PDA

View Full Version : Pinky Finger Tucking

circlecity
10-20-2013, 07:26 PM
I tuck my pinky finger in on all my shots except my 10 pin. It was a little trick I was taught as a kid to slow down my ball speed. Any others do this for any various reason?

vdubtx
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I tuck my pinky also. Put a little more on the ball when delivering. I also un tuck when I pick up right side leaves and also when I need to take a bit off the ball when lanes dry up.

Perrin
10-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I usually don't tuck my pinky (broke that bone in my hand when I was in high school)

BUT when I need to add more length to my shot I will tuck the pinky. For me it causes a change in the angle I am holding the ball and gives me more Tilt.

MICHAEL
10-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I some times use the mongoose wrist support, just to keep my shot more uniform! It trains me in regards keeping the wrist constantly in position!

With the mongoose, you can tuck you pinky into the strap next to your ring finger if you like, and it gives you a lot of the same properties you get when tucking with out the mongoose.

The mongoose is very comfortable, with I believe memory foam on the back side, and it conforms to the wrist, keeps the wrist from opening up! A thing that happens to a lot of bowlers IMHA! Its what happens when the ball hits the pocket flat, with little ark!

I know my son who is new to bowling got one as a training devise, and its working great for him! He was having problems keeping his wrist in a uniform position.
some times he would flatten out, other times cock it too much...

Hey he started out a few weeks ago with a low 100 average, and now is up to 165! He throws a real good ball with great rev's, I really think that by the end of this his FIRST SEASON bowling, he will be close to a 200 average.

I did show him how to TUCK the pinky finger in to change the angle/rev's of the ball, and it does make a difference..