PDA

View Full Version : Anybody throw these?

e-tank
09-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Looking to pick up either a Hammer First Blood, Seismic Venator or possibly a Motiv Primal rage

Anybody have any experience with any of these balls? Ive watched as many vids as i can but id like to get a review as well

Stormed1
09-29-2013, 01:44 AM
I have not thrown the Primal Rage yet as I'm not back bowling yet. A couple guys I drill for threw it at a traade show and told me it's a flat out beast!!

e-tank
09-29-2013, 01:57 AM
i was looking at the BTM ball chart and according to that it has the most backend of any ball to date! It does indeed look like a beast of a ball but my only hang up with it is that its a pearl and i seemed to fair better with solids

vdubtx
09-29-2013, 07:51 AM
I have a First Blood. Real nice ball that can be used on house conditions in addition to sport conditions as well. I bought mine back in February and used it at Nationals, was the only ball I had that would actually get to the pocket on the challenging oil patterns.

It is an aggressive ball, but is controllable. The way I have it drilled is pin up above ring finger and it goes long and snaps at the end. Can change wrist and release to have a bit more control of it. With this ball, I target 15 at the arrows and about 8-9 at breakpoint to start the night and make moves in as the night transitions. This past Thursday night I moved 3 boards with my feet and used the First Blood all night using same target.

noeymc
09-29-2013, 08:53 AM
ive seen a lot people throw a first blood one is a good bowler even did the pba for a few years but he said its to strong for a house shot (understand his rev rate is 400+ bal speed around 21) and he was hooking it the whole lane the other is a so so bowler and he loves it he goes down 10 out to about 6 or 7 and ball breaks at i wanna say 5 or 4 and he does ok with it idk if this helps u

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I want a Cold Blood,,,, any info on it would be appreciated! ICEMAN!

classygranny
09-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Sounds like your ball ICEMAN....but you have to wait until 10/08

Hammer Cold Blood

•Color: Black/Blue
•Coverstock: NBT Pearl
•Weight Block: First Blood Core
•Factory Finish: 500 / 500 / 1000 Abralon®/ Clean N’ Sheen
•Flare Potential: High
•Radius of Gyration (RG): 2.48
•Differential (Diff): .056
•Intermediate Differential (Mass Bias): .009
•Fragrance: n/a
•Description:

Do you have ICE in your veins?

When you’re down to the wire in a tough match, do you have what it takes to win?

The desire to not only win, but to make that cocky guy on the lane next to you shut his mouth? Check.

Need to see the pins scatter like scared little kids? Check.

Get noticed while doing it with a downright wicked looking bowling ball? Check.

The new Hammer Cold Blood. Do you have ice in your veins?

MICHAEL
09-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Now i know i want one,,,, ice!!

sounds like your ball iceman....but you have to wait until 10/08

hammer cold blood

•color: Black/blue
•coverstock: Nbt pearl
•weight block: First blood core
•factory finish: 500 / 500 / 1000 abralon®/ clean n’ sheen
•flare potential: High
•radius of gyration (rg): 2.48
•differential (diff): .056
•intermediate differential (mass bias): .009
•fragrance: N/a
•description:

Do you have ice in your veins?

When you’re down to the wire in a tough match, do you have what it takes to win?

The desire to not only win, but to make that cocky guy on the lane next to you shut his mouth? Check.

Need to see the pins scatter like scared little kids? Check.

Get noticed while doing it with a downright wicked looking bowling ball? Check.

The new hammer cold blood. Do you have ice in your veins?

e-tank
09-29-2013, 11:31 AM
I have a First Blood. Real nice ball that can be used on house conditions in addition to sport conditions as well. I bought mine back in February and used it at Nationals, was the only ball I had that would actually get to the pocket on the challenging oil patterns.

It is an aggressive ball, but is controllable. The way I have it drilled is pin up above ring finger and it goes long and snaps at the end. Can change wrist and release to have a bit more control of it. With this ball, I target 15 at the arrows and about 8-9 at breakpoint to start the night and make moves in as the night transitions. This past Thursday night I moved 3 boards with my feet and used the First Blood all night using same target.

This is the reason why im leaning towards it, because its a hybrid so itd be very vesitile and controllable. If i ever wanted to bowl on a sport i could just knock the polish off and itd prob be awesome.Thanks for your review vdub

ive seen a lot people throw a first blood one is a good bowler even did the pba for a few years but he said its to strong for a house shot (understand his rev rate is 400+ bal speed around 21) and he was hooking it the whole lane the other is a so so bowler and he loves it he goes down 10 out to about 6 or 7 and ball breaks at i wanna say 5 or 4 and he does ok with it idk if this helps u

It definitely helps. My rev rate is around 450 and ball speed about 20 and the only time i have prob with keeping balls on the lane is during cosmic bowling. I would assume that either your house puts a lighter amount of oil or mine puts a heavier amount.

That ball was made for you iceman. You must get it because its your destiny lol

dnhoffman
09-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Guys in one of my league are big into Motiv and LOVE that primal rage

vdubtx
09-29-2013, 02:58 PM
This is the reason why im leaning towards it, because its a hybrid so itd be very vesitile and controllable. If i ever wanted to bowl on a sport i could just knock the polish off and itd prob be awesome.Thanks for your review vdub
Anytime. If you want to see any real world videos let me know. I know many of the videos you probably saw we're ball companies. I hha be a couple up on youtube I shot awhile back.

e-tank
09-29-2013, 03:07 PM
one of your vids actually came up in my searches. Id love to see more though

its pretty funny how they always find some cranker or two hander to showcase balls. Even bowling ball has done this a few times

vdubtx
09-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Here's another I uploaded yesterday. Just took some other random shots I had from some practice sessions over the summer and put them together. See if you can spot the surprise pocket 7-10 split. :)

http://youtu.be/5dKh-CDN0bM

Zaxmazr
09-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Here's another I uploaded yesterday. Just took some other random shots I had from some practice sessions over the summer and put them together. See if you can spot the surprise pocket 7-10 split. :)

Ball movies very nice. Was my 2nd choice when I got my new ball.

e-tank
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM

Looked good! Have you played with the surface at all?

vdubtx
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Looked good! Have you played with the surface at all?

No, have not done a thing to surface. It is due for a good clean and polish back to out of box though. I was thinking of taking to a dull before I won the Deranged from here, but with that ball being dull, no need to do that. Will be a good compliment for when I go to Nationals next year.

circlecity
10-06-2013, 12:20 PM

Good video. amazing how fast you changed your shirts. Just kidding

Aslan
10-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Guys in one of my league are big into Motiv and LOVE that primal rage

I think Hammer First Blood is the most popular ball I've seen at the lanes. Bunny uses it on Thursdays, and I saw 2 other people using it as well. Then on Friday I saw two more people using it. Seems pretty popular.

I was strongly considering getting a Motive Raptor Attack because I found one for super, super cheap. But then I found a 900 Global Bullet Train for even cheaper...and then found a Columbia 300 Encounter for even CHEAPER....so I finally got the Encounter. Now I have 3 undrilled balls in my closet...dammit. But when you find a ball that is literally $100 off the sale price...which is already $70 cheaper than the original price...I mean, I couldn't pass that up.

The only downside is I could only get it in 16lb...would have preferred 15lb.

e-tank
10-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I think Hammer First Blood is the most popular ball I've seen at the lanes. Bunny uses it on Thursdays, and I saw 2 other people using it as well. Then on Friday I saw two more people using it. Seems pretty popular.

I was strongly considering getting a Motive Raptor Attack because I found one for super, super cheap. But then I found a 900 Global Bullet Train for even cheaper...and then found a Columbia 300 Encounter for even CHEAPER....so I finally got the Encounter. Now I have 3 undrilled balls in my closet...dammit. But when you find a ball that is literally $100 off the sale price...which is already $70 cheaper than the original price...I mean, I couldn't pass that up.

The only downside is I could only get it in 16lb...would have preferred 15lb.

16 is usually cheaper cuz its less desirable than a 15. Im actually thinking about selling my equipment to move up to 16 lol

Aslan
10-06-2013, 06:10 PM
16 is usually cheaper cuz its less desirable than a 15. Im actually thinking about selling my equipment to move up to 16 lol

I've been experiementing with weights. I actually bought a 16lb Hammer Rhythm and a 16lb Brunswick Slongshot (Slingshot...but too funny to erase)...which is the weight I wanted. But on the Encounter I was thinking of staying with 15lb...but it wasn't an option. No big deal...like I said, I can throw 14lb, 15lb, 16lb...it's just making a slight adjustment in the approach for the weight. The only reason I bought it was the $170 savings.