PDA

View Full Version : Censored words?

dnhoffman
10-20-2013, 12:49 PM
I see bowl1820 has edited a lot of posts for censored words. I had the word "crappier" and "pissed" censored.

These aren't even curse words, what's the deal? Is there an actual list of censored words or are we just posting in China?

I'm all for keeping it clean, but if you start censoring everyone based on a list of words that only one person finds offensive you'll have even less traffic on this site than you already do.

noeymc
10-20-2013, 01:32 PM
you gotta understand that kids are on this site and no they are not curse words but some younger kids parents may not like them

bowl1820
10-20-2013, 03:05 PM
I see bowl1820 has edited a lot of posts for censored words. I had the word "crappier" and "pissed" censored.

These aren't even curse words, what's the deal? Is there an actual list of censored words or are we just posting in China?

I'm all for keeping it clean, but if you start censoring everyone based on a list of words that only one person finds offensive you'll have even less traffic on this site than you already do.

I was in a mood, thinking about the comments about the mods and didn't want to get a bunch of reported post messages because a post title had pissed in it.

But I thought better about it now. If you want to go and put them back go ahead. I don't care.

update I changed it back for you.

But if you want to see censorship, we could get them to turn the automatic censor system back on (There is one, we got them to turn it off a long while back and yes its got list..). Then you'd see some censoring going on.

Someone said something about having mods approve posts, Theres a system for that too (moderate posts). and yes it is a unilateral decision if the mod approves and thinks a post is worthy of being posted.

Of course posters would have to wait anywhere from a minute to a week or more to see if their post even got posted depending on when a mod got around to approving posts.

It would help things if a couple of users would quit sniping at each other.

dnhoffman
10-20-2013, 04:40 PM
It would help things if a couple of users would quit sniping at each other.

Agreed, I'm done with that.

Thanks for the response.