personally, I averaged 171 for the first six weeks, and figured out last week that I need to start the league where I end up after four games in my other leagues. Once I figured it out, I was actually able to bowl over 200, at least for my first game. Guess what happened. I was accused of sandbagging. Personally I'm not saying that sandbagging does not exist. I know it does. I do think, however, that accusations of sandbagging are thrown around way too often for the good of the game.

After seeing YOU IN ACTION if Vegas, I would say you ARE a Sandbagging Bowling Machaine! In the finales you DID JUST WHAT you needed to win each game, including beating ICEMAN by 3 fricken pin by striking out in the 10th. 224, Ice,,,,, 227 Sandbagger, I mean Rob!!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/sspcs_zpsqswxef5j.gif (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/sspcs_zpsqswxef5j.gif.html)

Is Rob a SANDBAGGER?? hummmmmmm,,, or just LUCKY!!! Was it JUST Lucky Strikes,,,, LOL

vdubtx
10-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Thursday Fun Night

I knew coming into tonight it would be a competitive night. Even though it is my fun night we were bowling against a good bowler, 2nd high average in the league.

In warm ups, I wasn't able to find a good line with the Hyper Cell. Stuck with it though and made a few adjustments.

Game 1 started off the night tugging the ball and went very high brooklyn for a lucky strike. Followed that up with the next 5 before leaving a 10 pin. Went high leaving 3-10, then punched out for a nice 267. Beat the other bowler by 32 pins. :cool:

Game 2 kept going where I left off starting with a strike, 10 pin, double, in the pocket with the 7-10 standing and 1 pin rolling which luckily took out the 10 pin before pin setter came down. Next time up ringing 10 pin. Then ran off the next 5 before picking my speed up and leaving a bucket in the fill for a nice 244. Beat my competitor by 53. :cool:

Game 3 started with a 10 pin, turkey, 7 pin, turkey, 10 pin and turkey to finish out with a good 248. Other bowler had me this game, he put together a nice 268.

267-244-248 = 759

All in all not too shabby and a 30 clean series. Can't complain about that at all. 5 10 pin pick ups, 2 7 pins and the one 3-10 were all that stood the whole night for a 75% strike percentage and 9.64 first ball average.

My team barely showed up tonight and we lost all 4. All good though, we always have fun and I won 2 hands of poker along with multiple "money balls". Money ball is a quarter game we play where every 5th strike the team has pays out $0.50 per member. I can typically walk out of there with $5 in quarters some nights. :D

MICHAEL
10-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Fun indeed 759!! Nice shooting! Hope you can make it to the Real Men Bowl on Wood tornament , June 13th! I hope to meet many of you on this forum! Keep it in mind!

Amyers
10-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Congrats on the nice series Vdub keep it up.

mc_runner
10-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Great series vdub! Glad you had fun along with it.

Konvict1982
10-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Awesome bowling!

vdubtx
10-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks all.

vdubtx
10-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Just a so so night for me on the lanes.

Game 1 with my Disturbed began with a 4 pin, high leaving 3-6-10, strike, 2 pin, 4 pin, turkey before going high leaving 3-6-7-10(which I converted), then went high again in 10th fram leaving 4-6-7 and ruining a good game for only 198.

Game 2 started with turkey, high leaving 3-6, strike, then another 4-6-7, changed balls to First Blood and doubled, then a smash 9 pin and struck out with a 225 and helped the team take the game by 8 pins. :cool:

Game 3 continued with First Blood struck, smash 9 pin, double, 3-6, strike, 6-10, another smash 9, strike and then another bone head 10th frame leaving 4-6-7 for the 3rd time tonight and a 195 to finish out the night.

Spare shooting was perfect tonight aside from 3, 4-6-7 splits. For a change, I did not leave a 10 pin. 3 smash 9 pins though. The lanes were transitioning real fast. Had a cranker that was throwing over 6th arrow messing everyone up.

Everyone except my team mate who shot a 296-258-245 for a real nice 799 series. He needed 1 mark in the 10th frame last game to shoot 800 and his first shot left the 4-9. Heartbreaking to see such a good night of bowling get tripped up by a high pocket strike like that. When he was up on the lane first game for his 12th shot, bowler next to him walked up on him while he was getting ready and broke his concentration. He proceeded to tug the shot and went high through the nose. Everyone on the surrounding lanes let this guy have it for not having a freaking clue to his surroundings. What a jerk! Some people are just so clueless. Not something you expect when you are in a high average league like we have on Tuesdays.

vdubtx
10-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Another so so night on the lanes.

Game 1 started with Hyper Cell and ball was just not finishing. Pulled the Disturbed out as it starts up a bit earlier and could not find a consistent reaction on either lane. Left 5 10 pins for the first game and a 222.

Game 2 continued trying different adjustments, pulled out the IQ Fusion and had similar luck leaving more 10 pins and a bucket which I left the 5 standing for my first open of the night. Ended game with 223.

Game 3 continued the same just trying to keep clean and get a few strikes in as well, flagged a 7 pin which is rare for me. Changed ball again to First Blood at end of game and actually put together my first 4 bagger of the night. Ended game with 228.

222-223-228 = 673

Did not feel I was able to get anything going aside from a couple doubles here and there with one lone turkey and a 4 bagger to end the night. 2 opens and no splits.

fortheloveofbowling
11-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Pretty good scoring for a so so night. What are you averaging thus far in your leagues?

vdubtx
11-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Pretty good scoring for a so so night. What are you averaging thus far in your leagues?

Thanks you. Averages so far are 216 Tuesday's and 229 on Thursdays.

vdubtx
11-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Ok night in my tuesday league.

Game 1 started off in impressive fashion(haha) Went through the nose and left the 3-4-6-7-10 and then proceeded to dump my spare ball into the gutter missing everything. Excellent, what a night this will be. Next time up smash 9, strike, through the nose luckily leaving only the 3-6-10, strike, 4 pin, double then high again 6 pin, strike and 6-10 in the fill for a lackluster 193. Used First Blood all game.

Game 2 moved my line 3 boards left and projected the ball down lane and upped my speed and threw the first 7 with a couple very lucky carries in there, so did not have my confidence up real high. Next time up smash 9, 3-6-10, got my ball WAY outside to about 2 board and left 1-2-4-10, leaving the 10 pin standing and a 241.

Game 3 changed balls to my Disturbed and had horrible reaction. 1-2-4, 3-6, 6-10, 10. Then changed to my Hyper Cell, was needing something to get down the lane as far as possible before revving up and it actually worked for me. Strike first shot, 9 pin, 4 bagger and then a 3 pin when I went heavy to end the game with a 224.

193-241-224 = 658

I will have to remember the reaction of the Hyper Cell for me on these higher friction lower volume lanes in the future. Think I will also give my Uproar another chance after I alter the surface of it to what my ball driller suggested for the lighter volume at this house.

vdubtx
11-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Thursday Fun league...

Game 1 started with Hyper Cell right lane was giving me trouble in warm ups. Had to manage ball speed on right lane, ball was just not finishing. Started with a double, went light left a 2 pin, struck, 2-8, turkey, 4 pin, and punched out for 238.

Game 2 more of the same right side was very finicky - strike, smash 9 pin, strike, 10 pin, doubled, 2-4-5, double and then left the bucket which I then left the 5 pin standing on the conversion try to ruin a good game and only 201.

Game 3 gained my composure after my brain fart moment in 10th frame and started with front 6, smash 9 pin on the right lane, 2-4, double before leaving a 7 pin in fill of 10th for a nice 256. Just couldn't get one more strike in 10th to get that 700 series.

All in all our team took 3 games and I won all of the card games and about $5 in quarters from our money ball game. :cool:

MICHAEL
11-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Thursday Fun league...

Game 1 started with Hyper Cell right lane was giving me trouble in warm ups. Had to manage ball speed on right lane, ball was just not finishing. Started with a double, went light left a 2 pin, struck, 2-8, turkey, 4 pin, and punched out for 238.

Game 2 more of the same right side was very finicky - strike, smash 9 pin, strike, 10 pin, doubled, 2-4-5, double and then left the bucket which I then left the 5 pin standing on the conversion try to ruin a good game and only 201.

Game 3 gained my composure after my brain fart moment in 10th frame and started with front 6, smash 9 pin on the right lane, 2-4, double before leaving a 7 pin in fill of 10th for a nice 256. Just couldn't get one more strike in 10th to get that 700 series.

All in all our team took 3 games and I won all of the card games and about $5 in quarters from our money ball game. :cool:

Regardless that you didn't get that 700, THIS TIME,,,LOL,,, great shooting! (except maybe for that fricken 2nd game). ??? hey 5 bucks in quarters, put it in a jar, with this writing on the lid! ( Money for Trip to Plattsburg Real Men Bowl on Wood in Small Towns ) lol

Konvict1982
11-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Thursday Fun league...

Nice bowling!

vdubtx
11-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Didn't have time to post my scores from the other night, but here they are.

Game 1 - Used my newly resurfaced First Blood with a little bit of Factory Finish polish on it, and it seemed to be working pretty good and a 236

Game 2 - Kept same line and made some good shots, needed atleast double in 10th frame to keep our team in lead for the game and did so ending with a 266.

Game 3 - The last shot in 10th frame game 2 I went through the nose and that should have been a sign that the lane was transitioning from my line. I failed to pick up on that queue and continued on the same path with the First Blood thinking it was just my ball speed. Felt like I made some bad shots to compound that thought and had a horrible game. ALL WHEELS FALLEN OFF with a lowly 163.

235-266-163 = 664

Feeling like I am shooting myself in the foot lately closing out series. Missing 700 more now that I have in the past. Just checked my stats from last year and had 9 700 series at this point in time of the season, have only 4 so far this season.

Bradski9
11-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I am horrible about finishing a series, usually my low games are the 3rd game and it will be around 40 pins lower than the first two.

Aslan
11-13-2014, 05:31 PM
I am horrible about finishing a series, usually my low games are the 3rd game and it will be around 40 pins lower than the first two.

I threw a 171-183-117 on Tuesday. Left the alley kinda wanting to get run over by a can in the parking lot.

The week before it was 211-177-154. Same thing. You start out feeling great and then in the end you feel like poo.

Hopefully someday I can get to VDub level where my 3rd horrible game is in the 160-200 range.

vdubtx
11-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Thursday fun league night:

Game 1 started with Hyper Cell and had a good look. Left side the 3 pin was off spot just a bit so had to play that a bit tighter to avoid any weird splits. In warm up, couple guys left pocket 7-10's. Started with strike, then let ball sail wide with a washout 1-2-4-6-10 only getting 1-2-4 in conversion attempt. Great, not how I wanted the night to start out. Picked myself back up and ran off the next 6 before leaving a stone 10 converting that. 10th frame we were neck and neck with our opponents. Their anchor struck out to keep them in the game. I needed a mark and 7 count to win by 1 pin. First shot up was another 10 pin, converted that and then knew I needed 7. Went up and let ball sail wide again leaving another washout 1-2-4-6-10 and losing the game by 1 danged pin and a 229. Big time Choke!!

Game 2 continued with Hyper Cell as if I actually made my shots had a nice reaction. Started with Turkey, stone 9 pin, 10 pin, double, 2-8, strike and then went way heavy and straight taking only the 1-2-5-8 out of the rack, yep 4 count split. Just laughed at myself at that point and targeted the right side of the 6 pin on the conversion and slid the 3 pin over to take out the 4-7 and converted the split, then finished with a 10 pin in the fill for a 225.

Game 3 started to see some transition and the Hyper cell coming up high on first strike and then the 4-10 split in 2nd frame. Switched out to IQ Fusion struck first time very luckily though with a light hit. Next time up leaving a 7 pin, then struck, 10 pin which I failed to convert. Hadn't missed a 10 pin in a few weeks. Struck, light hit 1-2-8, turkey and then 4-7 in the fill for a 194.

229-225-194 = 648

All in all some bad shot making on several frames where I let ball sail out too far. Likely lack of focus on those shots not keeping eyes on the target, then the big time choke always gets to me. Given the situation, I typically rise to the challenge, but just that one split moment of not eyeing the target was enough to lose the game for us.

Back to the grind stone and get some more practice this weekend.

Hampe
11-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Argh....as a fellow anchor I know how frustrating that can be :). Good scores anyway though...no reason to beat yourself up too much. I've even used my spare ball in situations like that before.....you almost have to try to get less than 8 pins with the spare ball :).

vdubtx
11-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Went in for some practice yesterday and walked into the center that was full. Guy at counter said they were about to start an 8 gamer tournament. Not being prepared for a tournament, I did it anyway. :cool:

Didn't do all that great, missed half of my 10 pin conversions on the day. Had been shooting them at a 90%+ rate the last couple months. Aside from the missed 10 pins, had 6 splits in total converting one of them, a 2-4-10.

211-191-230-231-194-199-215-244 = 1715
214 average.

Pattern used was the USBC White 2 41ft pattern.

Not even close to lights out, but good enough for 5th place in this handicap tournament. 2 squads bowled with about 45 bowlers total. Not too shabby with waling in to get some practice and walking out with just a but more than my entry fee back in my pocket. :cool:

vdubtx
11-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Also forgot to mention in my post that with the little bit tougher White pattern, I actually used 4 of my 5 balls throughout the day battling the transition. We changed pairs every 2 games so finding that reaction on each pair was crucial. Last game everyone else was struggling, but had my trusty Disturbed to help smooth out my reaction on the burned up lanes. :cool:

MICHAEL
11-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Also forgot to mention in my post that with the little bit tougher White pattern, I actually used 4 of my 5 balls throughout the day battling the transition. We changed pairs every 2 games so finding that reaction on each pair was crucial. Last game everyone else was struggling, but had my trusty Disturbed to help smooth out my reaction on the burned up lanes. :cool:

You know,, I had the same experience with the white pattern... First game 224 as I remember it, then each game got tougher!! Must be something about the white that causes this anomaly???

vdubtx
11-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Had a good night on Tuesday league.

Game 1 I decided to start with my trusty Disturbed, had a good look in warm ups and noticed the lanes were playing slightly different. Left side I had down and struck every frame. Right side though, was a bit trickier, had a pair of 10 pins, a 4 pin and a 7 pin on that side(all converted) for a 228.

Game 2 decided to switch balls up on right side and took out my IQ Fusion, tugged first ball and went through the nose 4-6-7, ran off the next 7 before leaving a 7 pin in 9th frame. 10th frame on left lane noticed my ball really jumped and it went through the nose for a 4-10 split, ending a good game, but still ok at 235.

Game 3 stuck with Disturbed for one last frame and it went brooklyn for a strike(time to change balls once and for all) went to just the IQ Fusion as the lanes were getting even more squirrely. Turkey to start, 4 pin, 4 pin, really high for 4-6-7-9-10, turkey, before smash 9 to start 10th frame and then struck to finish with 220.

228-235-220 = 683

Team took all 4 games and we are just a few games shy of 1st place. :cool:
Spare shooting on the night was very good aside from the 3 splits.

Ready to bowl something big this evening at my Thursday Fun league. :D

MICHAEL
11-20-2014, 11:52 AM
3 solid games! Consistent,,, I hate it when I have two HIGH games, only to be offset by a below average one to ruin the series. :)

Amyers
11-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Nice Bowling Vdub

Aslan
11-20-2014, 01:15 PM
When I get to be awesome...I'm gonna consider drafting VDub for my USBC team.

MICHAEL
11-20-2014, 01:25 PM
When I get to be awesome...I'm gonna consider drafting VDub for my USBC team.

Yes,,, you would be a GREAT anchor!! http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss357/ichbinkevin919/boat/DSCN0099.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ichbinkevin919/media/boat/DSCN0099.jpg.html)

In all seriousness, you are right on the EDGE of GREATNESS!!! Just a few more lessons form Rob! I see things now,,,, and soon.. you will be ruling the lanes in central CA!!

vdubtx
11-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Had just a so so kinda frustrating night. Left lane the head pin was off spot very slightly. So hitting the pocket was always a little bit of a challenge as you never knew what you would be left with. Even had a nice pocket hit that left me with a 7-9 split on that lane. :confused: So many 10 pins left as well.

Missed a few 10 pins, after my tournament the past Sunday, I know what I am working on in my next practice session.

246-191-222 = 659

Mike White
11-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Had just a so so kinda frustrating night. Left lane the head pin was off spot very slightly. So hitting the pocket was always a little bit of a challenge as you never knew what you would be left with. Even had a nice pocket hit that left me with a 7-9 split on that lane. :confused: So many 10 pins left as well.

Missed a few 10 pins, after my tournament the past Sunday, I know what I am working on in my next practice session.

246-191-222 = 659

Had a similar one on Thursday

In the first game:

On the odd lane I had strike, 8 pin spare, strike, strike, strike.
On the even lane I had 4-9 missed both, 2-4-5 spare, 10 spare, 10 spare, 10 spare, 1-2-4-6-10 count ball (tried further outside)

I felt I was throwing the ball well, but when you combine those frames it produces a score of 178.

Next two games were 235, and 237 for a 650 series.

No ball change, just found a path to the pocket that carried better on the even lane.

vdubtx
11-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Was a fun night on the lanes tonight. :cool:

Having nights like these are why I keep bowling and why I keep trying improve. Everything seemed to go my way, hit my mark really well tonight going inside just a few times.

Game 1 started with my Disturbed. Began with a 4 bagger, went slightly light with a 2-8, bit heavy leaving 4-7, double, 10 pin, heavy then 3-6 in 10th frame and strike in the fill for a 233.

Game 2 still with the Disturbed started with 7 pin then a 10 pin, made slight adjustment and ran off the next 9 before going heavy in the fill with a 4-7-10 and a really nice 276.

Game 3 again started with Disturbed and with a smash 9, strike, another smash 9(time for a ball change on that lane and used IQ Fusion), ran off the next 7 before going slightly heavy and a 3-6 in the fill for a nice 258.

30 clean frames, woohoo!!! :cool:

233-276-258 = 767

fortheloveofbowling
11-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Nice bowling man! You seem to really like that disturbed, i have one also and i like it as well. Add 33 to that set next time out!

vdubtx
11-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Nice bowling man! You seem to really like that disturbed, i have one also and i like it as well. Add 33 to that set next time out!
Thanks, yeah in this particular house it has become my go to ball. Just need to get ball down the lane and not out past 10 and it comes back real nice. Perfect arc right to the pocket.

vdubtx
12-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Good night on our Tuesday competitive league in the low volume house.

Had a great look with my Disturbed in practice so stuck with it since it has been working in this particular house really well.

Game 1 started with a double, 10 pin, 4 bagger, 4 pin, strike then sent the ball too far wide and left 1-4-7-10 leaving the 7 pin standing. :confused: 226 on what should have been a much higher game.

Game 2 10 pin, 3-6-10, 3 pin, 6 pin, turkey, 6-10 and chopped 6 pin leaving 10 standing for my brainfart moment of the night. Turkey before leaving 6-10 in the fill for a 219.

Game 3 started with 3-10 and converted, 7 bagger with a few light mixer uppers in for good measure, 10 pin, 4 pin and finally strike for a 258.

226-219-258 = 703

All in all a good night. Had 2 makeable spares left standing. The 1-2-4-7 was a weird one, not sure which pin it was, but it seemed like it hit off the wall and stood the 7 pin back up. 6-10 spare was just a brain fart.

Team split games tonight in what was essentially a position round. We were up against the number one team who we are 1 point back from. On to next week and the next team to fall victim to us. :D :cool:

fortheloveofbowling
12-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Nice bowling. You better get another disturbed for the closet while you can. We all come across equipment that suits our game better than others sometimes.

Blacksox1
12-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Clean 30 and 767 followed by another 700+. Well done vdubtx.

vdubtx
12-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Thursday Fun league:

Game 1 using Hyper Cell. 10 pin to start off the night, turkey, 10 pin which I flagged, turkey before going bit light leaving 2-8, converted that and struck for 225.

Game 2 continued with Hyper Cell, 10 pin to start again, 4 pin, double, 10 pin, 4 bagger, 10 pin, and nice pocket 7-10 to finish out in the fill for a 235.

Game 3 again kept with Hyper Cell and a strike to start, 7 pin and with a bone headed move missed it, strike, 8 pin and this is where I started to make a ball change on the particular lane. Switched to IQ Fusion on right side. Strike on left lane with Hyper Cell, strike on right with IQ Fusion, through the nose with a slight drop in speed with Hyper Cell leaving 3-6-7-10 which I did convert. Finished out the game with IQ Fusion and 5 in a row for a 224.

Should have actually changed to the IQ Fusion much sooner since I was leaving so many back row pins with the Hyper Cell. Felt good all night though, hit my target each and every shot. Made some good adjustments, but as I said should have changed ball sooner with so many back row left standing.

225-235-224 = 684

vdubtx
12-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Nice bowling. You better get another disturbed for the closet while you can. We all come across equipment that suits our game better than others sometimes.

Thanks, yeah for this particular house I actually might get another some time.

Clean 30 and 767 followed by another 700+. Well done vdubtx.

Thank you.

Amyers
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Vdub you have been killing it here lately congrats man

Aslan
12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Vdub you have been killing it here lately congrats man

Exactly. Aren't "we" at the point where it's time to take that big next step into PBA Regional competition? I mean, how much is there to prove with a 225 average on a THS?

fortheloveofbowling
12-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Exactly. Aren't "we" at the point where it's time to take that big next step into PBA Regional competition? I mean, how much is there to prove with a 225 average on a THS?

Averaging 225 even on house shot is an accomplishment. That puts you in .5-1.0 percentile of sanctioned bowlers. I have bowled in 5 regional events and seeing vdubs game on video tells me he could compete.

Aslan
12-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Averaging 225 even on house shot is an accomplishment. That puts you in .5-1.0 percentile of sanctioned bowlers. I have bowled in 5 regional events and seeing vdubs game on video tells me he could compete.

Totally agree FTLOB.

In the past, an average of 191…more like 215…you were a house pro and the best in your THS league…and starting to think about the PBA. Nowadays, 190-215 is fairly common…still AWESOME…but not PBA material. But 220? 225? And VDub has compteted at the USBC. He's used to sport shot leagues…competition.

I've tried to nudge Iceman…mostly because I'd like to see him compete at a higher level before his body starts to break down. And I don't mean that in a "mean" way…I just see that as the biggest risk to bowlers is that as we age…the knees and shoulders are going to go. It causes probably the most bowlers to have to quit. I'd like to see what Iceman and his all-star amateur team could do on the big stage.

But with VDubtx…and I'm not trying to kiss up here…don't want to ruin my "rep"…but VDub is ready. NOW. There's not much more to accomplish at this point in a house league. Sure it's fun. I'd love to see my name at the top of the list every week. But come on man…aren't ya curious? Don't you just kinda "wonder" if that could be you in the TV finals??

I can't say I'm "confident" he could win…I mean, it's the top of the top. But, if anyone on here could do it, I think VDub could. FWIW

fortheloveofbowling
12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Totally agree FTLOB.

In the past, an average of 191…more like 215…you were a house pro and the best in your THS league…and starting to think about the PBA. Nowadays, 190-215 is fairly common…still AWESOME…but not PBA material. But 220? 225? And VDub has compteted at the USBC. He's used to sport shot leagues…competition.

I've tried to nudge Iceman…mostly because I'd like to see him compete at a higher level before his body starts to break down. And I don't mean that in a "mean" way…I just see that as the biggest risk to bowlers is that as we age…the knees and shoulders are going to go. It causes probably the most bowlers to have to quit. I'd like to see what Iceman and his all-star amateur team could do on the big stage.

But with VDubtx…and I'm not trying to kiss up here…don't want to ruin my "rep"…but VDub is ready. NOW. There's not much more to accomplish at this point in a house league. Sure it's fun. I'd love to see my name at the top of the list every week. But come on man…aren't ya curious? Don't you just kinda "wonder" if that could be you in the TV finals??

I can't say I'm "confident" he could win…I mean, it's the top of the top. But, if anyone on here could do it, I think VDub could. FWIW

He could compete at the REGIONAL LEVEL. When i say compete i mean in the mix for a check occasionally. Those guys at the regional level you have never heard of can really bowl. The national tour is a whole different animal.

MICHAEL
12-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Totally agree FTLOB.

I agree with your thoughts on VD,,, but its hard to shoot for something that pays so damn little, with the exception a small handful! One thing about the pro's, it almost always sports shooting, not sure VD how do you fare on sport league's? Do you bowl on any at this time. I can't find ONE in the Kansas city area. I was told this summer their might be a few! Believe me if I can find one, Ice is going to jump on it!

My dream would be Sports pattern on Wood lanes!! Did the pros in the 50's 60's bowl sports patterns??? I think that's a new tread that started to make it more challenging with the oil, and balls!

Anyone know when SPORTS SHOTS First started out, and what the first machine was that laid that pattern? Surly MIke White knows.... huh!!!

fortheloveofbowling
12-06-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree with your thoughts on VD,,, but its hard to shoot for something that pays so damn little, with the exception a small handful! One thing about the pro's, it almost always sports shooting, not sure VD how do you fare on sport league's? Do you bowl on any at this time. I can't find ONE in the Kansas city area. I was told this summer their might be a few! Believe me if I can find one, Ice is going to jump on it!

My dream would be Sports pattern on Wood lanes!! Did the pros in the 50's 60's bowl sports patterns??? I think that's a new tread that started to make it more challenging with the oil, and balls!

Anyone know when SPORTS SHOTS First started out, and what the first machine was that laid that pattern? Surly MIke White knows.... huh!!!

There could be a book written about the history of lane conditions and surfaces throughout the years. In regards to the pba, throughout the 60's and 70's they had 5 or 6 patterns they would use depending on the center they were in. If they were in a center were the track was totally destroyed then the shot would be inside but the condition of the surface really dictated in most cases what pattern they would use. There is a great article in the november bowlers journal about the struggles the lane maintenance crew went through in the late 60's and early 70's trying to create an even field for tournaments. As far as the usbc sport leagues that was started in the last 10-12 years i think? If you don't have access to a sport league you can try to sharpen your skills by playing a part of the lane that is tough for you to get to the pocket well or use a plastic or urethane ball. Sorry vdub about adding all this extra stuff to your thread.

Aslan
12-06-2014, 09:54 PM
He could compete at the REGIONAL LEVEL. When i say compete i mean in the mix for a check occasionally. Those guys at the regional level you have never heard of can really bowl. The national tour is a whole different animal.

I don't know…there were some regional guys that did pretty darn good at the WSOB this year. I think it's a smaller difference than people think. Regional guys USED TO be at a real disadvantage because they didn't get the big sponsorships that would allow them to compete at the National level…and the National guys would always get exempted back into a spot. Once the sponsorships started declining, and the PBA changed their exemption process…a lot more regional guys started moving up.

And it's not about the money (Iceman). It just isn't. It's about 20 years from now when VDub has a sore knee, a foot issue, and a bum shoulder…and he sees a guy just like him except 20 years younger…and that guy just won a pBA regional. And thats when regret sets in. And it's the worst kind of regret because it shows up just after you could actually do something about it.

vdubtx
12-10-2014, 10:18 AM
First, thanks to all for your confidence building posts. :) While I have thought of competing in a regional, I am simply out classed by many of the bowlers that do bowl in those events. I know quite a few and they are ones that average 235+ in regular league bowling and I would simply be a donator in those events. I am content in bowling in smaller tournaments here and there and especially competing at the USBC Nationals event each year. That is not to say that I won't at least try a regional some day. I just don't think I am there yet with Sport Shots. My targeting has certainly improved and that is absolutely necessary on a Sport compliant shot.

Anyway, on to the Tuesday night scores.

Game 1 in this lighter volume house, I started with m trusty Disturbed. Strike, 2 pin, double, 10 pin, double, 2 pin, turkey and then a 3-6-7-10 on a test shot(which didn't work lol) in fill for a 234.

Game 2 stuck with Disturbed. Strike, 3-4-6-7-10 split, double, 10 pin, strike, washout leaving 10 pin on conversion, 3-6, double, and a 7 pin for a lackluster 190.

Game 3 stayed with Disturbed. Game 2 missed mark and dropped speed a few times so it wasn't the ball. Started off with the front 9!! Up in the 10th I told myself to just not get my speed too low, hit my mark and I would be fine. Well, I hit my mark, but my ball speed was up too high, clipped the head pin and left a 5-7 split and a 266 game. Yikes!! I knew it as soon as I let the ball go that the speed was too high. Guess I rushed that shot and paid for it. Oh Well, on to the next time.

234-190-266 = 690

As a team we took 3 of 4 which put us into 1st place for this half of the season. 2 weeks to go for the first half!! Feels good to be where we are as the rest of my team hasn't been bowling lights out at all. Our anchor has actually been dropping pins on his average every 2-3 weeks. I keep telling him that it's ok, as I keep adding pins to mine. :cool: :D

Aslan
12-10-2014, 02:18 PM
...as the rest of my team hasn't been bowling lights out at all. Our anchor has actually been dropping pins on his average every 2-3 weeks. I keep telling him that it's ok, as I keep adding pins to mine. :cool: :D

I'm in the same boat. When I joined this team in Week 3 of the season...I was bowling like garbage and our anchor was bowling 180-200 games...averaging about 190. Since then I've brought my average from 149 to 162 and have outbowled him in the last 4 weeks...I think he's down in the high 170s now.

Every time he has 2 bad weeks he buys a new ball. Pro shop owner's DREAM! He bought an Optimus 2 weeks ago. He just ordered another new one last night.

vdubtx
12-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Horrible night for me. Mind was somewhere else completely.

Game 1 started out with 4 pin, 10 pin, strike, 6 pin which I flagged going to the right of it for a perfect 10 pin pick up, doubled, 4 pin, 4 pin(time for ball change), strike, 6-10 which I then proceeded to pick out the 6 pin and leave the 10 standing for a epic fail 10th frame which cost us the game and a 183.

Game 2 wasn't much different, 10 pin, 3-4-6-7 split, 4-6-7-9-10 split, 2 pin, 2-8, strike, 10 pin, strike, 3 pin, turkey to finish out with a 180. Ugh!

Game 3 was felling a little better until left a pocket 7-10 split, strike, guess what...another pocket 7-10 split. 4 bagger, 10 pin, strike, 9 pin, and 4-6-7-10 in the fill for a hard fought 202.

183-180-202 = 565

First time on Thursday night since March or April of 2013 that I shot under 600 series. Nothing was going my way and I was just not there. On to next week.

Mudpuppy
12-12-2014, 10:15 AM
I feel your pain V. Bowled a 540 yesterday after being on a huge tear for awhile. It happens. Can only take one ball at a time. The bad games make the great games even better.

Amyers
12-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I feel your pain V. Bowled a 540 yesterday after being on a huge tear for awhile. It happens. Can only take one ball at a time. The bad games make the great games even better.

Glad to know that crap doesn't just happen to me. I bowl tonight so fingers crossed.

Mudpuppy
12-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Glad to know that crap doesn't just happen to me. I bowl tonight so fingers crossed.

It's always a roller coaster. I just try to ride out the good times as much as possible, savor the moment. Makes the bad times tolerable. Kind of like life in general. But in bowling, which to me is similar to a lot of sports like baseball or basketball, it seems there is usually two extremes - times that you can do no wrong that you get all the breaks and then times when you can do no right. So my bowling philosophy is just throw the next ball. And throw every ball the best you can. End of story. People can yell and complain sandbagging or accuse you of whatever but simply ignoring them and sticking to what you do makes them go away. They usually only say anything when you are winning. If they are winning they really don't care. And if they need to cheat to win then I step aside and allow them the victory. If it is that important - meaning if their life is so shallow and pathetic they need to win at bowling to have some small piece of happiness then by all means go for it. I won't lose sleep or get all depressed if I lose a game of bowling.

vdubtx
12-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Back to the grind after my disappointing result last Thursday. Was still weighing on me as I have always had that houses shot figured out. I just was not at all in any way focused that night.

Tuesday night in the low volume/high friction house.

I knew we were going to have a tough time winning tonight as our team, being one of the higher average teams in the league was getting some sticks.

Game 1 with my Disturbed started with a double, 10 pin, double and another 10 pin, made a slight adjustment and punched out for a 258. Opposing bowler had ran off 7 in a row before leaving a 4 pin in 10th frame and then a 6-7-10 in the fill and ended with a 256. As a team we lost by 23 pins.

Game 2 again stuck with Disturbed started with double, 7 pin, turkey, 3-6-9-10(time to start making moves as this was the first time I was high or not in the pocket all night), double, 4 pin, and another 4 pin in the fill for a 233. As a team we lost by 21 pins.

Game 3 with Disturbed and making some more adjustments to both feet and target down lane I had the front 5 before tugging and going heavy leaving 4-7-10. Struck, 6 pin, double and 4 pin in fill frame for a 234. Team mates really picked it up this game as we trounced them by 120 pins and took totals as well.

258-233-234 = 725

Felt good all night and my shot making was very good, I hit my target all night(with exception of 1 tug) and only had to make some small adjustments by watching ball reaction and how it was entering the pocket. :cool:

Going up against a good team like that and keeping it close, I knew we had a chance as long as the whole team picked up the slack from games 1 and 2. We are 1 game out of first place in the 2nd half of the season, we don't bowl again until 2015 and it will be 1 week of bowling then position round the following week.

Amyers
12-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Good night against a good team Keep it up

Mudpuppy
12-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Great series V

fortheloveofbowling
12-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Nice shootin!

Blacksox1
12-18-2014, 03:01 PM
725, you can't keep a good man down.

vdubtx
12-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys!

vdubtx
12-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Thursday fun league last time bowling until 2015!!

Given the recent success I have had with my Disturbed, I decided to switch things up for the night. Hyper Cell has been my go to ball in this house due to a higher volume of oil. First couple shots in practice with the Disturbed felt ok, got the Hyper Cell and the ball just would not finish for me. Tried again on next shot and same thing. So Disturbed it is.

Game 1 started with a double, then I stuck on the approach which swung the ball around me and went through the nose 4-6-7-10, struck, weak wrist and a bucket, double, again a bucket, 10 pin, then I increased the cupping in my wrist and had some very good reaction and punched out in the 10th for a hard fought 207

Game 2 continued with my good reaction and had the front 6, 7th frame went up and stuck on approach again and similar results 4-6-7-9-10, 10 pin, punched out for a nice 251.

Game 3 ditto on reaction 10 pin, 5 bagger, 10 pin, 10 pin, double and finally 10 pin in fill frame for a nice 247.

207-251-247 = 705
After starting out the way I did in the first game, I just made a few adjustments which ended up working really well for me. Overall happy with my results last night. 6/6 on my 10 pins, 71% strikes, 9.34 first ball average with only the 2 opens.

I think will have to take my Hyper Cell in to get it de-oiled. Has been a few weeks that the reaction has just been off. I have resurfaced it about 4-5 weeks ago and keep it clean after every session. Also have to check my slide heel and likely change it out. Have some time to get the equipment worked on with 2 weeks off for the holidays.

fortheloveofbowling
12-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Another nice set. Keep it going man!

vdubtx
01-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Tuesday competitive league at our low volume house. Was a bit worried I would have cob webs having not bowled much in the prior couple weeks. Had 2 practice sessions while away from leagues due to the holidays.

As I had in the past several weeks here, I stuck with my Disturbed and I am still going strong with it.

Game 1 started with a strike, went a bit fast and light leaving a 2-8-10 split, turkey, then light again leaving 2-8, 5 bagger then 4 pin in the fill for a 241.

Game 2 left an 8 pin to start, 4 bagger, 10 pin, dropped speed slightly leaving 3-6-10, slow again 3 pin, turkey and smash 9 in the fill for a 244.

Game 3 strike to start, lanes getting squirrely left 6-9-10, turkey, smash 9, 4 bagger and a 3-6-10 in the fill for a 246.

241-244-246 = 731
1 open, 68% strikes

I checked my stats, and since November 18th when I decided to go to and stick with the Disturbed in this house:
Averaging 238.83 through 18 games
First ball average 9.45
Strike 68%
Single Pin conversion 100%

Amyers
01-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Wow nice bowling keep it up.

Mudpuppy
01-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Nice work V

vdubtx
01-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Did some more analysis comparing my Tuesday and Thursday leagues and came across a very interesting stat. On Tuesdays through 51 games I had only left 35 10 pins. 1 10 pin leave for every 14.6 frames.

On Thursday however through 42 games I had left 67 10 pins!! 1 10 pin for every 6.3 frames of bowling. 40 of those 10 pins were with the Hyper Cell in 25 games of play.

That tells a couple things about ball choice and line that I am choosing for Thursdays.

bubba809
01-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Excellent bowling V. Out of curiosity, are Tues & Thurs on the same set of lanes?

vdubtx
01-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Excellent bowling V. Out of curiosity, are Tues & Thurs on the same set of lanes?

Thanks. No, Tuesday and Thursday are different houses. Tuesday is a lower volume higher friction house.

vdubtx
01-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Thursday Fun League

Cold night in Dallas area, night before temps were barely out of the teens. Upper 20's low 30's while bowling and we were on an end pair next to the door which made it feel like a blast chiller when it was opened. Even still, had a great night.

Game 1 using my Hyper Cell that was recently depleted of oil over the holidays, as it was not finishing on the lane, worked like a charm.

12 in a row for my 6th sanctioned 300 game. :cool:

Each and every strike were perfect in the pocket. Had a messenger take out the 10 pin in 6th frame, and the 6 pin take out 10 pin from the gutter in the 9th. Had a great look on the lanes and felt really good keeping myself calm and collected for each ball in the 10th frame.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/CF815D4E-1B86-49B5-880A-922F45984DC4_zps6ublbcpw.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/CF815D4E-1B86-49B5-880A-922F45984DC4_zps6ublbcpw.jpg.html)

Game 2 tried to keep my compsure from the adrenaline rush in the 1st game and started with a strike, got myself a little quick with my feet and left bucket, then again a little quick leaving 2-4. Got myself slower and doubled, then a pair of 10 pins. Once I started to see back row pins being left, I made a ball change to my Disturbed. Struck, 10 pin, then went quick again leaving 2-10 in 10th frame for a lackluster 192 and was brought back to reality. :D

Game 3 got myself together again and kept feet slow and started with front 4, before getting ball out a bit leaving 2-4-8-10. Strike, 4 pin, 10 pin, strike, 2-8, and finally strike in the fill for a 213.

300-192-213 = 705

Still a nice series that I would never pass up getting. But, after that 300 and adrenaline rush, it's hard to keep composure. Just could not stay in my zone and the league is a fun one anyway. Throughout the night had lots of friends coming to congratulate me as well. :cool:

mc_runner
01-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Nice! Congrats on the 300!

Amyers
01-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Congrats on another 300 !!! ;)

Mudpuppy
01-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Awesome. Congrats on the 300 V.

bubba809
01-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Wow that's great Tony. CONGRATS!!!

fortheloveofbowling
01-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Congrats!!!

vdubtx
01-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks all. :cool:

Blacksox1
01-12-2015, 05:33 PM
12 in a row for my 6th sanctioned 300 game. Congrats vdubtx. I predict #7 coming this spring.

vdubtx
01-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Tuesday night:

Coming off my 300 game last week on Thursday, I am only going to go as far as to say that Tuesday all wheels came off absolutely and completely off last night. For some reason last night no one was able to get anything going.

Won't go into details of each game, just know that the night started off with a pocket 7-10(1 of several for me last night).

183-165-182 = 530

My lowest set since I started recording and tracking my scores several years ago. That includes USBC Open Nationals!

Oh well, back at it on Thursday. Gotta take the good with the bad and keep rolling. :cool:

bubba809
01-14-2015, 02:30 PM
We all have them. I always say it's the law of averages. Had to make up for that 300..lol

Get 'em next week!

Hampe
01-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Woah....I missed your 300. Nice bowling dude!

bowl1820
01-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Congrats on the 300! I missed it too.

vdubtx
01-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Woah....I missed your 300. Nice bowling dude!

Congrats on the 300! I missed it too.

Thank you.

Maybe I should casually mention it in every post to be sure all know about it. Haha!!

fortheloveofbowling
01-14-2015, 08:25 PM
What is your tournament schedule looking like? Most local associations tournaments are around feb-march in addition to national and state before summer. Do you have some lined up in the next 5-6 months?

Amyers
01-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Some days your the bug some days your the windshield!! Good Luck

vdubtx
01-15-2015, 11:52 PM
Well, almost did it again. The lanes only cooperated for 1 game tonight. First and third games were brutal. Couple back row splits - pocket 7-10's and also some 8-10's thrown in for good measure.

10 pin was very sticky tonight. That is the pin that tripped me up in game 2.

180-299-200 = 679

Used Hyper Cell tonight.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/F1BFF444-E3DE-4245-A125-3437801D031E_zps9uwmqdha.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/F1BFF444-E3DE-4245-A125-3437801D031E_zps9uwmqdha.jpg.html)

fortheloveofbowling
01-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Probably not your preferred way to get you average. Congrats on the 299 though.

vdubtx
01-16-2015, 12:33 AM
LOL. Definitely not the way I like to get my average.

Amyers
01-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Well I would live with the rest to get the 299 though!

bubba809
01-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Another great game Vdub!

Damn 10 pin!

vdubtx
01-21-2015, 10:34 AM
Good set on my Tuesday league.

Game 1 using Disturbed started with a turkey, got a little quick and left a bucket, strung the next 7 then an 8 count in the fill for a nice start and a 274

Game 2 started with front 6, then went slightly high leaving 4 pin. Turkey then smash 9 pin in the fill for a 268. (274+368=542 higher than my whole set last week)

Game 3 started with strike, went light leaving 2-5, bit slow leaving 3-10 and I picked out the 3 pin for my only open of the night. Turkey, 6-9-10, 4 bagger and finally an 8 count in the fill for a 232.

274-268-232 = 774

I knew by the 3rd frame of game 3, when I went heavy, I wasn't going to finish out this set the way I wanted to. Missing that baby split and punching out would have put me at 257 for the game and a 799 series. In any case, felt good all night and was rolling the ball really well. I changed up my thumb tape before starting and actually added a piece vs the usual 1 piece I typically use. Had read an article about a tighter thumb hole and decided to give it a try. I used 1 piece of the 1" wide white tape, then used 1 piece of 3/4" gray "real bowlers tape" over that slightly tiered. Felt pretty good and will also try it on my Hyper Cell tomorrow night.

mc_runner
01-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Nice series!

Amyers
01-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Nice Series Vdub

Mark O
01-21-2015, 12:52 PM
Man you've been on fire recently, great bowling!

bubba809
01-21-2015, 01:51 PM
You da man Vdub!

fortheloveofbowling
01-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Nice bowling, keep it up.

vdubtx
01-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Thank you all. Has been a nice few months of bowling. :)

FTLOB, forgot to answer your question regarding upcoming tournament schedules.

Next weekend I will be bowling a Youth/Adult tournament in Oklahoma City with my nephew who asked if I would bowl with him. :cool: Of course I will.

Nationals scheduled May 27-28.
City and State both are in process of scheduling.

Will also bowl a few smaller tournaments whenever I can fit into my weekend schedule. Moving into a new house in a few weeks, so that will keep me pretty busy on weekend.

Hampe
01-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Nice shooting man.....and also good luck on your upcoming tournaments :D.

Hehe, I just went back to look at some of your videos you posted a while back....I gotta say I really like your game :). It's similar to mine, just more refined and consistent :D.

vdubtx
01-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Nice shooting man.....and also good luck on your upcoming tournaments :D.

Hehe, I just went back to look at some of your videos you posted a while back....I gotta say I really like your game :). It's similar to mine, just more refined and consistent :D.

Thank you. :cool:

Game is ever evolving with little tweaks here and there. Another video I did recently working on my footwork and balance at the line. Getting a lot better at that since my coaching session last summer. Next thing to work on is my early rotation of the ball on my down swing. Need to learn to stay a bit more behind the ball for a bit longer and then rotate. Preferably from what I have been told, until after the ball has cleared my ankle. That will be worked on in the coming months.

http://youtu.be/AvqqblYyzSc

bubba809
01-22-2015, 02:02 PM
I would do anything to be as consistent as you. That's my biggest problem. I have inconsistent ball speed and I've been told my arm swing is inconsistent. I throw three good balls, then something different. I've been that way for 20 years now so I'm not expecting anything different.

Keep up the great bowling.

vdubtx
01-26-2015, 12:47 AM
Forgot to put up my Thursday scores:

186-225-231 = 642

Some bad carry and a missed 10 pin in game 1.

vdubtx
01-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Tuesday night was just about average for me:

246-215-212 = 673

Used Disturbed game 1 and 9 frames of game 2. Switched to Hyper Cell on left lane in 10th frame and punched out to help team win the game by 9 pins. Was just not getting good carry in 3rd game using Disturbed on right side so in 6th frame I switched to Hyper Cell and sent it swinging, had a 4 bagger and then carry left me again.

2 opens on the night for me. 2-4-10 split and a 2-5 where I chopped the 2 off and left the 5 standing. Picked up a 4-9 split to somewhat redeem myself.

vdubtx
01-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Very mediocre night for me. I was just all over the place with my targetting. Pull one left, next time let it sail right......

218-206-203 = 627

Spare shooting was pretty good, missed 1 10 pin and picked 2 pins out of a bucket as my only opens of the night, but picked up a 2-10 split.

vdubtx
02-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Went up to Oklahoma for a quick weekend. My nephew(11) who has recently gotten into bowling asked me to bowl a Youth/Adult doubles tournament with him. He started league bowling this past year and is really enjoying it. He bowls out at the same place where they hold the PBA Summer Swing in Shawnee, OK. Great little center that has an awesome youth director as well.

The tournament we bowled was the Sooner State Games. Had a great time with him and we ended up taking 2nd place - Silver Medalists! He was so excited to get a medal.

The shot they put out was interesting. Lanes were flooded with oil. I ended up having to play down and in, not my typical style. Ended shooting 671 to my nephews 344. :cool:

Hadn't ever heard of the State Games, but apparently we have been invited to bowl in the National State Games tournament that is being held in Omaha, NE end of July. Will see if we are able to head up there for that.

epiepenburg
02-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Wow, congrats!

Amyers
02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Congrats to you and your nephew

fortheloveofbowling
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Went up to Oklahoma for a quick weekend. My nephew(11) who has recently gotten into bowling asked me to bowl a Youth/Adult doubles tournament with him. He started league bowling this past year and is really enjoying it. He bowls out at the same place where they hold the PBA Summer Swing in Shawnee, OK. Great little center that has an awesome youth director as well.

The tournament we bowled was the Sooner State Games. Had a great time with him and we ended up taking 2nd place - Silver Medalists! He was so excited to get a medal.

The shot they put out was interesting. Lanes were flooded with oil. I ended up having to play down and in, not my typical style. Ended shooting 671 to my nephews 344. :cool:

Hadn't ever heard of the State Games, but apparently we have been invited to bowl in the National State Games tournament that is being held in Omaha, NE end of July. Will see if we are able to head up there for that.

Congrats to both of you and good luck in the other tournament!

Hampe
02-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Congrats dude.....That's pretty cool! It's always fun to help a new bowler get their first award :). I'm sure it's something your nephew will remember for a long time.

vdubtx
02-04-2015, 12:37 AM
Having a REALLY good last 30 days.

Tuesday night competitive league in our low volume house.

Game 1 started with a pair of 10 pins, converted both of those and then left a 5 count not even hitting the head pin. Picked myself up after that and ran off the next 9 in a row to finish with a 251.

Game 2 added 12 more to the string for a total of 21 straight and my 7th sanctioned 300 game. :cool:

Game 3 started with 4-6-7, strike, 10 pin, turkey, big 4, 3-6, turkey and another big 4 in the fill for a 207

251-300-207 = 758 :cool:
Used my Disturbed all night.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/2591820A-D8BE-41DF-BF2B-71E7C7387823_zps0vuhwltt.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Vdubtx/media/2591820A-D8BE-41DF-BF2B-71E7C7387823_zps0vuhwltt.jpg.html)

Blacksox1
02-04-2015, 02:00 AM
12 in a row for my 6th sanctioned 300 game. Congrats vdubtx. I predict #7 coming this spring.

Must be spring in Texas :D congrats on #7