PDA

View Full Version : Complainers

DrOcktagon
09-28-2013, 12:20 AM
The other night I was bowling on league. A bowler on the pair next to me didn't like the look of his rack so he re-racked it. I honestly don't know if that is allowed under USBC rules or not and frankly, I don't care. Why would I? Why would anyone? It's a re-rack.

Well, one of the bowlers on the opposing team immediately began flipping the #@*k out, flagging down one of the league officials, asking for a ruling from the rule book, etc... Just because of a re-rack. As if this new set of pins would somehow dictate who won or lost. As they were discussing the legality of re-racking, the bowler in question took his shot and left a huge split. The complainer then calmed down and decided it didn't matter because of the result, but he still "didn't like it".

I just don't understand people like this, looking for any infraction that may swing to their advantage. Just like people scanning rulebooks looking for any way to ban two-handers. Get over yourselves. It always makes me think of the "OVER THE LINE!!!" scene from The Big Lebowski. Just calm the #@*k down and worry about your own game.

And the thing that really gets me about these complainers is that they are almost never any good. You know, at bowling. They're there throwing up 160's and looking for any reason to complain or find fault in someone throwing up 220's. Just stop.

mrbowling300
09-28-2013, 12:26 AM
I will take a re-rack only if I feel there is a problem with the rack. Out of courtesy, I will tell the opposing team what I'm doing. If I'm in brackets, and I get a bad rack, it is possible it could have a negative effect on my shot. I don't do it very often...After 5 weeks, I had my first re-rack of the season.

JaMau24
09-28-2013, 12:41 AM
To my knowledge you are allowed one re-rack a game unless you are missing a pin or something is really wrong with the rack. So apart from being a whiny prick, he's also wrong.

You bring up a good point about the foul line argument from The Big Lebowski. Wednesday night I was bowling and had the front 5 strikes the second game, and go to shoot in the 6th frame and throw another strike... Only one problem, I fell all the down and ended up on my back and half my body across the foul line. I looked at my shoe and noticed a string was stuck to the back of the heel on the sliding foot, which caused me to slip out of control. I was fine, aside from a few floor burns, but obviously I had to change it to a foul, and I struck all the way till the first ball in the 10th. Knowing that I ACTUALLY threw 10 straight strikes, it would have driven me nuts to throw two more and pretty much will have bowled a 300, but it wouldn't have counted. So with the game in hand already for our team, I threw the ball through the nose on purpose so it wouldn't bother me as much if I had struck out, but I still can't help but think I lost a 300 because of a foul, of which I fell on.

That got me thinking, that is such a dumb rule in the first place. To what advantage do you have if you end up 1 inch over the foul line? None. No advantage at all if you slide past the line. Mind you, that's not what happened to me. I never foul by my foot going past the line. I fell. Something I have no control over. So because I fell on my *** and slid past the line, I had to change it to a foul, lol. What advantage did I have on that shot by going across the line!? It's more impressive to me that I still struck while falling! Oh well, water under the bridge at this point.

bowl1820
09-28-2013, 10:19 AM
To my knowledge you are allowed one re-rack a game unless you are missing a pin or something is really wrong with the rack. So apart from being a whiny prick, he's also wrong.

There is no USBC league rule on re-racks, Now a league might could put one in their rules if inclined. Now some tournaments could have a rules and Unless it's changed recently the PBA had a rule allowing only 2 re-racks per game.

You bring up a good point about the foul line argument from The Big Lebowski. Wednesday night I was bowling and had the front 5 strikes the second game, and go to shoot in the 6th frame and throw another strike... Only one problem, I fell all the down and ended up on my back and half my body across the foul line. I looked at my shoe and noticed a string was stuck to the back of the heel on the sliding foot, which caused me to slip out of control. I was fine, aside from a few floor burns, but obviously I had to change it to a foul, and I struck all the way till the first ball in the 10th. Knowing that I ACTUALLY threw 10 straight strikes, it would have driven me nuts to throw two more and pretty much will have bowled a 300, but it wouldn't have counted. So with the game in hand already for our team, I threw the ball through the nose on purpose so it wouldn't bother me as much if I had struck out, but I still can't help but think I lost a 300 because of a foul, of which I fell on.

That got me thinking, that is such a dumb rule in the first place. To what advantage do you have if you end up 1 inch over the foul line? None. No advantage at all if you slide past the line.
Well pardon the pun, but you have to draw the line some place. First it's a inch then, then it's a foot next someone is standing right in front of the pins.

Mind you, that's not what happened to me. I never foul by my foot going past the line. I fell. Something I have no control over. So because I fell on my *** and slid past the line, I had to change it to a foul, lol. What advantage did I have on that shot by going across the line!? It's more impressive to me that I still struck while falling! Oh well, water under the bridge at this point.

MICHAEL
09-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes,, Iceman bowled with The Dude/Jason/Bowula, take your pick the following day! He had lots of ouches on his knees!! It was hard for me, ICEMAN to look directly at the scuffing area, two women ran out of the bowling alley screaming upon gazing at the wound!!! If you need blood, let me know, I can meet you at the blood bank!!! "And YOU STILL GOT A STRIKE, while falling to the lane"..... You are THE DUDE!!

dnhoffman
09-28-2013, 01:31 PM
You can re-rack. Many pros do it too if they think they see the deck set funny

e-tank
09-28-2013, 02:15 PM
i take bowling serious but not that serious. Im not sure if its cuz my league isnt sanctioned but were pretty lax about everything. If the machine screws up the set or tweaks and cleans the deck when youre trying to make a spare, depending on the team we play we usually just erase the score and give them a new shot

JaMau24
09-28-2013, 04:25 PM
There is no USBC league rule on re-racks, Now a league might could put one in their rules if inclined. Now some tournaments could have a rules and Unless it's changed recently the PBA had a rule allowing only 2 re-racks per game.

Good to know! I'll re-rack as much as I want now, not that I do or want to that much anyway. I've probably re-racked 3 or 4 times ever, not counting missing pin racks.

noeymc
09-28-2013, 04:30 PM
i ma do it just to make everyone else mad when someone has 3-4 strikes in a row on the other team rerack re rack so he has to think about it more i kid i kid

circlecity
09-30-2013, 05:50 PM
If the pins are not aligned correctly and I mean very noticeable then a re-rack should be no problem. Should at least tell the other team your intentions

striker12
09-30-2013, 06:07 PM
last season it was the 10th frame and i needed to get a strike to win the game and take 1st place soo the pressure was on me and the other team was just nagging at me to hurry up and throw the ball and the main problem was it was the 3rd game why do they care they are not the ones in 1st but finding out they knew the people that where in 1st so just to have them shut up i re-racked and said to them if you guys keep talking im going to keep re-racking because each player has 5 re-racks threw the turnny and i never used 1 so i ended up re-racking 2 times and they learned to shut up but best part of it, it help take abit of the pressure away and right when i go on the approach and started the other team started to yell and say stuff that alot of people did not like but i never stopped i and i got a strike and i walked back to them saying nice try, trying to making me miss you guys just made your self look like idiots and loser's a month later they hosted the turnny again and the tema that i played agenst in the last round that did this stuff not 1 of the players where aloud in the turnny ever again for somthing i cant remember what they called it