PDA

View Full Version : Contest Oct 21, 2013 to Oct 27, 2013 - Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown

BowlingBoards.com
10-21-2013, 12:24 AM
We are giving away a Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown for a random poster from Oct 21, 2013 through Oct 27, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Aslan
10-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Since I'm the most popular poster on this site...I think I should win it. :o

e-tank
10-21-2013, 12:48 AM
heres the reaction vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6oSmpCROEs

good luck this week everyone!

Perrin
10-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Great bowling ball. That reminds me I need to get a picture of mine posted up.

striker12
10-21-2013, 09:41 AM
its probly going to go to another person off fb again

Zaxmazr
10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Good luck and Good bowling!

Mudpuppy
10-21-2013, 09:49 AM
I like the way they rotate the different balls and manufacturers in this give away. Good variety.

MICHAEL
10-21-2013, 09:53 AM
It is a great ball!!! Lot's of luck to everyone!!

circlecity
10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't think I've ever thrown a brunswick ball before.

mike_thomas93
10-21-2013, 02:27 PM
And if that's the case, I don't think any of us on here would be able to win anymore. ://

striker12
10-21-2013, 02:35 PM
nope thats whats 6 weeks in a row that fb has won a bowling ball and let me guess there have been 0 new people from facebook to the boards since fb people started winning.

like one thing i have noticed was that bowlingboards dose not come on here anymore to count up posts they only seem to go to the facebook page to pick a winner it only seems they come on here after they post a fb winner on facebook.

Zaxmazr
10-21-2013, 02:36 PM
its probly going to go to another person off fb again

This has been the trend since I joined it seems :(

striker12
10-21-2013, 02:41 PM
This has been the trend since I joined it seems :(

its not just you look how bad the boards have been the past week the chat area is slow for posting msg's but then there was that malewar virus thing that happened.

but the main key i never see bowlingboards on here at all other then after they have picked a winner from facebook.

e-tank
10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
i cant comfirm since im not admin but it seems like the only people that join from fb are the 1 post in the contest thread a week users

striker12
10-21-2013, 03:04 PM
i cant comfirm since im not admin but it seems like the only people that join from fb are the 1 post in the contest thread a week users

yeah and they never come back at all other then to make maby another post in the new contest thread i have been recording all the posts being made on the boards here and there is not that maby after this week i will say how much it has gone down since they stop picking board members

e-tank
10-21-2013, 03:14 PM
yeah and they never come back at all other then to make maby another post in the new contest thread i have been recording all the posts being made on the boards here and there is not that maby after this week i will say how much it has gone down since they stop picking board members

at the same time, complaining wont do anything seeing as board members have been complaining about it since the announcement of fb being included in the contest. Regardless of how many pms the admin has gotten since then, fb still continues to win 9/10 contests

panbanger
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Aren't you people learning from FB? You have to BEG for it!

striker12
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
at the same time, complaining wont do anything seeing as board members have been complaining about it since the announcement of fb being included in the contest. Regardless of how many pms the admin has gotten since then, fb still continues to win 9/10 contests

yeah i'm taking down these numbers and on monday of next week im going to be sending bowlingboards a msg with the numbers and they are going to see how thats the boards has dropped in everything and all the new members i'm adding up all the bots that have be joining because if you take a look at the whos online and see the leaf type of sign below the instant msg area and look at where all those people are all they mostly go to the youth, high school and college bowling pages and they sit there for hrs

striker12
10-21-2013, 03:22 PM

yeah panbanger difference between us and the fb people at least we joined the boards and contribute in with helping people and getting help so we dont have to beg for anything because we are all better then them

e-tank
10-21-2013, 03:24 PM

"please pick me! My hellraiser revenge cracked and i need a new ball! I never win anything :("

if i win this week youre a wizard

noeymc
10-21-2013, 03:40 PM
lol good luck everyone

Aslan
10-21-2013, 04:35 PM

I will beg for NOTHING!!

Unless they give away an Aura Mystic....then I may beg. I may even show some nudity... (hint, hint)

Jaescrub
10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
It's sad many many deserving ppl on here putting in the work and doing good to not get a cut of the pie :/ good luck to all of
You.

bowl1820
10-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Hope I win this ball, I've been on here coming up on 4 years and haven't won squat.

Hammer
10-21-2013, 11:41 PM
So I guess that it is false advertising when they tell us that all our posts count towards chances to win the ball each week. Has anyone here won a ball by just being on the FORUM and not on FB? Well I guess that I will just have to be satisfied with my two balls I have now. :cool:

Aslan
10-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Hope I win this ball, I've been on here coming up on 4 years and haven't won squat.

:D Well Played!!

Aslan
10-22-2013, 03:14 AM
So I guess that it is false advertising when they tell us that all our posts count towards chances to win the ball each week. Has anyone here won a ball by just being on the FORUM and not on FB? Well I guess that I will just have to be satisfied with my two balls I have now. :cool:

False advertising doesn't work like that. Since the forum is free, you're not buying anything. So they're luring you to a site...but you're not being asked to pay for anything. And they aren't trying to sell you anything. You'd have a better false advertising case against dating sites that lure you in with promises of love yet leave out important things like the girl to guy ratio being between 2:3 and 1:5.

panbanger
10-22-2013, 08:53 AM
The comment to bowlingball.com's FB post this morning pretty much says it all. Note that it isn't even a contest post, it's a post about balls for sale

cdvon
10-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Love brunswick. Making great balls.

panbanger
10-22-2013, 09:17 AM

You need to win something just for making me always think there is a bug on my screen when I see your signature. I mean you think I would have learned by now but no, it still gets me.

circlecity
10-22-2013, 09:17 AM
False advertising doesn't work like that. Since the forum is free, you're not buying anything. So they're luring you to a site...but you're not being asked to pay for anything. And they aren't trying to sell you anything. You'd have a better false advertising case against dating sites that lure you in with promises of love yet leave out important things like the girl to guy ratio being between 2:3 and 1:5.

True this isn't false advertising but there are sweepstakes and contests laws I believe.

Perrin
10-22-2013, 09:43 AM
I will beg for NOTHING!!

Unless they give away an Aura Mystic....then I may beg. I may even show some nudity... (hint, hint)

I for one would like to officially request no Aura Mystic be put up for winning... I don't want to see that :rolleyes::)

bigjimbo316
10-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Would love to win this. Could use a new ball, especially since the 2nd half of the season will start before I know it.

manke
10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I could use a new ball!!!

Jaescrub
10-22-2013, 10:33 PM
The sad part is getting naked will win a bowling ball give a way ha ha ha

striker12
10-22-2013, 10:43 PM

bowl i see your saying 4 years and you join date is dec 2008 so wouldn't it be 5 years this december because this is 2013 unless im counting wrong

e-tank
10-23-2013, 12:03 AM
The comment to bowlingball.com's FB post this morning pretty much says it all. Note that it isn't even a contest post, it's a post about balls for sale

loled at comment

Aslan
10-23-2013, 11:51 AM
The sad part is getting naked will win a bowling ball give a way ha ha ha

1) Wait...where? Is she hot?
2) Getting naked to win stuff...tends to work for 20 something through 50 something women. Getting naked when you're a man usually only wins you a permanent spot on your State's sex offender registry. Then you gotta weigh winning a ball versus not being able to give out Halloween candy...so I guess it depends on the ball. Meanstreak Beatdown or Pyramid Path...not worth it. But, If they give out an Aura Mystic or a new Storm Byte...then ya really, really gotta think twice. :rolleyes: :cool:

Jaescrub
10-23-2013, 01:04 PM
I won a buddy of mine a Hammer Cold Blood about 2 weeks back by getting naked ;)

Aslan
10-23-2013, 01:48 PM
I won a buddy of mine a Hammer Cold Blood about 2 weeks back by getting naked ;)

Really? Where at? Because I'm currently getting naked for free so if I can get some kinda payoff for it...I'd be interested. I have no restrictions such as shame or pride...so let me know where I can take advantage of that deal.

ragstormfan
10-23-2013, 06:42 PM
My Brawler is calling for its brother!!!!! (GIVE IT TO MEEE!!!!!) LOL

striker12
10-23-2013, 07:25 PM

lol i seen that picture on hammers facebook page i was going to do the same thing but a real ice ball with no water but problem the store down the street was all out of ice and i needed at least 10-15 bags then i was going to use one of my bowling balls stands and put in on the edge of the tube and make it look like my hammer ball is in it with me.

Arc&Roll
10-24-2013, 09:50 AM
I could use a new ball in the worst way !! Can anyone get me some game to go with it? The struggles continue.....

Aslan
10-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I could use a new ball in the worst way !! Can anyone get me some game to go with it? The struggles continue.....

I think Brunswick guarantees a 20-pin increase in average whenever you buy a Meanstreak Beatdown...so yes, "game" comes with it.

Ya know why I should win this ball?? And I JUST realized this (way to go me for paying attention)...October 27th is MY BIRTHDAY!!! Go Aslan...it's your birthday! Go Aslan, it's yer birthday!!

Someone is getting a new bowling ball for his birthday!!! And that somebody is MEeeeeee!

sara2117
10-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I've only ever had one Brunswick ball, a slingshot when I first started bowling. I didn't bowl with it long, it was too reactive and I had no idea what I was doing!

ggranger97
10-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Beatdown is a great ball. Nice smooth strong motion

STRYKER
10-25-2013, 08:24 PM
havent seen one in person yet but ive heard the ball hits like a truck

noeymc
10-26-2013, 08:27 AM
i hate when i see people come here and say i really need a new ball ever thought about saving up the roto grip scream price just got cut big time should be around 90 bucks at most pro shops now need a ball there ya go

striker12
10-27-2013, 08:50 AM
i hate when i see people come here and say i really need a new ball ever thought about saving up the roto grip scream price just got cut big time should be around 90 bucks at most pro shops now need a ball there ya go

hey noeymc i need new bowling balls to replace the ones i just sold lol

Aslan
10-27-2013, 02:58 PM

I'm gonna actually agree with nomc here…so many people out there saying how bad they need a free ball…yet I bought a Storm Polar Ice on Ebay for less than $8. Many pro-shops have good used balls for $12-$15…and good entry level balls for $59-$79.

Roto Grip Scream for $90??? Hmmm…I may have to do some bargain shopping...

Aslan
10-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Roto Grip Scream for $90??? Hmmm…I may have to do some bargain shopping...

Nevermind. Just did a little online shopping, the Scream is more entry level than I thought it was and you can get them as low as $65.

Mike White
10-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I think Brunswick guarantees a 20-pin increase in average whenever you buy a Meanstreak Beatdown...so yes, "game" comes with it.

If this were true, I'd buy 3.

Aslan
10-28-2013, 12:14 PM
If this were true, I'd buy 3.

I don't think it's accumulative. I think you have to at least buy 3 different Brunswicks to get 60 pins.

Jaescrub
10-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Grats to Bowl1820 4 years of waiting to win and you bring the W back to the board members!!!! Woop woop ;)

Aslan
10-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Grats to Bowl1820 4 years of waiting to win and you bring the W back to the board members!!!! Woop woop ;)

Did I win???