PDA

View Full Version : New ball suggestion...

jd78
09-12-2013, 04:32 PM
My current ball is a Storm Crossroads and i'm a Stroker with a ball speed around 16-17mph. My two previous leagues were at a house with wooden lanes and medium oil. This fall I have moved to a house that was recently built and the fall leagues are their first. The lanes are synthetic with heavy oil condition.

In the new house, with my standard shot, my ball comes up short or light on the pocket. After a few adjustments (mainly changed spot and slower ball speed), I can consistently hit the pocket, but my ball appears to die on the backend and does not carry like it should. I am thinking of remedying this issue with a new ball (and possibly different layout). I will discuss this with my pro-shop guy this week, but hoping to get some suggestions on balls to get an idea of what to look for when I speak to him.

vdubtx
09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Will all come to down to personal choice. You will get suggestions across the brand spectrum.

For me, I really like my Hammer First Blood. Real good on heavier conditions and finishes real nice. I also received a Roto-Grip Disturbed recently(thank you Bowlingboards.com) that is getting some use from me this past week. Even stronger finish with heavier oil concentrations.

Good luck! :cool:

e-tank
09-12-2013, 04:50 PM
have you tried a surface change? Maybe knocking off the polish will be enough

jd78
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
have you tried a surface change? Maybe knocking off the polish will be enough

I have not tried it yet, but I am going to. The problem is that the closest Pro Shops are about 35 min away. The one I have been going to is more like 50 min away. I had planned on getting my ball resurfaced, but in the event that was not enough I figured I would get a new ball as well. That way I wont have to make multiple trips, and I figured it would not hurt to have a more aggressive ball in my arsenal (or at least that is the justification I am telling myself :)).

Stormed1
09-12-2013, 06:57 PM
There are so many options it's hard to suggest just 2 or 2 . If you want to stay with Storm the Reign of power or the marvel S or Sync will hanle more oil. In roto Grip the Gisturbed or the Defiant Soul.In brunswick/DV* the Nightmares and Marauders from dv8 or the Aura and Meanstreak beatdon. Columbia SAmack doen,Motiv Primal Scream and Primal Rage and the list goes on and on.

Personally I would recommend the Disturbed,Meanstreak Beatdown or Primal Rage