PDA

View Full Version : Looking for storm ball for med conditions

e-tank
10-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Cannot be hyroad or crossroad because i have a crossroad, and my gf has a hyroad, so he wants something that we dont have

looking at the reign on or maybe the iq tour pearl

any other suggestions?

DLP
10-11-2013, 11:08 AM
But..but.. but... the Hy-Road Peal smells so YUMMY!

bowlerRob2
10-11-2013, 11:26 AM
DLP do you go the pro shop and say "Let me smell your balls?"

:D

Sorry could not resist.

Bunny
10-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Cannot be hyroad or crossroad

looking at the reign on or maybe the iq tour pearl

any other suggestions?

A guy was at Saturday Asher/Baker Clinic . He was rolling a Marvel I think it was. This is the guy who bowled a 300 a few weeks before so he has a sweet hook to the pocket. The Marvel was reacting beautifully. Then, he pulls out the IQ Pearl. Barry was on our pair at that point. The IQ Tour was not reacting favorably. On one shot it was curving to the pocket, stopped and went in a straight line.

I asked Barry, "Why did it do that?" I was expecting an explanation of lane conditions.

He responded, "That ball just dies for some reason."

He went on to say that yeah a lot of guys were throwing that ball and it was nice to start, but that it would just die at a certain point.

"Coverstock?" I asked.

"Nope." "It's something inside or the core."

A guy on our team throws one. Our first season he put up good scores. This season, not so much. Sure seems like the ball is not behaving the way it used to and he's had it cleaned and resurfaced. (Although, I will say that I've heard that you'll never get a ball to react exactly the same as OOB surface.)

:confused:

bowl1820
10-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Me I'd Maybe do a Rotogrip Rumble for the THS here

http://www.rotogrip.com/balls/rumble

e-tank
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
A guy was at Saturday Asher/Baker Clinic . He was rolling a Marvel I think it was. This is the guy who bowled a 300 a few weeks before so he has a sweet hook to the pocket. The Marvel was reacting beautifully. Then, he pulls out the IQ Pearl. Barry was on our pair at that point. The IQ Tour was not reacting favorably. On one shot it was curving to the pocket, stopped and went in a straight line.

I asked Barry, "Why did it do that?" I was expecting an explanation of lane conditions.

He responded, "That ball just dies for some reason."

He went on to say that yeah a lot of guys were throwing that ball and it was nice to start, but that it would just die at a certain point.

"Coverstock?" I asked.

"Nope." "It's something inside or the core."

A guy on our team throws one. Our first season he put up good scores. This season, not so much. Sure seems like the ball is not behaving the way it used to and he's had it cleaned and resurfaced. (Although, I will say that I've heard that you'll never get a ball to react exactly the same as OOB surface.)

:confused:

im not expert but i think thats the ball burning up and losing energy

Me I'd Maybe do a Rotogrip Rumble for the THS here

http://www.rotogrip.com/balls/rumble

The ball is for my friend and hes a storm only guy other wise id recommend this ball

bowl1820
10-11-2013, 04:42 PM
The ball is for my friend and hes a storm only guy other wise id recommend this ball

Storm owns Roto grip and Roto Grip Balls are manufactured at Storm.

e-tank
10-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Storm owns Roto grip and Roto Grip Balls are manufactured at Storm.

i meant literally only storm balls not any branch company

after talking to him today hes looking for a pearl

dnhoffman
10-12-2013, 10:32 AM
If he's looking for a pearl and it has to be storm and it can't be from the master line (really?) then a freak'n'frantic is probably the best choice

sprocket
10-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Tour IQ pearl.

Zaxmazr
10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Tour IQ pearl.

This is a very popular ball in my league right now. See it every 4-5 lanes down.