PDA

View Full Version : my fail as a clutch bowler

noeymc
10-18-2013, 09:31 PM
tuesday league we won the first game by over 100 pins =D i think i shot a 174

game 2 i am running on 2 stirkes going into the 10th and i need to strike out for us to win first 2 balls perfect felt good looked good and then it happens i muscled my ball at the last sec after working on not doing that all summer it popd back up -_- i think i shot a 206 or 216 i forget we lose

game 3 we won shot a 176

but i cant believe i made such a dumb mental mistake :( gotta get better at that clutch stuff for sure

Arc&Roll
10-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Don't sweat it. It happens to everyone at one time or another. Remember - its a team game (league). Some nights you play my game -- "Help or Hindrance?" -- unfortunately there are times you don't win - you may be the help or you may be the hindrance to winning. Just make the best from the experience. Always use it as a learning moment not a punishment. Positive attitude will get you through the next time you face this circumstance. Good luck.

dnhoffman
10-18-2013, 09:52 PM
I bowl anchor on my both my teams and have both won and lost a game by 1 freakin pin. No worries...

vdubtx
10-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Being in those situations more and more will make you a better bowler. The more you are in them the better you can deal with it and improve your performance in the clutch. Keep at it.

noeymc
10-19-2013, 08:38 AM
i am the set up guys on both my teams and it came down to i needed to strike out and did my buddy vince for us to win was so close

dnhoffman
10-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Just tell yourself "Act like you been here before"

bowlerRob2
10-19-2013, 03:33 PM
The important thing about clutch bowling is not to beat up on yourself when you don't come through. Last night in my mixed league I lost my first game point to an opponent who beat me by one pin. I failed to convert a 1/2/8 in the 10th frame or I would have had that game. It went light on the head pin and only picked off the 1 and 2; leaving the 8 standing.

I shook that off by stepping off the lanes going to get a refreshment. I beat the opponent by 3 pins in the 2nd game converting a difficult (for me) 3/6/10 in the 10th to get it.

In the 3rd game, I crushed the opponent with 4 strikes filling the 9 and 10th frames. That also helped my team crush the other team and win total points for the night.

In the "clutch moments" I focused only on the job at hand (hitting my intended mark) and tuning everything else out. It doesn't always work like in my first game so you have to just brush those off. You will have other opportunities and learn to tune out the pressure and focus on the immediate job at hand.

But no fair beating up on yourself; I said so LOL.

dnhoffman
10-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Hah, I beat myself up when I leave an open frame... I've yet to make it through an entire league night without an open, came close though left one in the second game only last Tuesday.

noeymc
10-19-2013, 04:52 PM
yea i understand it happens but i my mind i cant let little dumb physical mistakes be the reason i know i am to good a bowler to let it happen and i also know ive been to cluth in other aspects of my life to let that happen so when it does its hard to wrap my brain around it ya know?

Zaxmazr
10-21-2013, 09:41 AM
I've seen some people have amazing games, bowl x amount of strikes in a row, last shot in the 10th, gutter. You could only feel bad for the person!