PDA

View Full Version : How to find drilling patterns for retired bowling balls?

Hammer
10-08-2013, 10:09 PM
I have a Hammer Raw Anger ball and was wondering how to go about finding the drilling patterns for it. I nwanted to se if this ball can be set up for dry to medium dry lane conditions. The ball description says that bthis ball is made for medium to oily lane conditions. I thought that a layout and surface change could make it work ok on THS pattern. The ball comes OOB with a 2000 Abralon surface. Thoughts from anyone. :cool:

MICHAEL
10-09-2013, 11:31 AM
I purchased an inexpensive spinner last year! Best money I have ever spent, in regards to bowling.. I have experimented with it a lot of my bowling balls,, you can make a ball do just about anything with a given pad 189 vs 4000,,, and when it comes to polish, your cannot even get close doing it by hand verses a spinner, (you can feel the heat as its taking the polish into the balls surface!

You can change your balls in incredible ways... I don't know why anyone would be without one that wants to improve their game!

circlecity
10-09-2013, 11:54 AM
I purchased an inexpensive spinner last year! Best money I have ever spent, in regards to bowling.. I have experimented with it a lot of my bowling balls,, you can make a ball do just about anything with a given pad 189 vs 4000,,, and when it comes to polish, your cannot even get close doing it by hand verses a spinner, (you can feel the heat as its taking the polish into the balls surface!

You can change your balls in incredible ways... I don't know why anyone would be without one that wants to improve their game!

Would these balls your spinning be accepted in tournaments?

circlecity
10-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Not sure if this helps your issue or not
http://www.bowlingball.com/info/hammer-drilling-layout-index.html

bowl1820
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
I have a Hammer Raw Anger ball and was wondering how to go about finding the drilling patterns for it.
How to go about finding....?

Well First you try going to the Hammer site, check and see if they have the drill sheet for it or for symmetrical core balls.
http://hammerbowling.com/wpimages/Symmetric_Series.pdf

or do a Google search for a Raw Hammer Anger "Drill Sheet" and/or Hammer Drilling Layouts
http://www.bowlingball.com/info/hammer-drilling-layout-index.html

I nwanted to se if this ball can be set up for dry to medium dry lane conditions. The ball description says that bthis ball is made for medium to oily lane conditions.
Why would you want take ball made for Med. to Oily lanes and drill the guts out of it. To try to force it to work on those conditions?

When You have a Blue Hammer and its rated best on the Dry/Med. Dry conditions.

I thought that a layout and surface change could make it work ok on THS pattern.The ball comes OOB with a 2000 Abralon surface. Thoughts from anyone. :cool:
While changing layouts and surfaces to help match up to the conditions is okay. A THS (Typical House Shot) isn't particularly considered a Dry/Med. Dry condition.

If the ball is too much for the conditions, first things I would try would be switching balls or going to a smoother surface maybe with some polish. Before plugging and redrilling.

bowl1820
10-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Would these balls your spinning be accepted in tournaments?

Of course they would, you can sand your own equipment.

Hammer
10-09-2013, 02:59 PM
If I could get away with not drilling the Anger with a new layout I would go in that direction. I would first try going to 4000 Abralon and after seeing that maybe hitting it with some polish. I thought that maybe I could use the Raw Anger as a backup to my Blue Hammer urethane ball. As far as layout I just wanted to see what layout were offered for this ball. That would be my last option.