PDA

View Full Version : Contest Oct 14, 2013 to Oct 20, 2013 - Roto Grip Deranged

BowlingBoards.com
10-14-2013, 12:20 AM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Deranged for a random poster from Oct 14, 2013 through Oct 20, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

e-tank
10-14-2013, 12:26 AM
good luck everyone

heres the vid of the ball reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYZQXsltdo

cdvon
10-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Teammate has one. Hits like a truck.

STRYKER
10-14-2013, 10:13 AM
this ball looks good on video but looks better in person one of the guys on my thursday league has one

circlecity
10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
I've been leaning to roto-grip for my next ball so this would be a nice prize.

vdubtx
10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Good luck all!!

Mudpuppy
10-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I like the name of the ball and I have been wanting to try out roto grip. Bonus I am currently in the market for a new ball.

Arc&Roll
10-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Guess I didn't win last week. A "Deranged" would be a nice addition to my bag !!!

striker12
10-14-2013, 11:56 AM
the deranged is a good ball but will not work for me at all at the bowling alley i bowl at, i got too much speed and revs that i'm already playing straight up the 3 board with my brawler and freeze you cant cross boards much here so the ball will not hook back in but the bowling alley i bowl at is more ment for slower bowlers but im trying to slow down i'm throwing maby 18mph compared to the 20-21 mph i use to throw

JDHamm85
10-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Yall might as well give up. Another facebook post won it last week. It has been what now, 2 months since a poster won?

At least increase your chances and like/share on facebook too. If you can't beat em, join em lol.

striker12
10-14-2013, 12:42 PM
thats 5 weeks in a row i dont think they are even looking at anyone on the boards anymore and all the posts we are making if they where smart they would stop picking facebook and pick the board members so they can get people over here no since fb has been winning who woulod come here no one

e-tank
10-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Yall might as well give up. Another facebook post won it last week. It has been what now, 2 months since a poster won?

At least increase your chances and like/share on facebook too. If you can't beat em, join em lol.

tbh ive done this from the beginning lol

usually mondays i like and comment bowlboards as well as bowlingball

then spend the rest of the week here replying and posting questions

Aslan
10-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Lets not get too out of hand here...

1) It's giving away a free ball. I congtaulate the site for doing it...whether I ever win or not.
2) I doubt it's a "conspiracy". There are probably a large number of Facebook folks...a relatively smaller number of forum folks that are actively posting...AND...the forum posts need to be of a certain "quality" (which cancels out 90% of mine).

I like this ball, it's on my "wish list"...I'd love to win it...but at the end of the day...it's a contest, a giveaway. If they take balls from us to give away randomly...well, then thats different. But its their game, their giveaway, their investment...whatever. Maybe someday I'll win...probably never...if it happens it happens.

sara2117
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
I like your attitude Aslan. I hate it when people are angry about not winning, if it happens it happens, if not it wasn't meant to be.
Off topic does anyone know how to put your stats like high game and such on the bottom of where you post?

e-tank
10-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Lets not get too out of hand here...

1) It's giving away a free ball. I congtaulate the site for doing it...whether I ever win or not.
2) I doubt it's a "conspiracy". There are probably a large number of Facebook folks...a relatively smaller number of forum folks that are actively posting...AND...the forum posts need to be of a certain "quality" (which cancels out 90% of mine).

I like this ball, it's on my "wish list"...I'd love to win it...but at the end of the day...it's a contest, a giveaway. If they take balls from us to give away randomly...well, then thats different. But its their game, their giveaway, their investment...whatever. Maybe someday I'll win...probably never...if it happens it happens.

i think its more so it has to do with the contests originally only being on here. Posters here contribute and interact meanwhile people on fb click like and whine about how much they need the ball as a comment. The goal of fb is to get people to join here, but them giving away mostly to fb goes against that business plan as your chances are better on fb and it requires about 1 min of effort.

MICHAEL
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Being somewhat deranged myself, it might be a great match..

Aslan
10-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I like your attitude Aslan. :eek:

Whoa. That has never been said before.

You're a new person Sara...after a certain number of posts, you can add a "signature" by going to your "settings" tab.

noeymc
10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Roto grip have won me over from hammer with the roto grip shatter next 2 balls i get this year will be scream and either this or disturbed havn't really thought about what one yet but one of them

ragstormfan
10-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Would love to get the chance to throw a Roto Grip ball!

bigjimbo316
10-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Would really love to win this ball. I've been hearing good things about it.

sara2117
10-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Okay, Thank you Aslan. I had been wondering.

Woodmaster
10-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Roto Grip is one Brand I've yet to try.... Willing to do it now. :)
You guys ROCK!!!!

e-tank
10-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Roto grip have won me over from hammer with the roto grip shatter next 2 balls i get this year will be scream and either this or disturbed havn't really thought about what one yet but one of them

the distubed looks like an awesome ball but youd need enough oil for it. I think the scream would fit nicely under your shatter

Rhoads
10-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Would love to get the chance to throw a Roto Grip ball!

mike_thomas93
10-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Well it has green on it, and it's my favorite color. I suppose I can look good throwing this ball. Gotta keep an open mind(:

circlecity
10-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Did they announce a winner for this ball yet?

dnhoffman
10-22-2013, 08:26 AM
yes, facebooker, again.

circlecity
10-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Is there an official rules and terms page for these contests? Most official contests and such are suppose to have one. Or is the original post suppose to be the rules.

manke
10-22-2013, 02:02 PM
WHERE do you find out who won it?

e-tank
10-22-2013, 03:04 PM
WHERE do you find out who won it?

its announced on bowlingboards facebook