PDA

View Full Version : Whos your favorite bowler past or present

e-tank
09-08-2013, 02:22 AM
I have a couple first off being dick weber because he was the first bowler i began watching and i like his smooth style. Once i began to learn my style better i started watching more pete weber for his arm swing and axis tilt, chris barnes for his set up and cupped wrist staying behind the ball in the swing. With that being said id say my style is more closely related to sean rash than anything.

How about you?

striker12
09-08-2013, 07:11 AM
my favorite bowler is mike fagan

MICHAEL
09-08-2013, 09:27 AM
ICEMAN,,,, please remove me from Your Choice.... Would NOT be fair to chose me, for I am a Super Hero, Not a mere mortal.... Iceman

Aslan
09-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Still haven't decided. Gun to my head, Walter Ray Williams. Maybe Earl Anthony as a 2nd. Maybe Carmen Salvino? If I had to go with a newer bowler...maybe, maybe Scott Norton? But I have a feeling given my attitude, age, preferences, turn-offs, and old school approach...I'm gonna end up with a PBA50 favorite more so than the young pups.

Definitely not Belmonte or Rash...too immature. And even though I like Norm Duke and Pete Weber's technique...I don't like the arrogance.

e-tank
09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
lol i find pdw pretty funny

i think it was the tournament of champions last year where he was getting into it with a fan for moving

Aslan
09-08-2013, 03:33 PM
lol i find pdw pretty funny

i think it was the tournament of champions last year where he was getting into it with a fan for moving

Yeah...big turn off for me.

Stormed1
09-08-2013, 04:42 PM
My all time favorite would be Dick Weber. A great ambassador for bowling, a true gentleman and a great friend. Of the modern era players PDW and Chris Barnes

Hammer
09-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Current bowler Norm Duke and before him Earl Anthony.

mike_thomas93
09-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Hmm I'd probably say I'm more on the Hall of famer side, I guess. Guys like WRW, PDW, Parker, Norm. Veterans like Chris Barnes, Mika, Wes, TJ. Younger guys, I'd say Ryan Ciminelli, Sean Rash, Belmo, etc. I like watching all the pros. I just enjoy watching bowling itself(:

Bizwan65
09-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Growing up I was a fan of Earl Anthony. Of today's current players I'm partial to the older guys (PDW, Duke, WRWJr and Bohn). I also like Doug Kent, Ronnie Russell and Chris Loschetter since my son bowled with them at the Masters pro-am in Feb.

e-tank
09-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I watched the match where loschetter won his first major, was is this last year? Anyways manly tears where shed. Congrats to him

Bizwan65
09-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Think both Loschetter and Russell won their first PBA title this past spring after bowling with my son. LOL I should pimp him out as a good luck charm.

J Anderson
09-09-2013, 09:17 AM
I have a couple first off being dick weber because he was the first bowler i began watching and i like his smooth style. Once i began to learn my style better i started watching more pete weber for his arm swing and axis tilt, chris barnes for his set up and cupped wrist staying behind the ball in the swing. With that being said id say my style is more closely related to sean rash than anything.

How about you?

I hate to pick a single favorite in anything. I admit that as a kid watching with my dad on Saturday afternoons it would have been Dick Weber. If Dick wasn't on the show I would root for Don Johnson, Earl Anthony, Gary Dickenson, or Carmen Salvino.

Now I would say my favorites divide into to groups. The first are the ones whose technique is graceful to watch; Johnny Petraglia, Parker Bohn III, Richard Wolfe, and Shannon Pluhowsky. The second group are the ones who realize that professional sport are as much entertainment as competition. PDW would lead this group if it wasn't that I can't stand him for the fact that he's not his dad. For me this group is headed by Brian Voss and includes Guppy Troup, Dale Eagle, Norm Duke, Carmen Salvino, and Danny Wiseman. Actually with Wiseman its that I like the shirts and the fact that he used to throw a twenty year old rubber ball at his single pin spares.

The German Shepherd
09-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Earl Anthony for his class and skill and Mark Roth because he was an animal...

Jay

MICHAEL
09-10-2013, 05:30 PM
The Ice Man

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/mikeholdingwinningball3_zpsc140050c.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/mikeholdingwinningball3_zpsc140050c.jpg.html)

Aslan
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
The Ice Man

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/mikeholdingwinningball3_zpsc140050c.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/mikeholdingwinningball3_zpsc140050c.jpg.html)

He used to be my favorite until he got my name wrong CONSTANTLY and someone spread that nasty rumor about the Vietnam prostitute.

;) :confused: :D

e-tank
09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
He used to be my favorite until he got my name wrong CONSTANTLY and someone spread that nasty rumor about the Vietnam prostitute.

;) :confused: :D

lol ive noticed quite a few people calling you asian when its actually aslan

MICHAEL
09-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Love, Peace!! Best wishes!! LOL

Aslan
09-10-2013, 06:16 PM
In reality, is name is of no consequence to ME! Any one that would make such a statement, must be prostitute chaser himself!! I do not want to waste my time defending my good name. ICEMAN....

Alright Pete Weber...settle down. The fan had an itch...just throw the ball.

MICHAEL
09-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Alright Pete Weber...settle down. The fan had an itch...just throw the ball.

Ok,,, OK,,, Asia,,,, I will try to settle down my Pete Weber temper!! Ok,,, wow,,,, I am having a hard time,,,,,, give me a minute ,,,,,,, or maybe two!!! Now,,,,, Iam back to normal,,, Ok!! It's not good when Iceman gets hot,,, I lose too much weight!! But its all water!! LOL

Aslan
09-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I am not the prostitute chaser, YOU ARE,,,, I am not the one YOU ARE,,, Who do you think you ARE! Your the chaser!!

Settle down Mr. Weber...there's no way that housefly in the snack bar distracted you...you can't even see it from here. And we can't make the guy in the corner shave his beard...just roll.

Sidenote....why would someone who frequents said small business women be a "chaser"? They aren't really running away. I just think maybe "chaser" is a little less accurate. Not to be picky...but if we're going to make imaginary verbal exchanges about imaginary people with imaginary scenarios...we should try to keep things consistent...my opinion.

e-tank
09-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Do i have to tell the board about what happened to you in cabo san lucas last summer iceman?

Aslan
09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Do i have to tell the board about what happened to you in cabo san lucas last summer iceman?

And Iceman...not to deflect the criticism and accusations of inpropritry from my doorstep...but etank does live in San Diego. Famous for what? A zoo. And what ELSE...being across the border from Tijuana. And what is Tijuana famous for?? Drug related cartel killings. But what else? Prostitutes and debauchery.

So...enuff said.

e-tank
09-10-2013, 09:50 PM
And Iceman...not to deflect the criticism and accusations of inpropritry from my doorstep...but etank does live in San Diego. Famous for what? A zoo. And what ELSE...being across the border from Tijuana. And what is Tijuana famous for?? Drug related cartel killings. But what else? Prostitutes and debauchery.

So...enuff said.

however you live close to incahoots....and i know what goes on there sir!

Aslan
09-10-2013, 09:59 PM
however you live close to incahoots....and i know what goes on there sir!

Actually, since you're under 21...you DON'T know what goes on there. Unless it's Thursday night...when they let 18 and up people in there. Why? To make me feel old and creepy. On Thursdays, Aslan on the prowl sounds like this:

Aslan: "Hello ladies. I couldn't help but notice...okay then, I guess I'll talk to ya...or well okay bye then..."

And thats on a GOOD night...when I'm lookin good. On a bad night...they actually respond and don't just walk away....and thats when it gets brutal...like this:

Aslan: "Hi there. I like your boots."
Girl: "Oh my God....are you hitting on me? Oh my GAWD...that is so gross!! How OLD are you?? Like 50? You're like my dad's age. Why would you even come over here? Why would you even go to a bar on college night? Wait...stay here...I want to bring my friends over to see this!!" :rolleyes: :o

e-tank
09-10-2013, 10:17 PM
lol im under 21? No whey

vdubtx
09-10-2013, 11:36 PM
My favorite bowlers are Chris Barnes since he is local to the DFW area and Wes Malott, another bowler from Texas.

Actually bowled with Wes Mallott many years ago in a PBA Regional pro-am, this was before he made it big in the PBA Tour. Real nice guy.

MICHAEL
09-11-2013, 01:21 AM
ME
The ICEMAN Really!!!http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/mikeholdingwinningball5_zps9e1179a6.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/mikeholdingwinningball5_zps9e1179a6.jpg.html)

MICHAEL
09-11-2013, 09:40 PM

So...enuff said.

You Have A POT-E-Mouth! My God man, this is a pg-13 forum!! Your typing about prostitutes, and Drugs.... Clean it up Asia!!! Clean it up!!

e-tank
09-11-2013, 10:00 PM
You Have A POT-E-Mouth! My God man, this is a pg-13 forum!! Your typing about prostitutes, and Drugs.... Clean it up Asia!!! Clean it up!!

iceman has a point Asia

Aslan
09-11-2013, 10:35 PM
iceman has a point Asia

Don't encourage him. He hasn't been to a theatre since before PG-13 was a rating...or he'd know that some VERY good PG-13 movies have dropped some very famous F bombs...Anchorman, Million Dollar Baby, Dodgeball, Billy Madison, Days of Thunder, The Wedding Singer...shall I go on??? No...okay then. Next topic.

MICHAEL
09-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Where is that picture, Mr Handsome,,, and I am not taking about your Best Friends Photo, you! I want to put a face with the sarcasm!! If you know what I mean! I am sure you think your very funny, in fact you said you were the funniest!! I just want to see if you look as funny and you sound! LOL..... I have a good hunch you do!! (:) You sound desperate to bowl with bunny.. I could tell it hit your REAL HARD, when you found out that there was a Mr. Bunny!! LOL.... Mrs bunny must be desperate to want you to bowl on her team also..... mr 129!! Your a real game breaker I bet... LOL

Aslan
09-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Thats some old skool gangster style hatin!

There goes my vision of Iceman as a warm and loving Grandpa type....now I think he's sorta mean...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/group-cry.gif

MICHAEL
09-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Thats some old skool gangster style hatin!

There goes my vision of Iceman as a warm and loving Grandpa type....now I think he's sorta mean...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/group-cry.gif

Hey, I am WARM, Caring, and Protective of all my friends and loved ones!! But when someone out of the blue call's me a whore chaser, WELL lets say I have my limits! You Pushed the Wrong Button. Keep things on a Civil clean level, and ICEMAN could be your BEST FRIEND! Post that Picture Aslan, let us see the real you! I could still be you friend, just ask for my forgiveness! When I was in Nam, I never chased anything but gooks!! But that's something I would like to forget, and not talk about! Just say those TWO WORDS Aslan, FORGIVE ME, and post your picture, and all will be well! A clean new slate... go back and erase the statements you made about me chasing (you know what's)!! Be a man! Do the right thing, in god's name!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/ee6f6047-c383-4f52-b997-ed554edc87f7_zpsc270f8e2.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/ee6f6047-c383-4f52-b997-ed554edc87f7_zpsc270f8e2.jpg.html)

Aslan
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
I feel like David Spade arguing with Gary Busey in the movie Black Sheep.

I'd post the quote....but I don't think it's gonna help...so....I'll just nod politely, tip my hat...and shuffle briskly stage left. ;)

30 Clean
09-16-2013, 10:21 AM
For "old school" bowled, I liked Earl Anthony. He was always so smooth with his delivery. Also liked Dick Weber a lot.

Arc&Roll
09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Always liked Marshal Holman, Mark Roth and Amletto Monacelli. Current players would Norm Duke and Chris Barnes. Someone obscure I liked to watch was Dave Husted. Am I getting old?

Zaxmazr
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
For the classic style, Norm Duke.
Currently, Belmonte.