2000 Grit / Power Gel Polish
Ball Specs: Symmetric Core
Layout 70 x 3 x 45 (no balance hole)

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 Up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Tribal is a great ball to go to when the Primal Rage is too strong. The ball has great shelf appeal with Silver Pearl cover and Black/Red logos. Coming on the heels of the popular Rage, we already had a ton of interest in the new Tribal before the release date. If your Pro Shop has not taken advantage of the Motiv two pack offers they should. The two packs seem to come 1-2 weeks earlier than the release date. It’s always nice to have a great piece of equipment early!
The hook of the Tribal is less than the Primal Rage, and though the shape on the lane is similar, the backend seems less violent. The Tribal is clean through the heads and is angular but predictable on the backend. The continuation is very strong through the pins.
I have always been a fan of the light bulb type cores and think this ball will lend itself well to a wide range of bowlers, conditions and layouts. This is another excellent core and cover match by Motiv. I tested the Tribal on a fresh house shot as well as a beat up dryer pattern. The ball worked on either pattern, and even though the total hook was different, the ball carried very well. The Tribal is about a three board move to the right with my feet compared to the Rage.
I am really impressed with the new pearl balls from Motiv. My hope for the next one would be an asymmetric pearl!

Summary:
The Tribal is another great ball from Motiv
Great color and contrasting logos
Predictable and strong

Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
Video Link - http://youtu.be/PANKQ81A-XE

Sportshot64@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com