Storm HyRoad Pearl
Layout via VLS (Vector Layout System):
4” x 4” x 2”
PAP:
4-1/2” -> ½” ^
Speed: 15 to 16 mph depending on lane play
Revs: 300 rpm range
Conditions:
A. Center A- 38’ house pattern*, Route 66 pattern from Kegel, PBA animal patterns (Cheetah, Chameleon, Shark, Bear and Badger) Kegel Kustodian Lane Walker, 7+ year old Qubica/AMF HPL lane surface and used the new Kegel Ice lane conditioner.
B. Center B- both 36’ and 39’ house patterns, newest generation Brunswick Anvil Lane surface, Kegel ION machine, type of oil unknown.
Hype an opinion are very powerful thoughts. Hype can make your expectations much higher than needed and opinion is the lasting thought that stays with you for the duration of the event.
There was great anticipation of the release of the HyRoad Pearl, as we all know, the original HyRoad has been the staple of many arsenals for over 5 years now! How can anyone even fathom a greater release? Enter the HyRoad Pearl!
Backend, there should be a picture of the Pearl next to that word in the dictionary. The motion of the ball is true to its history, with more length and more motion than its predecessor. The ball can charge so hard on the backend that if you are not in tune with your speed control, bad things will happen.
I have tried various surface preps ranging from factory, Ruff buff, Step 0ne finishing compound and 1000, 2000, 3000 Abralon finishes. Each one of these had a very added a dimension to the reaction that allowed me to use it on various PBA patterns this past summer.
My overall thoughts are this is a great piece to have in your arsenal. Some of you will choose it as your benchmark ball, others will bring it in in the middle of the 2nd game. Many of you will break it out past game in a tournament block. There is room in your bag for this ball.
Don’t be afraid to make surface adjustments to the coverstock to fine tune it to your roll, as great as this combination of core and cover are, fine tuning it will be a big plus in matching it to your game.
Does it live to the hype, most definitely yes? What will be your last opinion, your actions will decide that one for yourself!