PDA

View Full Version : Contest Sep 09, 2013 to Sep 15, 2013 - Storm Hy-Road Pearl

BowlingBoards.com
09-09-2013, 12:06 AM
We are giving away a Storm Hy-Road Pearl for a random poster from Sep 09, 2013 through Sep 15, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

MICHAEL
09-09-2013, 01:03 AM
May the best Person win!!! Grape Ball!! Who won the Beatdown?

vdubtx
09-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Good luck all.

bowl1820
09-09-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm in! Whoopie!

STRYKER
09-09-2013, 06:46 AM
good luck to all

JDHamm85
09-09-2013, 09:11 AM
What are the odds that next week's ball will be another beatdown? Heh.

MICHAEL
09-09-2013, 11:22 AM
What are the odds that next week's ball will be another beatdown? Heh.

I could think of worse things!! LOL.... I would take another in a heart beat....

Bunny
09-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Love, want, need this ball. It's a perfect fit between my First Blood and Maxim spare ball. That would complete my arsenal. I've heard good things about this ball. Apparently, it's good on a variety of conditions.

Perrin
09-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Good Luck everyone :)

wolf army soldier
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Our season just started. Would be great to have a new ball!

bigjimbo316
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Would love to win this ball, please pick me!

Aslan
09-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Whoa...another Hy Road Pearl...another chance for me to DOMINATE the forum boards and win it!!!

ragstormfan
09-09-2013, 08:41 PM
This would be the perfect pearlized option for me and my game! I'm a Storm fan for sure!

e-tank
09-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Whoa...another Hy Road Pearl...another chance for me to DOMINATE the forum boards and win it!!!

sadly its prob gonna be fb this week. i think the last 4 contests went to forum members. Although maybe this is how theyre gonna get more people from fb to join here by making the majority of winners board members again?

GoodGravy
09-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Ahhhhh..yet another opportunity to be disappointed!!! I'm struggling between buying this ball or waiting another few weeks to get the Reign On...IF I win this ball, I won't have to think so hard.....

Jaescrub
09-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Any one else feel like smashing the bowling equipment they have and just finding something else's to do for fun?

Aslan
09-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Any one else feel like smashing the bowling equipment they have and just finding something else's to do for fun?

You mean after bowling a 96?? After 3 frames of -/9, -/9, -/7? Or the fact that I can't seem to pick up a &$^^#$ 10 pin spare!!?? Is there ANY rhyme or reason why I'd throw the ball in the gutter on the first throw nearly HALF the time?? You mean days like that!?

Yeah...I've had days like that (today).

striker12
09-10-2013, 09:12 AM
would not mind trying this ball would might do good when i get the iq tour pearl so i can drill 1 pin up and the other pin down

Angelkids4x
09-10-2013, 10:08 AM
I have used storm and have always wanted to try a hyroad--the pearl would be great

The German Shepherd
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
This is a geat piece of equipment....really want one of these.

Jay

Rhoads
09-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Would love to win this ball, please pick me!

MICHAEL
09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick the winner!!! Please PICK my wife.... I did pick her! And she Likes this ball almost as much as Iceman PICKING ICE! Please don't be picky! Pick Joyce! Just remember, a PICK in time, should always rhyme? LOL

e-tank
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM
maybe you should PICK a fight with bowlingboards so that he'll PICK your wife but hopefully not with a toot PICK!

mike_thomas93
09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Eh it'd be my first Storm ball. Why not? Worthwhile

Aslan
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Eh it'd be my first Storm ball. Why not? Worthwhile

But I don't think Storm wants you endorsing their products. You DV8 guys are usually Storm haters.

I LOVE Storm products. Not so much when they "scent" them...that's unnecessary. But other than THAT...I'd make a GREAT Storm Products Ambassador!!

e-tank
09-10-2013, 09:49 PM
But I don't think Storm wants you endorsing their products. You DV8 guys are usually Storm haters.

I LOVE Storm products. Not so much when they "scent" them...that's unnecessary. But other than THAT...I'd make a GREAT Storm Products Ambassador!!

as a semi dv8 guy i only hate storm cuz storm is everywhere. Other than that i love the balls AND the scents

Aslan
09-10-2013, 09:53 PM
i love the balls AND the scents

1) What a kiss a--!!
2) Can I quote you saying that in my signature??

e-tank
09-10-2013, 10:13 PM
1) What a kiss a--!!
2) Can I quote you saying that in my signature??

only if you compensate me

mike_thomas93
09-10-2013, 10:41 PM
For your information, Aslan, I do not hate Storm. I actually considered almost trying it out, but it so happens that something suddenly came up. I needed something that will fit my game, and that's where I discovered DV8. Second, I was throwing a lot of Brunswick equipment before, so I was pretty much in the same pact anyway. But just because I'm a DV8 guy doesn't mean I'm a Storm hater. I support every bowling company and their exhilarating equipment, but everyone has their own preferences, and they do not need to be criticized. Being judgmental is just a waste of time.

mike_thomas93
09-10-2013, 10:43 PM
I second that. I like the different fragrances of the Storm balls, but just because I don't throw their stuff doesn't mean I hate the company by and large. Everyone has their own preferences, and darn should be proud of them. As long as every bowler likes what they throw, they should not go wrong about it.

striker12
09-11-2013, 09:24 AM
one thing i think bowlingboards needs to give away bowling balls from other bowling brands because im trying to get 1 bowling ball from each company and test them all out and see witch ones i like the most

Aslan
09-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I second that. I like the different fragrances of the Storm balls, but just because I don't throw their stuff doesn't mean I hate the company by and large. Everyone has their own preferences, and darn should be proud of them. As long as every bowler likes what they throw, they should not go wrong about it.

Did you just "second" yourself?

I think only Iceman is allowed to make a statement and the second it. I'll have to check the by laws.

I was just razzing...I think Storm is a company a lot of players like to hate because they're everywhere and they made balls with fragarences. I mean, really? You want a guy that looks like Uncle Buck standing there sniffing his ball ad smiling and saying, "Yum yum...it smells like birthday cake!" Thats just weird. But...I will point out that Hammer had a similar reputation of "being everywhere" about 15-20 years ago. Sometimes a company gets so "cool" that it becomes "cool" not to like them. But other than that (fragarences)...I like Storm products....I don't have a favorite.

My favorite company...is the one that gives me a ball and shows me how to throw it. So...Roto Grip, Brunswick, Storm, Columbia, Track...if you want me to Like you on Facebook, call you my "favorite" and someday bowl for you professionally (someday....someday)....give me a ball and some lessons...then I'm YOUR's FOREVER!! Thunderbuddies for LIFE!

MICHAEL
09-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Did you just "second" yourself?

I think only Iceman is allowed to make a statement and the second it. I'll have to check the by laws.

I was just razzing...I think Storm is a company a lot of players like to hate because they're everywhere and they made balls with fragarences. I mean, really? You want a guy that looks like Uncle Buck standing there sniffing his ball ad smiling and saying, "Yum yum...it smells like birthday cake!" Thats just weird. But...I will point out that Hammer had a similar reputation of "being everywhere" about 15-20 years ago. Sometimes a company gets so "cool" that it becomes "cool" not to like them. But other than that (fragarences)...I like Storm products....I don't have a favorite.

My favorite company...is the one that gives me a ball and shows me how to throw it. So...Roto Grip, Brunswick, Storm, Columbia, Track...if you want me to Like you on Facebook, call you my "favorite" and someday bowl for you professionally (someday....someday)....give me a ball and some lessons...then I'm YOUR's FOREVER!! Thunderbuddies for LIFE!

WORK ON GETTING that average up to a solid 130, and maybe,,,,,JUST maybe they might consider sponsoring you.....LOL...(:)

Aslan
09-11-2013, 01:54 PM
WORK ON GETTING that average up to a solid 130, and maybe,,,,,JUST maybe they might consider sponsoring you.....LOL...(:)

You'd think they'd sponsor me just purely because I'm handsome and have a charming personality....but thus far they have not returned my calls. SO I guess I gotta do it the hard way! ;)

manke
09-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Storm has the most of the best bowlers on tour thats why they sell so many more balls.

Aslan
09-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Storm has the most of the best bowlers on tour thats why they sell so many more balls.

Or they can afford to sponsor more bowlers because they sell more balls...hmmmm??? Chicken? Egg?

mike_thomas93
09-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Ha Ha Ha veeery funny ;p

MICHAEL
09-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Ha Ha Ha veeery funny ;p

Don't encourage him Mike,,,, he's not a MIKE!!!

mike_thomas93
09-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I wasn't making it a laughing matter, Ice. I was being sarcastic. I'll take ur word for that still

MICHAEL
09-12-2013, 08:27 AM
I wasn't making it a laughing matter, Ice. I was being sarcastic. I'll take ur word for that still

LOL..... I was just kidding..... (:)

mike_thomas93
09-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Suuuure you were. I knew that :pp

MICHAEL
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Suuuure you were. I knew that :pp
I knew you knew that!!

vdubtx
09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I knew you knew that!!

I knew you knew that mike knew that! :cool::p

mike_thomas93
09-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Darn right I did ;p

Angelkids4x
09-13-2013, 06:19 AM
My pro shop in the area does a demo day with ebonite intl products. Does anyone else do that sort of thing? Maybe with other brands? It's a great deal you can try lots of balls in a few hours for 10 bucks.

striker12
09-13-2013, 12:03 PM
My pro shop in the area does a demo day with ebonite intl products. Does anyone else do that sort of thing? Maybe with other brands? It's a great deal you can try lots of balls in a few hours for 10 bucks.

are proshop dose the same thing with ebonite intl but it dose not cost us $10 i asked he said why charge when it will just be coming out of the next ball that we buy from him

MICHAEL
09-13-2013, 04:49 PM

I think that's GREAT!!! NO,, I have not heard of anything like that here in Kansas City area??? Would like to participate, should one happen!!

STRYKER
09-14-2013, 11:34 PM
the pro shop at one of alleys i bowl at had a demo day last year they had a about 10 balls total from a few different brands they charged 20 bucks but if you decided to buy one the balls they gave you a discount on the ball and the drilling

Jaescrub
09-15-2013, 09:57 AM
O the good ol demo days ;) I always wanted to do one. Been at lanes that have had them but never got involved. Now that I'm bowling more this would be a lot of fun. I know I have seen some of the bigger pro shops have a try before you buy set up you should
Look on line and see if any around you have that it might be an Hr or two drive but hey make a weekend out if it ;)

MICHAEL
09-15-2013, 10:32 AM
If anyone ever hears of a Demo Bowling Ball Day, DBBD, Let Iceman know PLEASE! I would be in, for the experience!! (In the Kansas City Mo area).

Jaescrub
09-15-2013, 11:12 AM
If I remember right Motiv said they would be doing a lot more coming up you might check motivs Web page.

e-tank
09-16-2013, 02:42 PM
fb won this week

mike_thomas93
09-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Facebook is the victor this week.

panbanger
09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Have an A1 day.

Bunny
09-17-2013, 11:38 AM
fb won this week