PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

ThongPrincess
12-29-2008, 08:28 PM
I found my way over here and just wanted to say hi.

I was a decent bowler, but this year has been a bear.:mad: The average is down about 20 pins from last season.:eek: I am hoping 2009 will be a better year.

I coach the Juniors at Corbin Bowl and find great joy watching them improve. The kids are great and I am glad to be a part of the program.

I wish you all great bowling in the New Year!:)

ArtVandelay
12-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Welcome!

Amen to 2009... hahahaha. This year hasn't been THAT bad, I've made a bit of improvement, but maybe 2009 can be even better.

It's good of you to coach. You will be a welcome addition to this board.

ThongPrincess
12-30-2008, 12:50 AM
If tonight is any indication, there is hope. The timing was good and the arm swing was back to being long and smooth. I need more work on spares, but even that improved as the night went on!:)

onefrombills
12-30-2008, 02:05 AM
hello and welcome too the site!
If ya need anything please just ask and tell all your friends about us !

kev3inp
12-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Thong Princess is a great lady my wife and I have had the pleasure of meeting in NC. She's a ballreviews.com poster emeritus, as is janderson, and I'm so glad she's here. Welcome, your highness. :)

jaws1945
12-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Welcome and Happy new year

ThongPrincess
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
. Welcome, your highness. :)

LOL thank you - I can't wait for July to see you and the wife again.:D I expect you to be all healed and ready for some competition. My knee is good again. I just may give you and Joe a run for most games bowled ;)

Iceman
12-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Welcome and pray for the new year to be joyous and high scoring. Most games bowled? Over the past years, I've noticed a drop in many bowlers cutting back to 1 - 2 nights instead of 4 - 5. I'm still on the 4-5 night, with a few sub spots - We're almost in to January and I have 212 leagues games bowled this season. my record was 465 last year. (Not counting Tournaments) and no I'm no iron man - just love the game and the ways to improve it (all depends on yourself)

ThongPrincess
12-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Iceman - Amen to that - 2009 has got to be better than 2008 in more ways than just bowling.

I must clarify - the most games comment was in reference to "The Gathering" in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It is an annual gathering of bowlers, primarily from BR and some from Bowl4Fun. It started 6 years ago and this will be the 7th. We bowl, eat, bowl, eat, bowl, eat, sleep, bowl and so on. There are those who throw drink in the mix. It is a great time and those who come once are pretty much hooked. I think I am the only non-local to have been to all 6.

Joe is in his 70s and usually bowls everyone else under the table. He had to be coerced to leave the lanes for dinner a few times. Kevin has been trying to out bowl Joe. Last year I bowled a total of about 6 games the whole time due to a bad knee. The event was Friday - Sunday but many of us arrive as early as Tuesday or Wednesday. Between Thursday and Friday I have bowled about 25 - 30 games and not come close to Joe.

Iceman
12-30-2008, 03:33 PM
That sounds like fun - when and where is the next one? I've been to a few of these mostly north of Ohio, but most of the ppl that were gathering are not commitment types. I love excuses to get out of Ohio for a while.

Record for me - most games bowled at 1 time - 21. my legs were numb - last 5 games were 260 or better. Even though I couldn't duplicate that again if my life depended on it.

ThongPrincess
12-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Here is the details so far:

The official dates are July 24 - 26, 2009. Though I will probably arrive Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon/evening.

This is an annual gathering of bowlers from all over. It basically involves bowling, socializing, bowling, eating, bowling, eating, bowling, drinking, bowling, eating, and oh did I mention bowling . Ron Clifton aka Magic Carpet, his wife, and the staff at Creekside host this gathering each year. They are amazing!

Friday night the center has a Mixed Scotch Doubles that many participate in. Saturday is the Bragging Rights Tournament for the coveted "Bragging Rights Champion T-Shirt." Sunday, for those who hang around, Ron offers some one-on-one coaching. For those who arrive early, it is impromptu.

In addition to bowling, a couple of the guys organize some golfing Wednesday and Thursday. Saturday night the tradition is becoming a huge group dinner at Golden Corral and one of the guys opens his house to a low stakes poker tournament and some pool playing.

Many stay at the Extended Stay, Haines Mall. Due to a situation last year, I personally will be looking at other options.

Creekside Lanes
1450 Trade Mart Blvd
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
(336)771-9800

Hotel most have stayed at in the past:
Extended Stay America Winston-Salem Hanes Mall Blvd
1995 Hampton Inn Ct
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
(336)768-0075

All are welcome everyone is treated like family! The more the merrier!

kev3inp
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
We always look forward to the Gathering and can't wait to see everyone again. We're always happy to see new faces, but I need some time with Ron this year myself, so I'm getting first dibs! ;) I've never had a bad time there. It takes us about 12 hours total to get there, and except for getting a really tired butt driving, it's a great trip. Ohio? You're almost there!