PDA

View Full Version : One way to keep it honest on bowlingboards.com

MICHAEL
09-27-2013, 11:22 PM
simple post your member ship number in your profile??? Simple,,,, It doesn't have your address, or phone number, just let's people know YOU ARE FOR
REAL! Post your USBC membership number.... otherwise, who knows when it come to claims of outrageous individual achievements, or even averages..

You could add it at the bottom where your signature is located also?

How many are for this!!!! Your thoughts.... ...... lol nothing to hide!!! Not much history, only been bowling two years in sanctioned

MINE is posted at the bottom in the signature area!! If you don't post it,,,,,well,,,, maybe your claims, might just be a figment of your imagination!! LOL

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 10:32 AM
LOL,,,, maybe no one but me, wants to keep it honest!!! Maybe LOTS OF billf's around! The internet forum,,, you can be anything you have the imagination, and creativity to create!! (:)

vdubtx
09-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Good idea ICEMAN! USBC number added to signature. How do you get more than 4 lines in signature though? I had to edit mine down a bit to keep it at 4 lines. It's just that your special huh? :)

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Good idea ICEMAN! USBC number added to signature. How do you get more than 4 lines in signature though? I had to edit mine down a bit to keep it at 4 lines. It's just that your special huh? :)

You have to be a Super Hero!!! LOL Thanks for joining the club of honesty!!!! This needs to snowball,,,,,,, Iceman (:)

classygranny
09-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I have no problem adding mine...just don't come stalk me or you will be asking for trouble. :D

Mind you, the 290 game/11 in a row doesn't show in the accomplishments as it was prior 1998. I will remove it from my signature, should the members here request I do.

noeymc
09-28-2013, 12:13 PM
mines in there for some reason i am missing 1999-2005 tho i have trophys for thos years and even went to pespi cola tournament 2-3 times unaware as to why none of thos years are there and il be more then happy to post pics of anything u wanna see but my # is in my sig

Aslan
09-28-2013, 12:14 PM
ICEMAN...even though I am a low life prostitute chasing trouble making 2-handed bowler hating womanizer...and thus not high on Iceman's Christmas Card list of heroes...once I get my USBC number I will list it as well. I'm a LOT of things...and I mean a LOT of things...and most of them horrible and one way tickets to hell(o)...but I am NOT a liar. (As should be evident by me posting my amazing feats of 300-325 series on occasion).

And Iceman...this was a rare good idea from you...so props.

e-tank
09-28-2013, 12:57 PM
i dont have one :(

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 01:12 PM
I have no problem adding mine...just don't come stalk me or you will be asking for trouble. :D

Mind you, the 290 game/11 in a row doesn't show in the accomplishments as it was prior 1998. I will remove it from my signature, should the members here request I do.

Since when is being honest, stalking?? LOL....... Geeeee,,,, I am just asking a person, ( and you know who it is) to be honest!! Is that stalking???? I am a Truth seeker, not a stalker classygranny....! Maybe to you the truth doesn't matter, but to Iceman its paramount, and means a lot!

One thing about this INTERNET thing,,, there can be much deception and out right lies!! I just want to keep it REAL! Is that stalking? When I was in the police force as a reserve officer, was I a stalker when I was doing my job catching the law breakers?? Truth is what I always seek in my life on all levels!

Please leave the 290,,,, I had one that I posted a copy of the score sheet under me vs Michael, it was a non sanctioned seniors league, that was my first bowling at the age of 62.. I bowled that league only, for two years, also had a 298 on that league and its posted also. Then I decide to go sanctioned, and glad I did, or I wouldn't have that 300 game! (:)

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 01:22 PM
ICEMAN...even though I am a low life prostitute chasing trouble making 2-handed bowler hating womanizer...and thus not high on Iceman's Christmas Card list of heroes...once I get my USBC number I will list it as well. I'm a LOT of things...and I mean a LOT of things...and most of them horrible and one way tickets to hell(o)...but I am NOT a liar. (As should be evident by me posting my amazing feats of 300-325 series on occasion).

thanks Asia,,,, might I add, your threads are GREAT also,,, I rarely go to sleep while reading them anymore!!! Keep up the ..... ZZZZZZ, ZZZZZZ ZZZ

striker12
09-28-2013, 01:23 PM
hey iceman i dont got a USBC number because i'm in canada and i have no clue where we can look to look up canadians awards but i always tell to thruth if i ever shoot a high game like 250+ or 11 in a row in league i will get a copy and post it on to show it

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 01:27 PM
hey iceman i dont got a USBC number because i'm in canada and i have no clue where we can look to look up canadians awards but i always tell to thruth if i ever shoot a high game like 250+ or 11 in a row in league i will get a copy and post it on to show it

You need to move to the USA, cheap bowling balls, and USBC bowling Id's!! You will bowl that 11, maybe even 300!! Hang in there buddy!!!

striker12
09-28-2013, 01:34 PM
You need to move to the USA, cheap bowling balls, and USBC bowling Id's!! You will bowl that 11, maybe even 300!! Hang in there buddy!!!

yeah i jsut found out today 1 thing im doing wrong in my bowling witch might help next week with the brace on i have my hand normaly straight out witch is making my arm swing going high and the ball goes fast down the lane but when my cok my wrist where the bowling ball is touching my arm my swing dose not go high and i create alot of revs and the ball is slower so if i set my hand in between those areas i might find the perfect swing but first thing i need new shoes where i wont stick as much on my slid

striker12
09-28-2013, 03:39 PM
i can tell you guys where to to go to look up my booked avg's from a some season but not last years or this years because im bowling in a different distract

Aslan
09-28-2013, 06:02 PM
thanks Asia,,,, might I add, your threads are GREAT also,,, I rarely go to sleep while reading them anymore!!! Keep up the ..... ZZZZZZ, ZZZZZZ ZZZ

Haters gotta hate.

Bunny
09-28-2013, 10:20 PM

lol! You forgot Comedy Central writer!

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Haters gotta hate.

I am so full of love Asia!!! Not even a small tiny bit of hate in me brother!!! That is if your referring to ME!! ICEMAN!!! LOL

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 12:06 AM

Don't give him a big head Bunny!!! I have been trying to get him to post a PICUTRE of himself for some time now!! How about you bunny,,, with a name like bunny, I think of the Playboy bunnies!! How about a picture of you and your husband, along with the guy from Asia!!! LOL

Hey I have posted my picture, everyone know what Iceman looks like,,,,, let us,,, your reading public put a face with your posts..... its the right thing to do!!
UNLESS YOUR Hiding your GOOD LOOKS!! Fearful that Holly Wood, will be knocking at your door!! I talking about you bunny, not the Asian guy!! I have a pretty good idea what he might look like!! LOL ...(:)

e-tank
09-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Don't give him a big head Bunny!!! I have been trying to get him to post a PICUTRE of himself for some time now!! How about you bunny,,, with a name like bunny, I think of the Playboy bunnies!! How about a picture of you and your husband, along with the guy from Asia!!! LOL

Hey I have posted my picture, everyone know what Iceman looks like,,,,, let us,,, your reading public put a face with your posts..... its the right thing to do!!
UNLESS YOUR Hiding your GOOD LOOKS!! Fearful that Holly Wood, will be knocking at your door!! I talking about you bunny, not the Asian guy!! I have a pretty good idea what he might look like!! LOL ...(:)

this post made me lol pretty hard!

Aslan
09-29-2013, 12:23 AM

AND a guy that likes to watch women pee. I mean, hello. Am I wrong??

Aslan
09-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Don't give him a big head Bunny!!! I have been trying to get him to post a PICUTRE of himself for some time now!!

Holy Christ it's hard to deal with the mentally challenged on a daily basis. I ALREADY POSTED A VIDEO OF ME ya ramrod. How many times do I have to point you to the thread!?? You even POSTED IN THE THREAD!!

Listen man...if you're having an acid flashback...just say so. I respect the right of man to get a little loopy for recreational purposes or to numb the intense pain and sadness...but for crying out loud!! Do I need to email you a picture of me?? Do you need one signed and made out to you?? Is this just an elaborate trick to make me send nudes to you. I mean, I have them ready to go...because you NEVER KNOW when a lady might want a pic of your junk...but I digress. My point is...PLEASE...PLEASE go to my embarrassing video thread...you can even use a new feature called "pause" to stop it and look at it. You can make me your screen saver!! I won't get mad...I'll wear that as a badge of honor. But if you keep asking for something I already gave you...I'm gonna keep picturing you playing parcheezie with a family of gnomes that you claim live under your furniture. For Chrissake!

Aslan
09-29-2013, 12:33 AM
this post made me lol pretty hard!

Don't encourage him. I mean, this guy still can't get my name right. I gotta think a mortar landed a little too close to his general vacinity in Nam....rattled his melon a bit...because he is "off". Don't get me wrong...I respect him because he's my elder, he's a veteran, he looks like Santa Claus, and the dude can roll. So he's okay in my book. But if the dude ends up on the Kansas Fox News at 10PM because they found him naked in a park fountain hugging a Sesame Street doll....I'm just sayin I might not be all that surprised. :rolleyes:

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 01:14 AM
AND a guy that likes to watch women pee. I mean, hello. Am I wrong??

your not only WRONG, ask-wipe, your rarely Right!! LOL,,, but I will try to respect you, living in Ca,,, I know the Brain damage smog can do, remember I lived in Modesto for way to long!!!

I am just glad I got out before I reached the level of zombie, smog dead brain that you have achieved!! LOL

I know you dad is probably very proud of you, but then he was proud of little things like when you first learned eat with a fork and spoon at the age of 12!! (:)

Hang in there partner, and maybe some day you will actually learn how to bowl,,,, na,,,, I doubt that,,, but knowing you have a learning disability, and its related to not knowing how to walk in a straight line for a distance of 6 inches,,, (( Well I fear your bowling approach will never be quite right,,, JUST LIKE YOU)) LOL

Good luck,,, YOU might try, since you live close to LA, going to Disney Land and purchasing a pair of MIC,,,KEY,,, MOUSE,,, training SHOES!! I am sure your alley would allow you, (with your special needs), to wear the Mickey Mouse correctional shoes, for walking in a straight line impaired Persons.... Just make sure when you get them to mark them LEFT, and MICKEY MOUSE RIGHT!!! or maybe your mommy could help you get dressed... LOL Good luck!!! Iceman

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/aaamickymousebowlingshoes_zps48715030.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/aaamickymousebowlingshoes_zps48715030.jpg.html)

JaMau24
09-29-2013, 05:49 AM
I would tell you guys not to get into it on the internet, but what the hell, I enjoy a good internet fight!

Carry on...
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/quickdraw3/bth_Deer-popcorn.gif

Mike White
09-29-2013, 06:52 AM
simple post your member ship number in your profile??? Simple,,,, It doesn't have your address, or phone number, just let's people know YOU ARE FOR
REAL! Post your USBC membership number.... otherwise, who knows when it come to claims of outrageous individual achievements, or even averages..

You could add it at the bottom where your signature is located also?

How many are for this!!!! Your thoughts.... ...... lol nothing to hide!!! Not much history, only been bowling two years in sanctioned

MINE is posted at the bottom in the signature area!! If you don't post it,,,,,well,,,, maybe your claims, might just be a figment of your imagination!! LOL

Mine is 1560-11073

My 300 was back in 1990 so to see "proof" you have to go to http://www.bowlingmuseum.com/VIP/HometownHeroics.aspx

Oddly enough, my scores that day were very similar to yours. I shot 16?, 300, 20?

Lately even though I spend a lot of time at the bowling alley, I rarely find time to practice, or even work on my own equipment.

So 3 games a week tends to be hard on the average.

vdubtx
09-29-2013, 08:00 AM
I would tell you guys not to get into it on the internet, but what the hell, I enjoy a good internet fight!

Carry on...
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/quickdraw3/bth_Deer-popcorn.gif

Let me know if you need a refill. LOL

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/th_Popcorn.jpg (http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/?action=view&current=Popcorn.jpg)

noeymc
09-29-2013, 08:50 AM
internet FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT come on everyone stand around and yell fight with me

classygranny
09-29-2013, 09:45 AM
WHOA...WHOA....little ponies.

I like to see a good fight as well and some fun bantering is always right up there in my book.

BUT - You guys are crossing the line. I'm not even copying your posts in my reply as it they shouldn't be repeated. Aslan, your post #21 and Michael, your post #23 - please, think about what you're posting and who might be reading it. This is a general public forum and as such you may not know all of the people on the boards. If you guys want to get derogative, then take it to PMs only. Have fun, go at each other, but leave the derogative remarks out. Michael, Aslan is probably one of those people that won't get this, but you, you of all people should know better.

dnhoffman
09-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Relax people, it's a bowling forum not an octagon.

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Ok,,,, ICEMAN has coooooool off!! I still stand behind posting your USBC ID, in your signature area,,,, "Trust but Verify"!! (:)

I have come across a few, fakes on this site, and I just want to keep it REAL! Is that asking too much?? billf

Jaescrub
09-29-2013, 03:26 PM
I wish the phone app would let you go back to the first page I feel like I'm Missing out. You can always look up a posters ip addy to see if it's a duplicate poster ;)

e-tank
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
wait whats wrong with bill?

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
wait whats wrong with bill?

Bill, is NOT REAL!! I have emailed the website that lockwood75, did a great job of creating! Bill is not, a 228 bowler, and I doubt most of what he has written about himself.... very sad .... All he has to do is say, yes, I created this imaginary billf..... and please forgive me... we would all do just that!! JUST GET IT REAL!

Many of us now KNOW the truth bill.... correct all your imaginative made up games, averages and high scores. You will be forgiven and lets start with a clean slate!
Bill's , ID # 1901-2857... its all there for all to see bill... where are those "nothing but 800s that you did on the summer league toward the end??? Bill get real please,,, then welcome back ,,, ICEMAN!

scottymoney said he would investigate the allegations! Not much to investigate, its all in black and white on awards com!! Still have not heard back from the new web site, that has Bill as and Administrator..... Honesty and Integrity should have some meaning to Lockwoods fine web site.

I don't think they,,, even knew the TRUTH about billf....

That's why I think its a great idea to place your USBC number in your signature on this site. It has all your sanctioned information!

vdubtx
09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Maybe bill should post up some league recap sheets from his leagues. Tried looking up the center he bowls in in Ohio Belmar lanes and they do not upload recaps to that site. Wish all centers would, so convenient to check out the league recaps.

vdubtx
09-29-2013, 04:41 PM
I meant upload recaps to leaguesecretary.com, tried to edit my post but would not let me.

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Maybe bill should post up some league recap sheets from his leagues. Tried looking up the center he bowls in in Ohio Belmar lanes and they do not upload recaps to that site. Wish all centers would, so convenient to check out the league recaps.

Wow,,, how clear can Iceman make it... http://classic.bowl.com/awards/award_details.jsp?award_id=15 type in bills USBC number... there it is!! You can see his summer leagues, and end averages vdubtx??? ID # 1901-2857

I am not out to get Bill at all, just want Bill to Get Real!! LOL

vdubtx
09-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Wow,,, how clear can Iceman make it... http://classic.bowl.com/awards/award_details.jsp?award_id=15 type in bills USBC number... there it is!! You can see his summer leagues, and end averages vdubtx??? ID # 1901-2857

I am not out to get Bill at all, just want Bill to Get Real!! LOL

Easy there tiger. I know all that already. Just another venue for him to possibly put up or shut up!!!

e-tank
09-29-2013, 05:45 PM
interesting. Doesnt bother me in any way though. Answer me this iceman, how does his bowling(or lack their of) effect you? I understand if it comes out as false he would obv be a liar but so what?

Aslan
09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
WHOA...WHOA....little ponies.

I like to see a good fight as well and some fun bantering is always right up there in my book.

BUT - You guys are crossing the line. I'm not even copying your posts in my reply as it they shouldn't be repeated. Aslan, your post #21 and Michael, your post #23 - please, think about what you're posting and [B]who might be reading it.

Okay Ms. Granny...then let me ask you...since you are "classy" (it's in your name)...how would YOU respond? Here is a guy that continues to mis=spell my name and make dergatory remarks...and for some reason wants to see a picture of me DESPITE the fact that I already have abut 8 videos of me posted on THIS site the HE has already seen and responded to. Yet he continues to ask for a picture of me. I mean, if it were YOU...and you posted a series of videos of yourself bowling...yet a gentleman on the site continued to harass you and somehow imply that you have something to hide because you won't send him a picture of yourself or post one. Since being classy and etiquette are your forte...if you would...give me an example of how you'd respond.

But keep in mind...keep in mind...I already responded TWICE that I have videos up and that he in fact responded to them...twice I've reminded him of that.

I'll wait for your reply and thank you in advance for your guidance. :)

Aslan
09-29-2013, 06:44 PM
interesting. Doesnt bother me in any way though. Answer me this iceman, how does his bowling(or lack their of) effect you? I understand if it comes out as false he would obv be a liar but so what?

I actually am torn on this. I definitely can see the annoyance Iceman feels and I can relate. I mean, if someone is so pathetic that they have to go on a website and make up imaginary bowling scores so people will like them....thats LAME and I commend Iceman for exposing that.

On the other hand...I firmly believe that literally 80% of the scores people post on here are made up. Far too many multiple 300, 900 series, and "last night I bowled 289-246-276"s. I mean, either this site is a place for the most elite bowlers in the United States to congregate or we got quite a bit of "fishing stories". So as to what you said e-tank...I just assume most of them are lies and move past it.

But as I stated before Iceman went mental at me...I DO LIKE his idea of the USBC numbers in the profile. I think the only people that won't do it are the ones that want to keep pretending they're awesome when they're not.

However...after a couple recent "flame wars"...I'm rethinking that position. I never thought on a bowling forum where people come for advice that more experienced bowlers would tease people over their averages and stuff. But it's happened to me at least a couple times now to the point that I may just turn my signature off and take my average off my profile.

classygranny
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Okay Ms. Granny...then let me ask you...since you are "classy" (it's in your name)...how would YOU respond? Here is a guy that continues to mis=spell my name and make dergatory remarks...and for some reason wants to see a picture of me DESPITE the fact that I already have abut 8 videos of me posted on THIS site the HE has already seen and responded to. Yet he continues to ask for a picture of me. I mean, if it were YOU...and you posted a series of videos of yourself bowling...yet a gentleman on the site continued to harass you and somehow imply that you have something to hide because you won't send him a picture of yourself or post one. Since being classy and etiquette are your forte...if you would...give me an example of how you'd respond.

But keep in mind...keep in mind...I already responded TWICE that I have videos up and that he in fact responded to them...twice I've reminded him of that.

I'll wait for your reply and thank you in advance for your guidance. :)

I'm just asking that you refrain from using a generalization that could be taken by some of our members as defamatory/derogative towards a certain group of people. How the two of you "go at each other" doesn't matter to myself or most of the posters - but I'm asking that you be careful about your "generalizations". If you still don't get my drift, PM me and I will be more specific.

And, as far as handling Michael, aka Iceman...good luck. He's much older, much more seasoned, probably just as crazy, and nothing will affect him no matter how hard you try. It thrills him to see you get riled up over such trivial things. You just feed into his play, his game, and he will probably win.

Where you on the other hand, seem to attack things with a headstrong, no one is going to be better than me in the world of crassness, brusqueness and you will try and win using more of the "shock" factor. Going up against an older, seasoned, game-player, I'm just saying, you won't win that way.

Just the way I see things...and no, none of it bothers me. What bothers me are the remarks that our general population may take offense too. Just let those remain in your head not in posts, please.

And, ironically, I am probably anything but classy....that sort of came into being from my two year old granddaughter.

e-tank
09-29-2013, 06:52 PM
I actually am torn on this. I definitely can see the annoyance Iceman feels and I can relate. I mean, if someone is so pathetic that they have to go on a website and make up imaginary bowling scores so people will like them....thats LAME and I commend Iceman for exposing that.

On the other hand...I firmly believe that literally 80% of the scores people post on here are made up. Far too many multiple 300, 900 series, and "last night I bowled 289-246-276"s. I mean, either this site is a place for the most elite bowlers in the United States to congregate or we got quite a bit of "fishing stories". So as to what you said e-tank...I just assume most of them are lies and move past it.

But as I stated before Iceman went mental at me...I DO LIKE his idea of the USBC numbers in the profile. I think the only people that won't do it are the ones that want to keep pretending they're awesome when they're not.

However...after a couple recent "flame wars"...I'm rethinking that position. I never thought on a bowling forum where people come for advice that more experienced bowlers would tease people over their averages and stuff. But it's happened to me at least a couple times now to the point that I may just turn my signature off and take my average off my profile.

yea i can def see being lied to but outside of that i dont see it. I never saw a reason in lying especially on this forum as i have nothing to gain from it. When were you made fun of for your average? Ive been here almost a year this has been a pretty respectful forum compared to others i post on

Aslan
09-29-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm just asking that you refrain from using a generalization that could be taken by some of our members as defamatory/derogative towards a certain group of people.

You'll have to PM me because I read the post you're referring to and unless the potentially offended group are "gnomes"...which I believe to be fictional, but could be mistaken. The bottom line is, and you kinda dodged my question a little...but if someone is going to act "crazy"...then people are going to "infer" that they might be crazy. Just like if people act "rude", people will infer they are rude. When someone continues to be confused about your name and continues to ask for something that you've already given them on multiple occasions...inferences can be drawn, can they not?

And final point...if you read said post...I actually spoke with respect about Iceman. You picked out a few sentences that you thought might be "touchy"...but you skipped the sentence/sentences where I complimented him.

Aslan
09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
yea i can def see being lied to but outside of that i dont see it. I never saw a reason in lying especially on this forum as i have nothing to gain from it. When were you made fun of for your average? Ive been here almost a year this has been a pretty respectful forum compared to others i post on

I think, and Iceman can speak for himself obviously, but I think your response touched on a few things that beneath the surface of the frustration. Things that you are used to, that younger members may be used to which is the whole online universe. To young people, the internet is like a giant game of Sims...where you can be whoever you want and say whatever you want and you'll never have to answer for it.

You said you don't do it because you have nothing to gain from it. But remember, many people with small lives or who are unhappy with themselves...they NEED some outlet where they can feel loved, adored, important, etc... As sad as that sounds...the internet is full of people who DO need to come in forums like this and claim they threw 7 300 games and have a 215 average...because they WANT others to think they're important...because in real life they aren't.

You also said, this is a pretty respectful forum comparatively. I absolutely agree. However, what are you comparing it to? Is it okay for people to act a fool because it's not as bad as the fools over at Yahoo chat or XBox chat? Unfortunately, the online universe caters to the bottom denominator. So as long as we're not "as bad" as the worst...we're okay. And thats a slippery slope.

I think this is a great forum and people are knowledgeable and for the most part respectful and it's a cool place to hang out....not to mention maybe win a ball in the process. But that doesn't mean there won't be an occasional disagreement about how great Michigan is or whether 2-handed bowlers are cooler than other bowlers or any other unimportant thing in the universe. As long as everyone is respectful enough not to be blatantly cruel or rude or use obscenities...post porn or spam...ya know....bad stuff...no harm no foul.

e-tank
09-29-2013, 07:56 PM
i post on fitness forum helping members out with training/diet and it can get pretty bad. On some i post on its the norm. Where as here i know a little but about everyone and respect each member usually. The only thing that really annoys me is the new members that only post in the contest threads even after i tell them that posts on the whole forum count so go out and contribute. Off topic but yea your are correct that this forum is largely older folk who do treat this as if it were face to face interaction between people where as younger people see it as a opportunity to say anything you want cuz its not face to face.

And lets be real here aslan....you can be pretty obscene sometimes lol. Doesnt bother me but just sayin

bowl1820
09-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Okay I think this thread is ready to get out of hand, so I'm stopping here.

So everyone cool your jets and get the discussion's back to bowling.