PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions about Two Handers

Bunny
10-21-2013, 11:42 AM
A couple of good questions came up in a conversation about two-handers in the Pro Shop last night...

Are some of the two-handers actually coming over the top of the ball and pushing down with the their free hand to impart more spin or movement on the ball?

And, if they are, is it leagal to do so? :confused:

vdubtx
10-21-2013, 12:18 PM
That is kind of the point of two handed bowlers, more revs are put on the ball due to the delivery of it. It is legal per USBC/PBA.

During my practice yesterday, a father and son were bowling 2 pairs beside me. Kid was 7 years old and he had a unique 2 hand delivery that he was very accurate with. He wouldn't get down to the line and deliver like many 2 handers do, more he would release from a slight bend over and loft slightly on the lane. The kid beat his Dad in every game they bowled. Good for him I say as the Dad was an ***(donkey rear) and was berating the kid for asking if he should put "Dad" into the score screen or not. Dad was telling the kid he should make his own decision for once in his life and continued on for 2-3 minutes. Oi Vay!! Epic facepalm!!!

circlecity
10-21-2013, 02:25 PM
it appears to be legal everywhere I guess. Are there any left handed 2 handed bowlers out there? I only see right handed.

J Anderson
10-21-2013, 02:28 PM
A couple of good questions came up in a conversation about two-handers in the Pro Shop last night...

Are some of the two-handers actually coming over the top of the ball and pushing down with the their free hand to impart more spin or movement on the ball?

And, if they are, is it leagal to do so? :confused:

I think that they are using the other hand to get a higher rev rate. They are however keeping the ball side hand almost completely underneath the ball until the release.

There is nothing against the two handed technique in the U.S.B.C. rules. My pet peeve is that it's illegal for me to switch from right handed to lefty while the two-handers are allowed to switch from two to one any time they want.

J Anderson
10-21-2013, 02:31 PM
it appears to be legal everywhere I guess. Are there any left handed 2 handed bowlers out there? I only see right handed.

I've run into at least one, scary good for an eighteen year old kid!

Bunny
10-21-2013, 02:38 PM

Will Garber, Wayne's son.

He bowled in RPI West/Northwest Invitational over the weekend with his Dad. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-bAZ_yB6nA

sprocket
10-21-2013, 06:03 PM
No I don't think the other hand imparts revs. It does, however split the weight of the ball between the two hands up to the point of release so the ball feels lighter. At the point of release the swing momentum is already there and the spare hand leaves the ball just before the other hand releases it. There's a few slo-mo videos of Belmo on youtube.

Bunny
10-21-2013, 08:33 PM

And this local kid Wesley Low Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnBzA9VACs