PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Tribal - Kevin's Ball Reaction Video & Review

Mappa
09-20-2013, 05:46 PM
When I heard that the MOTIV’s new ball, the Tribal would have the same cover as the Primal Rage I was really excited - this time wrapped around the new Halogen core. For those bowlers that have used a ball with a light bulb shaped core, you know how versatile that traditional shape is.

I drilled my new Tribal with a 65* x 5” x 35* layout. After bowling with it the last couple of weeks, I believe that this ball is a perfect 1-2 punch with the Primal Rage. The medium RG core of the Tribal gets through the heads a little cleaner, and a little smoother off the spot than the Rage, but the continuation through the pins is just as great. This allows me to use the Tribal when the lanes break down a bit, as well as on the shorter sport patterns.

Here is a link to the ball reaction video that I did for the Tribal. I compare it to the Primal Rage, Thrash Frenzy, Venom Strike and Ascent Pearl on the Kegel’s Middle Road pattern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXXAVXU3C8

The Tribal for me fits right in the sweet spot in the middle of my arsenal. On Medium volume patterns, I now can choose the Venom Strike if I want an earlier, smoother roll, or the Tribal if I need more backend to carry the corner pins. The Tribal is also a great option on longer patterns at the end of the night, when I need a ball to clear the fronts while retaining energy for the back. I have ordered a second Tribal that I’m planning on drilling with a weaker layout for dry lanes, so that I can take advantage of the versatility of the Halogen core. Looking forward to it!

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff