PDA

View Full Version : Proud of this pick UP!!!

MICHAEL
09-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I am not sure I have had this ever before in my short history of bowling, but Picked it UP!! Not easy with the 2, 8, sleeper!
It was the 2,8, 7, 10!!! wish I had it on film, but it made my night, and got a huge standing ovation!!! LOL

I wonder what the odds are on this shot!!

This happened on our Sunday 6pm league... Had a decent night to go with it, bowling, 661
should have been, could have been, you know the (LOOK BACK TALK TO ONE"S SELF LOL) a 700 plus!

But most importantly we, my wife and me had a great time!!! God, how did I have happiness before bowling!!???

Live to Bowl, and Bowl to LIVE!!!

Zaxmazr
09-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Wow great shot! Yeah it's so awesome when you make great shot and everyone's cheering!

vdubtx
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Nice shot ICEMAN!! That is an impressive one being a sleeper and all.

JDHamm85
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
How did you manage to pick it up? Did the 2 pin kick off the wall?

mike_thomas93
09-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Most impressive conversion, Iceman. (:

Zaxmazr
09-23-2013, 12:21 PM
ICEMAN, you should have someone record you 24/7 so well get to see shots like this!

call it, "THE LIFE OF ICEMAN"

(all capital letters of course!)

MICHAEL
09-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice shot ICEMAN!! That is an impressive one being a sleeper and all.

It was a CLEAN pick UP!!!!!!!!! I coulden't believe it!!! I was in reality trying for the 2,8, which is a sleeper combo,, and thought go with my hook ball, get the 2,8 and hook into the seven pin! Not easy but very do-able. I hit JUST off center of the 2 pin by a fraction of an inch to get the sleeper and then bounce of the sleeper to 10 pin,,, so the 2 took out the 8, and then deflected right and got the fricken 10 pin!! The ball carried enough to get the 7!

I dream of shots like that, but never thought I had a snow balls chance in hell of getting it..... Iceman......

thanks for all the congrats!!!!!!!

Mudpuppy
09-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the great pickup. Really boosts your game / series when you can make a shot like this. Good work Iceman.

I like the idea of an Iceman reality show.

Timmytomma
09-23-2013, 09:03 PM
It'd be entertaining for sure

Mike White
09-26-2013, 10:12 AM
ICEMAN, you should have someone record you 24/7 so well get to see shots like this!

call it, "THE LIFE OF ICEMAN"

(all capital letters of course!)

That old (or new) saying is... if it's not on YouTube, it didn't really happen. :)

got_a_300
09-26-2013, 11:29 AM
That was a very nice spare conversion Iceman I've seen that leave
maybe once or twice before but never seen anybody even come close
to making it so be very, very, very proud of making it.

MICHAEL
09-26-2013, 12:23 PM
That was a very nice spare conversion Iceman I've seen that leave
maybe once or twice before but never seen anybody even come close
to making it so be very, very, very proud of making it.

I can't say I have ever had it in my 4 years of bowling. It was funny,,, when I pick the spare up,,, bowlers on lanes to EITHER side of me yelled, and clapped some standing up and clapping....

I had no IDEA ANYONE ELSE was even watching other then maybe some of my teammates!! You would think I had a 300!! LOL

I really didn't think I had a chance, but I did go for it, and nailed the split!!

MICHAEL
09-26-2013, 12:35 PM
That old (or new) saying is... if it's not on YouTube, it didn't really happen. :)

I know what your saying Mike!! That especially goes for "The God Bill" on this web site! I know he has made up LOT's of scores, averages ect. Its all there on
bowing awards com!! I know on the new web site he has his average at 228,,,, I looked it up as anyone can! looking through his years 150 to 170 averages.

It's crazy what some people will resort to for attention, and fake fame!

I swear that I did pick that spare up, and have at least a dozen witnesses!!! or do I ..... LOL I could be a Bill ,,, gulp!!! (:)

I have posted my name so anyone could look up my 300, and averages... lol Iceman is the real deal!

noeymc
09-26-2013, 03:49 PM

you hit it right on lol\

good stuff mike

MICHAEL
09-27-2013, 12:56 PM
you hit it right on lol\

good stuff mike

They also use to say,, "Seeing is Believing"!! With computer graphs software programs you can now put to rest that saying!! I know its an old movie, Forest Gump's, but they used that early technology to have him appear with presidents ect ect... LOL
Now they have refined that technology to an art form,,, newer movies a great example! In the old days they had to spend millions on stage sets, and background
people, ect... Now its all computer generated, blue screen ....

I think one day soon they will be able to bring back actors that have died, like say, John Wayne! Maybe even create stars, that don't even exist!! Can you imagine a digital star winning an academy award!! LOL (:)

noeymc
09-27-2013, 04:37 PM
They also use to say,, "Seeing is Believing"!! With computer graphs software programs you can now put to rest that saying!! I know its an old movie, Forest Gump's, but they used that early technology to have him appear with presidents ect ect... LOL
Now they have refined that technology to an art form,,, newer movies a great example! In the old days they had to spend millions on stage sets, and background
people, ect... Now its all computer generated, blue screen ....

I think one day soon they will be able to bring back actors that have died, like say, John Wayne! Maybe even create stars, that don't even exist!! Can you imagine a digital star winning an academy award!! LOL (:)

dduuuuudeeee that would be so freaking awesome

Aslan
10-11-2013, 01:28 PM
wish I had it on film, but it made my night, and got a huge standing ovation!!! LOL

I wonder what the odds are on this shot!!

I converted a 3-5-7 last night. I have to admit, I yelled pretty loud... I was way more proud of that spare than any strikes I threw. It was easily the best split conversion I've ever made.

And I didn't make it the standard way. I threw my back-up ball trying to hit the right side of the 3...hoping it would hit the 5 and the two pins would roll over and knock the 7. But I missed and the ball went to the left of the 3-pin...hit the 5 solid...sent the 3 off the wall and back across taking out the 7. The easiest way to pick it up would be a light ball...thrown really slow...and let it roll across the 3 and 5 into the 7 using deflection. But with a 14-16lb ball...I don't know if the ball would roll from the 5 to the 7.

I've picked up 2-9, 3-8, 2-10...the occasional 4-6, 2-6, 3-4. But never the 3-5-7.

bowlerRob2
10-11-2013, 02:03 PM
@Aslan, you picked up the 4-6? That one is nearly impossible. That is much harder than the one you cited. The first question is how on earth did you leave the 3-5-7 to begin with? But the 4-6 is MUCH harder. Did you roll two balls? LOL.

Aslan
10-11-2013, 03:33 PM
@Aslan, you picked up the 4-6? That one is nearly impossible. That is much harder than the one you cited. The first question is how on earth did you leave the 3-5-7 to begin with? But the 4-6 is MUCH harder. Did you roll two balls? LOL.

Thats a lot of questions. Answers:
1) Yes.
2) Not nearly impossible.
3) It probably is statistically more difficult...but with the 4-6 you know what you have to do...slide one pin into the other. With the 3-5-7 ...999/1000 if you hit left of the 3...you get the 3 and 5. And if you get the 3 too far right...it could just slide to the left and not even touch the 5 nor the 7. It was a rare shot where I thought, "How the heck do I even DO this?
4) I don't remember how I left it. Obviously it was not intended.
5) Nope...1 ball...my old urethane. I use it for splits and occasionally to pick up a 10-pin. It was the only time the urethane saw any action that night...and it did it's job!

I think what made it most "amazing" was I hit left of the 3-pin. To slam the 5 and kick the 3 right...yet the 3 comes back across and hits the 7?? You could shoot at that for 5 hours and not get that to happen.