10-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Storm Byte
PAP – 5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17 mph
Rev Rate 300-350
Right Handed
Layout 5x5x2.5
Surface Preparation: OTB

What I wanted from this Ball: Being a huge fan of the Storm Sync, I wanted a pearl version of it. Sometimes my Sync starts too early and I wanted to be able to stay on the same line and switch to something exactly like it but Pearl.

Result: One of the best compliments to a ball I have ever thrown! I am able to simply switch when my Byte starts to roll too early and stay right where I have been on the lanes with the same awesome backend reaction.

I tested this ball on our at home house condition on our wood lanes. The house pattern is heavy oil 16-18 ft. and buffed down to 32 ft. Our typical house pattern is not an easy pattern and usually creates carry down on the outsides of the lane and a massive snap in the middle. An out of bounds typically forms quickly and the mid-lane becomes very dry. I bowled 5 games on our pattern and found this ball to be clean through the heads and keep the strong backend reaction. The ball continued to stay very clean through the heads for all five games which is exactly what I wanted. Over the course of the next 5 games, I moved deep inside. I was able to create a hard arcing reaction with this ball on our shot while still clearing our dry head area and have the same hitting power I had earlier. I tried to use this ball up the outer portion of our lanes, but as expected, the out of bounds wasn’t complimentary to this ball for me and I got over under as expected.

The Storm Byte is a great compliment to the Sync. I rely on this ball for conditions when I don’t quite want to switch to a pearl ball yet, but my solid is starting to move too much.

I highly recommend this ball to all bowlers with many different styles. I have sold several of these balls with no complaints from any customer and even better feedback than most balls. Most customers report that this ball is much bigger than they even expected.

Sean Baker
Storm/Roto Grip Pro Shop Staff
Bowl Like A Pro Shop
Paducah Ky 42001

Aslan
10-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I want one!!!