PDA

View Full Version : 10 Frames with Dino Castillo

onefrombills
12-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Find out more about your favorite PBA Superstars! See PBA Exempt Star Dino Castillo’s responses below and be on the lookout for more PBA players in the future.

1.) When did you realize that you wanted to become a professional bowler?
After I started bowling at the age of 7, I wanted to be a pro bowler.
2.) What was the biggest obstacle you overcame to become a professional bowler?
Juggling a family life, work, and bowling
3.) What is your favorite childhood bowling memory?
Winning my first league with my friends
4.) Finish the sentence: “Growing up, the bowling center was my...”
Home away from home
5.) Did you have a bowling role model as a kid and if so why that person?
Chris Warren, Norm Duke, Gary Dickinson and David Ozio were the ones I idolized. But, it was Del Ballard who I owe my whole bowling career to. He is the reason I am who I am today. Without Del, I would not be anywhere near the man or bowler I am today.
6.) What is your biggest strength?
My biggest strength in bowling is my attitude. Regardless of how good or bad I bowl, I do not let it take control over me. At the end of a block or tournament, I keep it on the lanes. I do not get upset or excited afterwards.
7.) What is your biggest weakness?
My biggest weakness is my concern for my bowlers and less concern for me. I am more concerned about my friends and my staffers and about making sure they bowl well.
8.) How old were you when you received your first bowling ball and how did it make you feel to have your very own?
My first bowling ball was an Ebonite Magnum at the age of 9. I cherished it and protected it for a very long time. I cleaned it almost every time I bowled.
9.) What is your favorite bowling ball of all time?
That is easy. The Ebonite Puma. Hands down!!!!!
10.) What advice would you give to someone who aspires to become a professional bowler?
Patience. If you think you are prepared for Tour, think again. And then think again. Analyze every aspect of your game…from style, equipment, but most of all attitude. Have a coach and even another PBA Tour pro give you constructive criticism.