PDA

View Full Version : Back after two months of no bowling!

panbanger
10-21-2013, 03:22 PM
I tried posting this last week, but the site wasn't working so whoop here it is

After summer leagues ended I didn't bowl because my girlfriend and I began the fun, stress-free process of moving! Looking for a new place, packing, switching utilities...I'm sure many of you here know the drill and how brain scrambling it is. So bowling went on the back burner. Finally got settled in to the new place and I hit up the nearest alley. It's a 64 lane place that I think used to be a Don Carter's. Managed to get in 4 games

After the first game my dear old friend Mr. Ten Pin decided to pay me a few visits! Oh how I missed him! I mean that literally. I missed him, like three frames in a row! Then by the end of the third game my thumb started to blister a bit - the skin had gotten soft after only two months of non-bowling. Oh well, time to toughen up and get back on track! Soon I'll see about any open spots available on a league or two, and jump in to this season! Better late than never :)

bowlerRob2
10-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Those seem like pretty good games for not bowling at all for two months. And yeah oh that Mr. Ten Pin.. I only left one last week at league and missed it. Slap on my wrist.

MICHAEL
10-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Not bad at all!! I did learn something that seems to help me with that damn 10 pin! I move back 1 foot, giving the ball a little more angle going into the pocket! It has worked great for me,,, might give it a try when they start poping up! Depending on what you need, you can move up also depending on how much distance you have from the foul line! It all depends on how it looks to me going into the pocket!

You all have heard about the move left or right, but up and back was a new one that works for me! Good luck, and good bowling!!!

Mudpuppy
10-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Still way early in the season. Good luck.

dnhoffman
10-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Great start, glad you're back in the swing of things (get it... Swing... Ya.... I'm not funny...)

circlecity
10-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Oh how I missed him! I mean that literally. I missed him, like three frames in a row! Then by the end of the third game my thumb started to blister a bit - the skin had gotten soft after only two months of non-bowling. Oh well, time to toughen up and get back on track!

Have you had problems with blisters before? Seems odd with only 3 games in. Perhaps you need your equipment checked.