PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get a new ball (900 Global)

Bowl304
10-25-2013, 03:11 PM
So as the title states I'm looking to get a new ball but I'm not sure if either will fit my arsenal well. I'm currently throwing a Bounty Hunter and Wisdom R/S, both are pin-up. I see myself as a down and in bowler and I love getting that length and strong backend. I'm looking to get both the Desert Hook (I really need a dry lanes ball for where I shoot most) and the Protocol. The dilemma for me is, can the Protocol complement the Bounty Hunter by being the a stronger ball? Or should I be looking elsewhere for a heavier and longer pattern ball?

scruffwhor
10-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I have the Black Eagle and War Eagle. I have no experience with the balls you mentioned. I LOVE my War Eagle and its drilled with my ring finger hole right on the pin and a weight hole. The backend movement is great. I rarely leave solid tens with that ball even when I miss my mark by a board left or right.

The black eagle, which I don't think is made anymore, will be plugged and redrilled from its original pin up location. This ball has a backend snap but is pretty angular.

I know 900 global recently released the Black Eagle Pearl, but I have no knowledge about its action.

That's my 2 cents, War Eagle gets two thumbs up, for what its worth!

Stormed1
10-27-2013, 12:45 AM
The Eagle pearl will fit between your Bounty Hunter and your Wisdom.