PDA

View Full Version : Team Names (pushing the envelope)

ArtVandelay
09-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Alright... So I'm in a really fun league, and team name creativity is important. We went with one that is REALLY, REALLY pushing the envelope (so much so that I don't even think I'm going to post it here). And it's hilarious. But it makes me uncomfortable, too... And the puns are almost too numerous to count.

But it got me thinking:

It's a small league. We all know eachother pretty well. I don't think there will be a problem with our league. But does the USBC have any kinds of rules about team names being appropriate? I did a search but couldn't find anything...

MICHAEL
09-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Are you going to leave us HANGING!!! LOL.... Ok... put on your title, and this will work, "This has a ratting of R"!! Do not proceed if you are under the age of 18!!
Problem solved? Ok... what is it?

Aslan
09-05-2013, 03:27 AM
(so much so that I don't even think I'm going to post it here).

Lame.

The best name I've heard back in the day was "Texual Chocolate"....referring to the Kwame Kilpatrick texting scandal combined with the band from "Coming to America".

Jaescrub
09-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Must be from Mi to know all about that.

ArtVandelay
09-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Alright... The following post may contain content some might find inappropriate (or hilarious)

ArtVandelay
09-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Our team name (all of our last names are German...) is: The Third Streich.

So far, some of the puns we've come up with are:
Strike with Fuhrer
We want a lot of (Karl) Marx
If I leave a split, I'll be so mad I'll invade Poland.
Quit your Stalin'!
Not another NEIN!!!

Yeah, we're all going to hell! It's actually a team name we'd been throwing around for about 5 years, but never had the guts to use it. This year, someone stole one of our other team names (Big Bowl Movement) and our team captain put us down for that instead.

MICHAEL
09-05-2013, 09:34 AM

Strike with Fuhrer
Quit your Stalin'!
Not another NEIN!!!

Yeah, we're all going to hell! It's actually a team name we'd been throwing around for about 5 years, but never had the guts to use it. This year, someone stole one of our other team names (Big Bowl Movement) and our team captain put us down for that instead.

lol,,, I like Quit your Stalin, Not another NEIN,,, well, actually they are all rather funny/in a punie sort of way!"

vdubtx
09-05-2013, 10:27 AM
ArtVandelay,

While the names are a bit racy, I wouldn't count them out. The USBC would really care less, it would likely be someone in the center that would say something and then the league officers would discuss it.

We typically get the raunchy type names, 4 Balls 2 Splits(for a 2 man-2 woman team) and the like.

My Thursday night team this year will be Splits for Brains. We have also been I Can't Believe It's Not Gutter, WGAS(Who Gives A S#!$), Rockin' Pins, etc.

Aslan
09-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Must be from Mi to know all about that.

Yes...I am.

Everyone from California is originally from somewhere else. Mexico primarily...followed closely by anywhere in Asia, followed by Oregon, then Northern California, then Idaho. And the annoying thing is...everyone originally from Northern California, Oregon, or Idaho...all they talk about is how much they miss it...as if Ariel Castro is chaining them to their houses in SoCal....friggin MOVE already. I'm for anybody moving out of SoCal so I don't have to deal with as much traffic.

But yes, grew up and lived most of my life in Michigan.

Aslan
09-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Strike with Fuhrer
Quit your Stalin'!
Not another NEIN!!!

Those names are not only not offensive....they aren't even funny. Let me help ya out:
- Sour Krauts
- Old Ausfarts
- Ich Liebe Dich Strikes
- Haarschmuckfachgeschäfts

You're welcome.

Jaescrub
09-05-2013, 12:54 PM
My wife is from Canton her hole fam is from there still lives all over warren, down river, Rich and poor places even some in the UP.