PDA

View Full Version : My Absense

The German Shepherd
10-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone. I apologize for my absense as of the last couple of weeks. Once again, I have been suffering from back issues. This time, however, the problem has been much more serious. I herniated my L-4 and my L-5 and have been having a hard time even walking with pain and numbness in my right leg - even down to my right ankle. My chiropractor has outlawed bowling for the last few weeks, but I am finally feeling like I might try this week. The inability to do the things I anjoy has left me with a case of the blues (read - self pity) and I have not participated in any of my bowling forums or even held a bowling balls for these days.

At any rate, I am feeling 60% better at this point. I go in for traction therapy every other day and it seems to be helping. I am planning on ginving the Seniors' league shot this Wednesday and if all goes well, then I will get back to Monday night next week as well...

Cheers to you all!:)

Jay

Bunny
10-14-2013, 12:43 PM
So sorry to hear of your back troubles. I can relate. I have displaced disks in my neck and lower back. Not fun.

Mine flared up yesterday not sure if I'll be able to bowl tomorrow night league, hopefully Thursday.

Hang in there! It will get better!!

Good luck Wednesday! :)

Mudpuppy
10-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Best of luck Jay. Hope you feel better and get back to bowling full time.

e-tank
10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
wishing you a strong recovery

whatre you doing for traction?

The German Shepherd
10-15-2013, 10:35 AM
wishing you a strong recovery

whatre you doing for traction?

My chiropractor has a traction table with a variable weight system. Thus far I am up to 85 pounds of traction....hoping this will help me grow three inches!

vdubtx
10-15-2013, 11:25 AM
As I said on the other board, don't get back into it without your Chiro's consent. Could make things worse in the end.

Best of luck to you on a speedy recovery. :)

Zaxmazr
10-16-2013, 12:11 PM
At least you can talk with us on the forums!

e-tank
10-16-2013, 02:11 PM
My chiropractor has a traction table with a variable weight system. Thus far I am up to 85 pounds of traction....hoping this will help me grow three inches!

haha maybe you can go from a German Shepperd to a great dane!