PDA

View Full Version : arsenals

noeymc
10-13-2013, 07:14 PM
when you go out and buy a bowling ball whats your thought process that you put into it

for me i look for a ball that can fit my needs such as light oil

so right now i got

tzone plastic
rotogrip shatter
hammer taboo deep purple

just had my pro shop order me a roto grip scream so i will have a base ball for each type of oil

light scream
med shatter
heavy taboo

now the next ball i buy will prob be between my taboo and shatter and fill it in from there

how do you guys go about

dnhoffman
10-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Man.. I'm only playing THS this season but I still want to try every new gimmick out there. My current interest is lower end balls for better energy transfer and I really want to try a particle pearl... I'm am addict.

e-tank
10-14-2013, 01:28 AM
oil conditions mostly

i usually have a strong solid and pearl

med solid and pearl

for dry i have urethane, taboo spare, rhino pro steel

SouthpawTRK
10-14-2013, 03:31 AM
I would say that if you are building an arsenal for league that is based on a standard house shot, then having a spare ball, light oil, medium oil and heavy oil ball covers all the bases.

However, if you are talking about playing in a league and/or tournament where they are using challenging patterns, then the arsenal may need to be more varied. Besides having a ball to cover each condition, having other balls in the arsenal that are configured differently (pin down for example).

Zaxmazr
10-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Whenever I get a new ball, it's to correct or improve my shot on certain oil patterns.

noeymc
10-15-2013, 03:35 PM
oil conditions mostly

i usually have a strong solid and pearl

med solid and pearl

for dry i have urethane, taboo spare, rhino pro steel

to be honest ill prob never but another solid i think pearl is my kinda thing =D

e-tank
10-15-2013, 03:59 PM
to be honest ill prob never but another solid i think pearl is my kinda thing =D

im the opposite. I prefer solids haha

Stormed1
10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
When picking any ball , whether for THS or sport patternsI take into account lane surfaces I'm intending it for. I also take into account the ball motion I am looking for