PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Forgotten How To Bowl?

Bunny
10-11-2013, 02:28 AM
So for two frames in the middle of league tonight I completely forgot how to bowl. I literally couldn't bowl. I backed off the approach three times because I couldn't remember what foot to start with. Either foot felt wrong.

It was so strange.

I went up to the concourse to try to figure how to bowl before my next turn and there was a lady who was bowling next to us up on the concourse doing the same thing. She described exactly what I was feeling.

That was really strange!

Then a few minutes later, Whack! That dude smacks his head on the wood.

Weird night.

vdubtx
10-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Yes, I have had said brain fart moments. Would actually start with the wrong foot on approach and just keep going having to take a mini step to get back in time.

Mudpuppy
10-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Twilight zone - was Rod Sterling the dude who smacked his head on the wood or was it Aslan?

e-tank
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
happens when i stop practicing. One time i literally could not hook the ball lol

bowlerRob2
10-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a senior moment!!

Bunny
10-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, I have had said brain fart moments. Would actually start with the wrong foot on approach and just keep going having to take a mini step to get back in time.

Lol. I did the same thing on the next frame. :o

Sounds like a senior moment!!

Hey, now!! :p

Aslan
10-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Twilight zone - was Rod Sterling the dude who smacked his head on the wood or was it Aslan?

Both were kinda scary. When Bunny said she forgot how to bowl, all I could think was, "Aw crap...is she having a stroke?" And when that dude went down...I don't think I've ever seen someone hit their head so hard...and he wasn't moving...his eyes were rolled back under his eyelids...yikes.

Zaxmazr
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM
I forgot how to bowl "correctly" and "consistently" within the 4 years I was in college.

sprocket
10-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Not only have I forgotten how to bowl I don't think to this very day I have ever remembered how again! I now bowl thumbless and have for about 8-10 years. Prior to that I bowled thumb in and back in the early 90's average 216 doing so. Then things went downhill. I developed bad habits, like wrapping the ball behind my back. I took a few lesson but never enough. I tried thumbless out of frustration and found it solved several of my issues quickly. Now I am about to turn 50 and I know at some point I will need to go back to using my thumb. On top of that I really want to coach. Now if I had some fantastic thumbless delivery it would be one thing, but mine is just effective enough to get the job not. I would never want anyone to imitate it. How can I teach what I can't do?

After this season it is time for some lessons. Then I can feel a lot better about teaching.

Zaxmazr
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
After this season it is time for some lessons. Then I can feel a lot better about teaching.

I was thankful enough to get lessons from a family friend who works for Turbo 2-N-1 Grips back in high school. This is what took me from a Saturday league bowler (pre-highschool) to competitive bowler.

Hammer
10-20-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't know, I forget.

dnhoffman
10-20-2013, 10:13 AM
I have a team mate in one league who never throws the same delivery twice in a row.... I guess technically he doesn't forget, so much as he still hasn't learned in the forts place :p

MICHAEL
10-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a Close Encounter of the Weird kind!!! Any missing time???

MICHAEL
10-20-2013, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Aslan;93092]Both were kinda scary. When Bunny said she forgot how to bowl, all I could think was, "Aw crap...is she having a stroke?" And when that dude went down...I don't think I've ever seen someone hit their head so hard...and he wasn't moving...his eyes were rolled back under his eyelids...yikes.[/QUOTE

IN all seriousness it almost sound like a Mini Stroke! She should tell her doctor about that event!! It might be nothing, but then it could be a precursor to something much more serious. As you know that is not common!