PDA

View Full Version : What is your Bowling average?

The KingPin
08-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey just wanted to see what your bowling right now? What is your Bowling average?

onefrombills
08-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Im at a 215 avg

bowlr721
08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
i just started my monday and tuesdau night leagues. On monday i shot 712 for a 237 average and on tuesday i shot 674 for a 224 average

onefrombills
08-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Great shooting Hoss !!!!!!!!!

i just started my monday and tuesdau night leagues. On monday i shot 712 for a 237 average and on tuesday i shot 674 for a 224 average

bowlr721
08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks im sure it wont last but id love for it to!!! :)

onefrombills
08-14-2008, 11:06 PM
you can not think that way....bowl your game and thats all you need to worrie bout ...all the best
BH~

Thanks im sure it wont last but id love for it to!!! :)

The KingPin
08-16-2008, 10:56 PM

Wow great night.

I hope I never get a 300 .... series that is :)

zman
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
We don't start for a few weeks.
I should be around 220.

bowlr721
08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
yea im just gonna stay focused and see where it takes me this year!!

onefrombills
08-24-2008, 05:15 AM
I want to focus a tad more and get to 220

Tylrsmom
08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
with the AWESOME averages listed above, I can't believe I'm going to even put my on here...
I just completed a PBA Experience League with a whopping 155 average. I must say the league helped me improve my attitude and overall consistency. My appreciation for the game has stregthened, too. I am looking forward to my Fall league that starts in a couple of weeks...I imagine that my YB avg from last year will improve substancially...(well, it better.. with my lessons and the PBA league!! LOL)

onefrombills
08-25-2008, 01:03 AM
just work at it and you will be kicking our A.s

Tylrsmom
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
I will keep you posted...

onefrombills
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
thx we look foward to them

stc17
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
i didnt have a very good start to fall league shot a disapointing 580 but my book is 216 and i finished the summer at 229

onefrombills
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
not too shabby :)

The KingPin
09-02-2008, 12:32 AM
with the AWESOME averages listed above, I can't believe I'm going to even put my on here...
I just completed a PBA Experience League with a whopping 155 average. I must say the league helped me improve my attitude and overall consistency. My appreciation for the game has stregthened, too. I am looking forward to my Fall league that starts in a couple of weeks...I imagine that my YB avg from last year will improve substancially...(well, it better.. with my lessons and the PBA league!! LOL)

Great story thanks for sharing with us.

Is the PBA Experience league alot of fun? Is it worth the time and money?

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Great Story for sure!!!!

bowlr721
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
It depends honestly when it comes to the PBA League...in my house we didnt really bowl on actual patterns because i bowled on the Scorpion in the league and did nothing on it but when i bowled a Regional one weekend on the scorpion i was +150 for 8 games so it was really weird but like i said it all depends on the house your in

Baroncad
09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Well since my Fall leagues don't kick-off 'til tonight (Tuesday-02-Sept-08),
I'll just give my pitiful Summer League Avg of 160

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
The 2 times you bowled on that pattern werte they at the same center ?

It depends honestly when it comes to the PBA League...in my house we didnt really bowl on actual patterns because i bowled on the Scorpion in the league and did nothing on it but when i bowled a Regional one weekend on the scorpion i was +150 for 8 games so it was really weird but like i said it all depends on the house your in

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 03:54 PM
well we all wish you all the best this season !!!!

Well since my Fall leagues don't kick-off 'til tonight (Tuesday-02-Sept-08),
I'll just give my pitiful Summer League Avg of 160

Baroncad
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
well we all wish you all the best this season !!!!

Thanks, I can use all the positive reinforcement I can get. (I'm a good bowler, I have a positive Attitude and my BALLS are clean...Repeat Mantra 5 times) LOLAM

onefrombills
09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
thats about all we can go on ...right ?

Thanks, I can use all the positive reinforcement I can get. (I'm a good bowler, I have a positive Attitude and my BALLS are clean...Repeat Mantra 5 times) LOLAM

bowlr721
09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
The 2 times you bowled on that pattern werte they at the same center ?

nope 2 completely different houses

onefrombills
09-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Ok I was just asking cause different patterns plat different from center to center when the lanes are diffrent....I E wood vs. synthetic

Baroncad
09-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Alrighty!!! This game sure is fickle. (more than likely it's the bowler, huh who said that)

Tuesday @ AMF West Houston
I shot 134-157-109=400

Thursday @ Time Square
I shot 235-191-206=632

Have found out my book average is 151.

Both have synthetic lanes and used the same line, but with distinctly different results.

SHACK
09-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I just started bowling this year and this is my first league and i'm at a 149 average, hopefully it will get better with practice and maybe some lessons

The KingPin
09-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I just started bowling this year and this is my first league and i'm at a 149 average, hopefully it will get better with practice and maybe some lessons

Hello SHACK,

It is great to meet you. Make sure you make an introduction post too so we can all meet you.

Great starting leahue score.

Baroncad
09-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I just started bowling this year and this is my first league and I'm at a 149 average, hopefully it will get better with practice and maybe some lessons

You will. Welcome to the Boards.

Also with practice and a coach, watch and ask questions to your fellow bowlers. I've learned a lot from the more experienced bowlers in my league.

onefrombills
09-05-2008, 04:59 PM

Welcome to the boards and were all here to help ya out if ya have any questions ......JUST ASK!!!!!

PrettyLilMoon
09-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I've been bowling consistently now (meaning without 10 year/5 year/2 year breaks in between!) for two years. I started off with a Tuesday night mixed league, finished and then joined a summer big money league. The next fall I ended up on three leagues and two for the summer! I am now on two fall leagues and really wishing I could join a 3rd! I would bowl every night if I could! I started out with a 131 average, got it to around a 142 in the middle of my first fall league and then decided to start using a fingertip ball and learn to throw a hook. I think I ended that league with a 133...and a teammate that was pissed that I would change my "style" during the middle of the league! But I digress!

I have found myself since this past summer only joining big money leagues. I have found that by surrounding myself with better bowlers, I bowl better! There is soooo much to be learned from watching, asking questions, and getting lessons if the opportunity is there. I have had about 4 or 5 lessons but am always open to constructive criticism from anyone I feel can help! My current average is 164 with my yearbook average having gone from 131 to 156 in one year. I just rolled my highest game ever on July 2nd with a 257 and sadly enough STILL have NEVER gotten a 600 series! Highest series was 591 twice! And on the night of the 257, I bombed with a 546 series (I can't even remember my other two scores but they were BAD! :) Anyhow, that's my story! :D

onefrombills
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
PrettyLilMoon welcome to the site and you are so right when you said "I have found that by surrounding myself with better bowlers, I bowl better!" I dont tell people to bowl in the top leauges to just bowl with better bowlers cause as YES you will get better by bowling with better bowlers in the long run you pay a lot and would loose money in the long run, so I say work with a USBC Coach and you can find them on bowl.com or check your local pro shop

PrettyLilMoon
09-05-2008, 11:39 PM
PrettyLilMoon welcome to the site and you are so right when you said "I have found that by surrounding myself with better bowlers, I bowl better!" I dont tell people to bowl in the top leauges to just bowl with better bowlers cause as YES you will get better by bowling with better bowlers in the long run you pay a lot and would loose money in the long run, so I say work with a USBC Coach and you can find them on bowl.com or check your local pro shop

With the price difference only being around $7.00/league to join a "money" league vs. a "fun" league, I find it more cost and time effective for me to bowl in the "money" leagues. Two of our Tuesday night leagues ended up merging this season as many of the teams went to the "money" league when they figured out that last place in the "money" league had a bigger prize amount than first place in the "fun" league. On my Tuesday night team, I am bowling with a former pro and he's great about giving me tips, etc. that have really improved my game. As soon as I can afford a coach, I'm all for it, but as a stay at home momma, I value my league time way too much to give one up in order to pay for coaching! :)

The KingPin
09-06-2008, 12:02 AM
I've been bowling consistently now (meaning without 10 year/5 year/2 year breaks in between!) for two years. I started off with a Tuesday night mixed league, finished and then joined a summer big money league. The next fall I ended up on three leagues and two for the summer! I am now on two fall leagues and really wishing I could join a 3rd! I would bowl every night if I could! I started out with a 131 average, got it to around a 142 in the middle of my first fall league and then decided to start using a fingertip ball and learn to throw a hook. I think I ended that league with a 133...and a teammate that was pissed that I would change my "style" during the middle of the league! But I digress!

I have found myself since this past summer only joining big money leagues. I have found that by surrounding myself with better bowlers, I bowl better! There is soooo much to be learned from watching, asking questions, and getting lessons if the opportunity is there. I have had about 4 or 5 lessons but am always open to constructive criticism from anyone I feel can help! My current average is 164 with my yearbook average having gone from 131 to 156 in one year. I just rolled my highest game ever on July 2nd with a 257 and sadly enough STILL have NEVER gotten a 600 series! Highest series was 591 twice! And on the night of the 257, I bombed with a 546 series (I can't even remember my other two scores but they were BAD! :) Anyhow, that's my story! :D

Great post. And Welcome to the site. If you need anything at all or have a suggestion, please let me or onefrombills know.

Anyways I understand what you are saying, if you are a round better bowers you bowl better. I agree with this alot, yet I have seen some bowlers do really bad because of all of the pressure. They try so hard to be good that they actually do bad.

Anyways thanks again for being a member and tell a friend please.

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 01:08 AM
With the price difference only being around $7.00/league to join a "money" league vs. a "fun" league, I find it more cost and time effective for me to bowl in the "money" leagues. Two of our Tuesday night leagues ended up merging this season as many of the teams went to the "money" league when they figured out that last place in the "money" league had a bigger prize amount than first place in the "fun" league. On my Tuesday night team, I am bowling with a former pro and he's great about giving me tips, etc. that have really improved my game. As soon as I can afford a coach, I'm all for it, but as a stay at home momma, I value my league time way too much to give one up in order to pay for coaching! :)

Its good to know that you want to bowl and that the money isnt that much more...I bowl in a very Big scratch league and we pay 27 a night for a 3 man leauge

TenPin
09-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Well, I'm a 200 (even) bowler, but I had broke my ankle back the first of June so my first night back was a little tough and very uncomfortable. 138-175-180. I had missed a 5 pin for a spare on the first frame of the first game of the year. Talk about second guessing if I started to early. Any how, the only other missed spares were 5 splits and a washout (most in the first game). Not a lot of strikes that night either, only about 8 or 9. I'm still hoping to push above the 200 even mark this year, maybe 205-210, but my ankle will have to stop hurting for that to start to happen.

TenPin

P.S. I broke my push off ankle. My ankle was sprained real bad in the accident also, so that may be where most of the pain is coming from (the sprain, not the break).

The KingPin
09-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, I'm a 200 (even) bowler, but I had broke my ankle back the first of June so my first night back was a little tough and very uncomfortable. 138-175-180. I had missed a 5 pin for a spare on the first frame of the first game of the year. Talk about second guessing if I started to early. Any how, the only other missed spares were 5 splits and a washout (most in the first game). Not a lot of strikes that night either, only about 8 or 9. I'm still hoping to push above the 200 even mark this year, maybe 205-210, but my ankle will have to stop hurting for that to start to happen.

TenPin

P.S. I broke my push off ankle. My ankle was sprained real bad in the accident also, so that may be where most of the pain is coming from (the sprain, not the break).

Wow, I am sorry to hear of your injury. I hope that you can recover to the point that you can enjoy life in the way that you want. I have bad wrists from past football injuries and they kill me sometimes.

I wish you the best

PrettyLilMoon
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Its good to know that you want to bowl and that the money isnt that much more...I bowl in a very Big scratch league and we pay 27 a night for a 3 man leauge

My Monday night league has a $12,000 first prize payout for four man teams and is $21/night. My Tuesday night league has an $8,000 first prize payout for four man teams and is $20/night. Anything much higher than that and I would probably have to reconsider!

PrettyLilMoon
09-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Great post. And Welcome to the site. If you need anything at all or have a suggestion, please let me or onefrombills know.

Anyways I understand what you are saying, if you are a round better bowers you bowl better. I agree with this alot, yet I have seen some bowlers do really bad because of all of the pressure. They try so hard to be good that they actually do bad.

Anyways thanks again for being a member and tell a friend please.

I will definitely spread the word, what a great site and thank you for doing this for us!

I like to put myself with competitive bowlers but that are not so serious that they are going to be truly upset with me if I'm on a bad streak. Therefore, I don't find the pressure from others to be any more than what I place on myself and truly, I just try to stick with the mind frame that I am there to have a good time and just do my best. The one thing that my teammates seem to respect is that I always try my hardest and if I happen to be having a bad night, I am willing to take suggestions and try to make them work! Sometimes I do get a bit of a bad attitude if NOTHING seems to be working, but I try to snap out of it quickly and remember that it's just a game and that there are going to be nights where even the BEST bowlers can't get anything to work right!

I bowl with some AMAZING bowlers! I have a friend that has 13 300s to his name and actually bowled a 300 while we were practicing!! I have another friend that had only bowled one 300 game 13 years ago and within two weeks on both teams that he and I bowl on together, he bowled two 300s and got his first ever 800 series. I've also seen both of these guys have less than 500 series, so I always try to keep things in perspective. Although some nights there worst games are my best! :D

PrettyLilMoon
09-06-2008, 01:40 PM

TenPin

I, too, hope that you make a speedy recovery and regain your previous comfort level! I hope I'm not out of line by saying that you might should take it easy so as to not do any further damage. Although I know that I am likely to bowl in pain too because the pain of not bowling is sometimes more prominent! :) Good luck!

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 04:08 PM

TenPin

Good luck on the ankle and hope your back to 100 % really soon !

TenPin
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone and I do expect to get back to at the least my previous average of 200 before to long. Still may take about a month or so. This much is true, not many 190-200 bowlers in my house (except the guys on my team) are real happy with my 164 average, LOL. We bowl on a spot type handicap head to head. Some will be spotting me about 40-50 pins or more, LOL. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Also, my ankle was perty sore the next day, some of it was due to the injury and some to not using it like before (if that makes since?). But yes, I do plan on not doing more than throwing the ball for now, mainly going through the motions for now. I would really like to kick it up a notch in about month, hopefully it won't be as tender then :D.

TenPin

onefrombills
09-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks everyone and I do expect to get back to at the least my previous average of 200 before to long. Still may take about a month or so. This much is true, not many 190-200 bowlers in my house (except the guys on my team) are real happy with my 164 average, LOL. We bowl on a spot type handicap head to head. Some will be spotting me about 40-50 pins or more, LOL. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Also, my ankle was perty sore the next day, some of it was due to the injury and some to not using it like before (if that makes since?). But yes, I do plan on not doing more than throwing the ball for now, mainly going through the motions for now. I would really like to kick it up a notch in about month, hopefully it won't be as tender then :D.

TenPin

The good thing is you should be a shoe in for the Most improved Bowler LOL

Anni1
09-07-2008, 04:47 PM
My current bowling average is 116.

bowlr721
09-10-2008, 10:23 AM
well my mens league is 227 and my mixed league is 213 had a horrible start to my mixed league

Duke Harding
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
199 in one league, 178 (after last night in another.
I roll 13# equipment, and am adjusting to the lower weight.
Carry is not quite as good as 14-15#.

Hopefully I'll average 200+ in one leagu and 190 in the other.

TenPin
09-10-2008, 01:36 PM
The good thing is you should be a shoe in for the Most improved Bowler LOL

Never ever occured to me about most improved. That would be funny too, LOL.

onefrombills
09-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Never ever occured to me about most improved. That would be funny too, LOL.

heck why not ....right ?