PDA

View Full Version : Iceman Born to Bowl,,, just got started way late... lol

MICHAEL
10-03-2013, 11:47 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/c9177d33-cf8a-4a0b-8580-f9ad40268cce_zpsd9c92446.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/c9177d33-cf8a-4a0b-8580-f9ad40268cce_zpsd9c92446.jpg.html)

Almost another 300,,, 2nd game, 5th frame,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! I have been close so many times, with 298,,, 290s,, 289,,, Jason has seen them! I bowled tonight with a bowling shoe on my left foot, and a sandal on my right... lol,,, felt great!!! We won all four,,, have only lost 1 game so far against another team! 241.7 average.... I feel that 210 average is going to happen this fall on all my league... (I hope) gulp).... Iceman just turned 65, and in the Peak of his bowling carrier of 3 years now!!! LOL God I love bowling!!!

bowl1820
10-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Well done Mike!

striker12
10-04-2013, 12:56 AM
great job iceman nice 278 want to send me these bowling balls of yours that are getting you these great games lol

striker12
10-04-2013, 12:57 AM
but iceman i can say 1 thing i dont think the 5th frame liked you 2 opens and 1 spare

e-tank
10-04-2013, 01:20 AM
maybe bowling just thought itd get you into it late to spare everyone else. Lord knows what a young iron mike could do on the lanes!

MICHAEL
10-04-2013, 01:36 AM
but iceman i can say 1 thing i dont think the 5th frame liked you 2 opens and 1 spare

LOL,,, the second game was 11 strikes,,, the 5th Frame kept me from having another 300 with in 4 months.... That's what I am talking about .... lol yes I wanted that 800, but there will be another day..... Iceman will get that 800 this winter.... I promise you striker!! (:)

MICHAEL
10-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Well done Mike!

thanks,,, (:)

striker12
10-04-2013, 01:59 AM
best way to get that 800 is not to think of it if you do then you are just jinxing your self and you will keep throwing 700 ik this because i have not yet got that 700 yet but i have got alot of 699's

MICHAEL
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
best way to get that 800 is not to think of it if you do then you are just jinxing your self and you will keep throwing 700 ik this because i have not yet got that 700 yet but i have got alot of 699's

Half the fun of getting something Striker, is dreaming about it LOL!! I know it may sound strange, but having is not so pleasing a THING as WANTING!! I know it may sound illogical, but many times its true.

If that jinxes me, so be it!! Call Iceaman a Dreamer, always have been, always will be!! (:)

Wait,,, I bowled that 300 a few months ago,,, did a lot of DREAMING before that happened... lol

Someone once said, dreams are the stuff that reality is made of!

Dream Big Striker!! (:)

circlecity
10-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I bowled tonight with a bowling shoe on my left foot, and a sandal on my right... lol,,, felt great!!!

A sandal? Oh there must be an interesting story here somewhere...

MICHAEL
10-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I know this may seem totally illogical, but its just a matter of wanting to slide, with half the pain!! I have neuropathy in my feet, due to lower back injury during my years of putting up Iron! (Iron Worker Local 10) I wear sandals all year round even in the winter. With sandals I do not have any pain in my feet at all to speak of!
So rather then have both feet burn with pain while bowling, now I only have one!! LOL Hey,,, game me a 725,,, and if you look at the score sheet, it could have been a 800 real easy if it weren't for some 7 and 10 pin leaves....

I bowled that 300 a few months ago wearing both sandals! I like the feel of the slide, so I came up with this idea.

Keep in mind that the sandals are a dedicated pair, used for nothing but bowling, and do not damage or even mark the approach!

Even Spock might say totally illogical.... (:)
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/DSC00243_zps2bdf9417.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/DSC00243_zps2bdf9417.jpg.html)

striker12
10-04-2013, 01:06 PM
yeah iceman ik dreaming is good me and a buddy where hanging out at his brothers house and his brother passed out and about 30mintues after he passed out he started to talk about a board getting a 900 series so we started talking to him and we asked whos balls was the board throwing and he said it was my balls lol

we had some good fun that night

Bunny
10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
bowled tonight with a bowling shoe on my left foot, and a sandal on my right

I know this may seem totally illogical, but its just a matter of wanting to slide, with half the pain!!

Could you put one of those sliders on the sandal on left?

MICHAEL
10-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Could you put one of those sliders on the sandal on left?

I know a great shoe cobbler, and I actually thought about doing that a while back,,, but I was hoping I could get use to the pain in feet. Important to know, I have no pain when I don't confine them, so sandals work great.

I may go get a new pair of the sandal pictured, for they work great, and have a removable sole like on my dexter shoe glued, or sewn

When I bowled the 725 last night, it felt great... to only have the slide foot in pain...

Bunny, I might just give that a try!!! Great minds think alike,,,,, maybe,,, lol ??

Bunny
10-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I know a great shoe cobbler, and I actually thought about doing that a while back.

I may go get a new pair of the sandal pictured, for they work great, and have a removable sole like on my dexter shoe glued, or sewn.

You could totally do that!

Hey you may be on to something!!

classygranny
10-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I know a great shoe cobbler, and I actually thought about doing that a while back,,, but I was hoping I could get use to the pain in feet. Important to know, I have no pain when I don't confine them, so sandals work great.

I may go get a new pair of the sandal pictured, for they work great, and have a removable sole like on my dexter shoe glued, or sewn

When I bowled the 725 last night, it felt great... to only have the slide foot in pain...

Bunny, I might just give that a try!!! Great minds think alike,,,,, maybe,,, lol ??

Why don't you just buy bowling sandals? I know they have women's, they probably have men's.

MICHAEL
10-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Why don't you just buy bowling sandals? I know they have women's, they probably have men's.

They would have to be OPEN toes... I have searched every where!!! All I can find is a pair of closed toes!! If you look at the ones in my picture, the are memory type foam, iner soles,,, very open, almost like no shoe at all, and very comfortable, with no toe pressure! Its only my toes that have the pain when constricted, not the rest of my foot! It does seem to be getting better with time... I work out and do several types of physical therapies and they seem to help!

many of the pain issues have gone away that were a huge problem like my knee's... wrist,,, ect... absolutely NO PAIN any more while working out! I attack pain, on many different fronts, and it all seems to be working GREAT!! Its great to be pain Free, and natural!! My RA, has been gone for over two years now, due in huge part to diet, supplements, and working out two hours a day, 4 days a week.

If anyone fines a pair of bowling sandals open toe let me know!

classygranny
10-04-2013, 10:13 PM
There's a lady I see occasionally that bowls with sandals on and I've been around some of the conversations of whether they were bowling shoes, so I know they are. If I see her sometime I will ask where she got them.

striker12
10-04-2013, 11:09 PM
They would have to be OPEN toes... I have searched every where!!! All I can find is a pair of closed toes!! If you look at the ones in my picture, the are memory type foam, iner soles,,, very open, almost like no shoe at all, and very comfortable, with no toe pressure! Its only my toes that have the pain when constricted, not the rest of my foot! It does seem to be getting better with time... I work out and do several types of physical therapies and they seem to help!

many of the pain issues have gone away that were a huge problem like my knee's... wrist,,, ect... absolutely NO PAIN any more while working out! I attack pain, on many different fronts, and it all seems to be working GREAT!! Its great to be pain Free, and natural!! My RA, has been gone for over two years now, due in huge part to diet, supplements, and working out two hours a day, 4 days a week.

If anyone fines a pair of bowling sandals open toe let me know!

iceman are your bowling shoes wide or no because i use wide shoes and i don't even feet the shoe on my toes at all but a good way to help if you are feeling the tip of the shoe is to go up 1/2 a size and fill in the tow with removable jell stuff don't remember the name of it.

MICHAEL
10-05-2013, 01:12 AM
iceman are your bowling shoes wide or no because i use wide shoes and i don't even feet the shoe on my toes at all but a good way to help if you are feeling the tip of the shoe is to go up 1/2 a size and fill in the tow with removable jell stuff don't remember the name of it.

No its not the size. Plenty long,,, They are getting better, last year water from taking a shower hurt like fire, with it hit my feet! ( I know weird, also sheets on a bed, touching them cause pain,,, but being the natural healer I am, its 75 percent better now..... no pain from shower, things are getting better! As I have said the healthy life style changes are making a huge difference! When you think about it wasen't that long ago I had pain all over my body,,, typical RA areas! NOW JUST my feet, specificly just the toes... I have a theory and it involves heavy metals,,, and toxic food and water we drink... . It will just take some more time and ICEMAN will be healthy 100 percent!! Believe me Striker, I have come a long ways from 5 years ago... couldn't hardly walk a block due to pain..

Its amazing how far I have come... hey bowled a 300, and almost a 800 (:) Thursday,,, did you see the 10, and seven pin leaves,,, they were what looked like good shots,,, but didn't carry!! Look at the position of several of those 10, and 7 pin leaves,,,,!

Its just a matter of time, stirker, Iceman is solid!! thanks for the advice!!

Its going to happen I KNOW!!