PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

The KingPin
12-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Christmas is more than gifts and money, yet if you did get something, what was it that you really liked?

NoTapNorm
12-25-2008, 02:01 PM
My wife gave me a new Sirius Stiletto radio to replace the old Sportster that was going out....been playing with it all afternoon

kev3inp
12-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I got 3 Star Trek ornaments for this year. I've been collecting the ship ornaments for years now. I got some calendars and some great t shirts, a 4 cd set of 60's and 70's music from San Francisco, and a set of original series Star Trek Pez dispensers. And permission to buy another ball! The best thing was the food, though. Italian beef sandwiches and a fondue on the eve, and turkey and ham for Christmas dinner. I love feast days!

onefrombills
12-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Christmas is more than gifts and money, yet if you did get something, what was it that you really liked?

what you get Chris....We all know what I got !!!!!

The KingPin
12-28-2008, 03:10 AM
what you get Chris....We all know what I got !!!!!

well I got a new golf bag and many moose decor items for my home. I enjoy a rustic looking theme, and moose items just seem to fit. I am on the hunt for a moose chandelier and some pine poles for corners trim work.

Thanks for asking.

The KingPin
12-28-2008, 03:13 AM
I got 3 Star Trek ornaments for this year. I've been collecting the ship ornaments for years now. I got some calendars and some great t shirts, a 4 cd set of 60's and 70's music from San Francisco, and a set of original series Star Trek Pez dispensers. And permission to buy another ball! The best thing was the food, though. Italian beef sandwiches and a fondue on the eve, and turkey and ham for Christmas dinner. I love feast days!

So you are a star trek fan? Any special star you enjoy watching? I liked the old star treks with the little creatures called "Tribbles"?

I watched some of the next generation, yet deep space nine lost my viewing and star trek all together.

kev3inp
12-28-2008, 08:50 AM
So you are a star trek fan? Any special star you enjoy watching? I liked the old star treks with the little creatures called "Tribbles"?

I watched some of the next generation, yet deep space nine lost my viewing and star trek all together.

Yeah, I was, and I guess still am, a big Trek fan. It took me a bit to warm up to the Next Generation, and the others were OK, but I'm in no hurry to collect their dvd's. I've got the whole original series and the first 3 seasons of the Next Generation. I used to collect the alien action figures but they're all in a box in the closet now.

Funny you should mention the Tribbles. One of this year's ornaments is Kirk standing in a pile of them. You press the button and he says lines from the episode and Tribbles fall from the open hatch and hit him in the head. Here's a link to their catalog page:

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article|10001|10051|/HallmarkSite/KeepsakeOrnaments/2008DreamBook/2008_DREAM_ONLINE_01|stores

A couple of episodes that stand out from TOS are "the Menagerie" where Spock hijacks the Enterprise to bring his old captain to the forbidden planet, and "Amok Time" when he has to go back to Vulcan to get some or go nuts.

ArtVandelay
12-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Just got back from New Jersey. I got to spend Christmas with my family, got to see my great Aunt who is now 90 years old and still as spunky as ever! I got to go into New York City twice for some good food and entertainment. Most importantly, I got to feel like I was at home for Christmas for the first time in a very long time.

Texas just doesn't do it for me. It never has, and it never will.

onefrombills
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
well I got a new golf bag and many moose decor items for my home. I enjoy a rustic looking theme, and moose items just seem to fit. I am on the hunt for a moose chandelier and some pine poles for corners trim work.

Thanks for asking.

Thats very cool my friend !!!!

Iceman
12-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Well -ahem- My wife got me more techy toys. Blue Ray Disc Player, 4 Blue Ray Movies (Of Course Dark Night was 1 of them). DVD HD Camcorder, and all the accessories. Oh yeah, and the Visionary Bowling Platinum membership. I just got her a new Digital Camera and Japanese Akoya Pearl necklace. That my friends - gave me a few late nights out of "that's ok honey". Lol.

ArtVandelay
12-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Well -ahem- My wife got me more techy toys. Blue Ray Disc Player, 4 Blue Ray Movies (Of Course Dark Night was 1 of them). DVD HD Camcorder, and all the accessories. Oh yeah, and the Visionary Bowling Platinum membership. I just got her a new Digital Camera and Japanese Akoya Pearl necklace. That my friends - gave me a few late nights out of "that's ok honey". Lol.

Our economy thanks your Wife. hahahahahahaha. ;) That's a pretty good Christmas, my friend. Enjoy the toys.

Oyobiia
01-01-2009, 09:49 PM
I got an iMac 20"

Anni1
01-03-2009, 08:45 PM
The best thing for me about Christmas was spending it with my family.

But I did get an IPod and family pictures and a nice hoodie.

The KingPin
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
My wife gave me a new Sirius Stiletto radio to replace the old Sportster that was going out....been playing with it all afternoon

Do you have any favorite stations?

The KingPin
01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
The best thing for me about Christmas was spending it with my family.

But I did get an IPod and family pictures and a nice hoodie.

I agree with you Anni Family is number one in my book

NoTapNorm
01-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Do you have any favorite stations?

I've got 3 presets: RadioMargaritaville (31), Blue Collar comedy (103) and NASCAR (128). When the wife/kids are in the car, we shuffle around between Channel 1 (top 45) and the 80's and 90's.

Joachim
01-07-2009, 05:36 AM
i got a wii which was a pleasant surprise, it was what i wanted and now I can play bowling in my own house :)