PDA

View Full Version : How to correct a problem with two like balls!!

MICHAEL
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
we bowl tonight, and my wife has two balls that seem almost the same on house oil, the Fire Road, and the new purple Hy-Road! They both get through the heads fine, but kick/hook a bunch at the very end! What can I do to the Fire Road to take some of that huge break at the end out? Remove polish? Go with a 4000 serface?

Perrin
10-10-2013, 03:04 PM
If they are drilled the same then yea. Pick one to change the surface on and go to either 4000 or maybe even down to 2000

Bowlingball.com has them both listed as 1500 and Polish so you could even try something like 500 and polish if you still want skid/snap without quite as angular a move.

If they are NOT drilled the same then your best bet would be to pick the one that has higher DA sums and hit that one with the surface.

MICHAEL
10-10-2013, 03:14 PM
If they are drilled the same then yea. Pick one to change the surface on and go to either 4000 or maybe even down to 2000

Bowlingball.com has them both listed as 1500 and Polish so you could even try something like 500 and polish if you still want skid/snap without quite as angular a move.

If they are NOT drilled the same then your best bet would be to pick the one that has higher DA sums and hit that one with the surface.

Yes that's the problem, they are drilled almost the same with the pin up and over ring finger... thanks,,, !

vdubtx
10-11-2013, 10:16 AM
My advice would be to have one redrilled to perform differently. Kind of defeats the purpose of having 2 balls with similar cover stocks that will react the same way on the lanes.

Mudpuppy
10-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I've used this Track Delayed Reaction cleaner and it seems to work quite well for a quick fix in lieu of re-polishing the ball, etc. And if the oil conditions change week to week it is quicker and easier to make a change. I think they also have some similar polish that has a green label that I have in my bag now that will make it hook less:

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-combos/Track/7670/Reaction-Plus---Delayed-Reaction-Polish-8oz.html

Stormed1
10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Does either ball have a balance hole? If not you can add a hole to change the reaction. Also as mentioned above change the surface

MICHAEL
10-11-2013, 03:00 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/aaajoyceballs_zpsca5a293e.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/aaajoyceballs_zpsca5a293e.jpg.html)

they both look the same going into the pocket... Your thoughts???

Perrin
10-11-2013, 03:49 PM
I am guessing by the position of that weight hole she has a pretty high track?

As long as it stays static legal I would go with plugging the hole on the Fire road and moving it more to a P3 position (towards the thumb) and knock the polish off. go with 2000 to start.

if you want to keep money out of it start with going to 2000 and see if that is a reaction she likes. plugging and moving the hole would change the reaction even more on top of the surface change if she likes it.

Are those her only 2 balls?

MICHAEL
10-14-2013, 01:24 AM
no she has a manic, (matte finish), and a cyclone, (matte finish)! And now a pretty weak Tropical Breeze,,, I was surprised just how much weaker it was from the ones pictured!!

JaMau24
10-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Easiest and cheapest way to fix the problem is change the surface to two completely different things.

MICHAEL
10-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Easiest and cheapest way to fix the problem is change the surface to two completely different things.

I agree 100 percent, but if I do,,, I get my ask reamed out by Manic!! I become the excuse she uses for a bad night!! I can't win!!! I finally said, your on your own... I am not touching your balls, Iceman has feeling, and can only be pushed so far before he melts!!

No matter what I do, in hopes to improve her game,,, I become the whipping post used as an excuse for a poor bowling outing!

You know Mary, Jason,, Gene's girl friend! She came up to me Sunday and said, Iceman, just leave your wifes balls alone! She says she never knows what to expect because of the fact I clean them every night on the spinner to get the oil off the ball.

I thought to myself, ok,,,, I won't clean them, anymore!

Manic is in a slump at the present time, not unlike a batter in baseball, I don't think it has anything to do with me slaving over her balls, cleaning them every night after league.

It created an argument...... so now ... Iceman is COOL, with the idea that her game is going to get much better now, that I don't clean them after league!

I will continue to clean mine with the spinner, and my aveage is holding so far just over 200, but a long ways to go till the end of the season!

We shall see if the non cleaned balls of my wife work better, or like I have always said, a clean set of balls, will always get you where you want to go!!

Mudpuppy
10-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I agree from being married perspective - leave it alone. It also reminds me of a story - I was in L.A. once and I was out at the club. Met a nice young lady who then proceeded to show me her balls. I had to leave it alone. Moral of the story sometimes it is better to leave it alone and walk away.

JaMau24
10-16-2013, 04:25 AM
I agree 100 percent, but if I do,,, I get my ask reamed out by Manic!! I become the excuse she uses for a bad night!! I can't win!!! I finally said, your on your own... I am not touching your balls, Iceman has feeling, and can only be pushed so far before he melts!!

No matter what I do, in hopes to improve her game,,, I become the whipping post used as an excuse for a poor bowling outing!

You know Mary, Jason,, Gene's girl friend! She came up to me Sunday and said, Iceman, just leave your wifes balls alone! She says she never knows what to expect because of the fact I clean them every night on the spinner to get the oil off the ball.

I thought to myself, ok,,,, I won't clean them, anymore!

Manic is in a slump at the present time, not unlike a batter in baseball, I don't think it has anything to do with me slaving over her balls, cleaning them every night after league.

It created an argument...... so now ... Iceman is COOL, with the idea that her game is going to get much better now, that I don't clean them after league!

I will continue to clean mine with the spinner, and my aveage is holding so far just over 200, but a long ways to go till the end of the season!

We shall see if the non cleaned balls of my wife work better, or like I have always said, a clean set of balls, will always get you where you want to go!!

LOL, I know! I've seen it! She'll get on you if you mess up her bowling balls! LOL

MICHAEL
10-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree from being married perspective - leave it alone. It also reminds me of a story - I was in L.A. once and I was out at the club. Met a nice young lady who then proceeded to show me her balls. I had to leave it alone. Moral of the story sometimes it is better to leave it alone and walk away.

LOL,,,, LOL,,, did she have a nice set of balls?? Did they smell good too,,,, maybe storm balls?? LOL One wasn't a vivd was it,,, if it was you would have a Vivid recollection of the experience, I am sure!! LOL

bowl1820
10-16-2013, 02:51 PM
we bowl tonight, and my wife has two balls that seem almost the same on house oil, the Fire Road, and the new purple Hy-Road! They both get through the heads fine, but kick/hook a bunch at the very end! What can I do to the Fire Road to take some of that huge break at the end out? Remove polish? Go with a 4000 serface?

Mike back here at the beginning of the thread, you said you were going bowling that night. And it sounds like you wanted to change the surface before going.

Well what happened? Did you change surface, if so did it make any difference? Etc.

Zaxmazr
10-21-2013, 09:54 AM

I think a cleaning/resurfacing would most certainly do the trick!