PDA

View Full Version : Contest Oct 28, 2013 to Nov 03, 2013 - Storm Hy-Road Pearl

BowlingBoards.com
10-28-2013, 12:03 AM
We are giving away a Storm Hy-Road Pearl for a random poster from Oct 28, 2013 through Nov 03, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

e-tank
10-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Video of the Hy road pearl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzy9IHroJo

good luck to everyone

Aslan
10-28-2013, 02:47 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

This.

Jaescrub
10-28-2013, 12:28 PM
The wife has this ball likes it a lot. Its her go to when her lucids look is off due to oil transition.

e-tank
10-28-2013, 12:46 PM
The wife has this ball likes it a lot. Its her go to when her lucids look is off due to oil transition.

Gf likes hers as well. She used to throw a beat up 12lb storm tropical storm then i got the hy road for her in 14lb. Could just be the newer ball or the move up in weight but her avg has increased about 10 pins after she started using this ball.

striker12
10-28-2013, 01:13 PM
great looking ball but i dont need another ball right know working on my bowling swing where im now coking my wrist to soon and making me mess up my throw did it on saturday and it felt alot better then what i was doing but was abit weird at first will take a few weeks to get use to it.

manke
10-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Would like to try the new hy road heard a lot of good things about the ball!!!!

Arc&Roll
10-28-2013, 10:42 PM
My buddy just got the Hy road -- he loves it. Send one my way so I can fall in love too !!!

cdvon
10-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Great ball.

mike_thomas93
10-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Worth a shot. Nothing to lose. ;p

sara2117
10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
I've heard great things about the Hy-Road. One of my friend bowled jr. Gold with it and did great!

bigjimbo316
10-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Really hope I win this!!

STRYKER
10-29-2013, 07:31 PM
would be nice to win this as a late birthday present for my wife she needs a new ball

ragstormfan
10-30-2013, 07:12 PM
I have the Crossroad, and I never got to through the Hy-Road or the T-Road Pearl. I want this ball to give me a good pearl ball as well, I have almost all solids and hybrids.

Mudpuppy
10-31-2013, 03:58 PM
What is the scent of this ball? Aslan told me that the smell of the ball of utmost importance when he 2 hand bowls.

Aslan
10-31-2013, 07:47 PM
What is the scent of this ball? Aslan told me that the smell of the ball of utmost importance when he 2 hand bowls.

You sir are a "hater".

http://31.media.tumblr.com/aba92c79564b49aaabfd6fd49eb9e07c/tumblr_ms0ah8XddV1swp729o1_500.gif

You're gonna get DNHoffman's panties in a bunch. He doesn't like that topic.

mike_thomas93
11-01-2013, 11:11 PM
If you're asking the scent of the Hy-Road Pearl, Mudpuppy, it's grape punch.

e-tank
11-02-2013, 06:40 PM
If you're asking the scent of the Hy-Road Pearl, Mudpuppy, it's grape punch.

smells pretty awesome if i dont say so myself

mike_thomas93
11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Yeah. To add to that, Hy-Road Pearl is similar to the Reign On. Reign On is Grape. Just Grape. And this Byte is Mulberry:pp

sara2117
11-04-2013, 09:47 AM
I think scent matters a lot especially if you have a sensitive nose. Don't want to be gagging on the approach. Lol

vdubtx
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Congrats on winning Sara2117.

mike_thomas93
11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Sara, you just won yourself a Storm Hy-Road Pearl. Whoo-hoo!!! Congrats :D

JDHamm85
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Nice, 8 posts and a winner!

See, it isnt about the number of posts. Just gotta be sure that the post they do pick is bowling related.

Perrin
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
after the other post all I can say is I hope Sara likes Grape scent :)

Aslan
11-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Nice, 8 posts and a winner!

See, it isnt about the number of posts. Just gotta be sure that the post they do pick is bowling related.

I just hope, OF the EIGHT posts...ALL of which were in giveaway threads...that QUALITY post that was chosen was where she said she liked my attitude and NOT where she mentioned how scent matters.

:mad: :rolleyes:

I mean...2 posts per week...when there are what, 1100 posts total per week?? Thats a 1 in 500 shot. Even if we take out the Facebook users (which would make the odds many times smaller) and just use the forum folks, thats 500-1. Me thinks Sara is a 4-leaf clover and should sit on my lap during my poker game next weekend. Or give me the winning powerball numbers or something.

P.S. Wait...she is also on Facebook right? Maybe she was a random Facebook user chosen and it had nothing to do with her posts...

sara2117
11-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you to all that congratulated me! I may not have a lot of post but that's because I just signed up a couple months ago. I'm a league bowler who does a lot of tournaments so its wonderful to get something I'll use.

Aslan
11-04-2013, 05:06 PM
after the other post all I can say is I hope Sara likes Grape scent :)

Well duh. I mean, if the ball didn't have a grape scent she'd just throw it in the trash upon receipt. :rolleyes:

Aslan
11-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you to all that congratulated me! I may not have a lot of post but that's because I just signed up a couple months ago. I'm a league bowler who does a lot of tournaments so its wonderful to get something I'll use.

So is that a firm "maybe" on the lap/powerball thing??? :o

Alls I know lil lady...is you are now 1/8 of your way towards a DV8 Dude!! You better hope drilling is affordable in....wait...your profile doesn't have a location...well, wherever you live.

sara2117
11-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Just because something smells I'm not going to throw it away, I have to save my money to get the things I need so I've learned not to waste or miss a opportunity. I wasn't saying that earlier to be rude about smell. Drilling is 40 bucks a ball so I'll have to save up for that too. Lol Aslan I'll pass on the lap sitting. I don't believe in luck, I'm one of those "Holy Rollers" as some call it so I believe everything happens for a reason.

Jaescrub
11-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Sara grats and from the last post you must be a witness yes?

sara2117
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks Jaescrub. What do you mean? Jehovah Witness? No I'm a Christian, I believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and that He has a Devine plan for each and every persons life.

Aslan
11-05-2013, 01:10 AM
I believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and that He has a Devine plan for each and every persons life.

Even me? :confused:

sara2117
11-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Even me? :confused:

Yes Aslan, even you. :D

Bunny
11-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Congratulations Sara! The HRP will be a great compliment to your Lights Out. You have a nice 1-2 punch with that combo. HRP first then the Lights Outs when the lanes start to transition. Along with a spare ball you have everything you need.

I serioulsy hope you like grape punch smell though! It seems like one of the stronger Storm scents. One of the guys said that he thought someone spilled grape soda in the settee area!

On league nights my car smells like Welches' Grape Soda. But it's a good memory smell! I used to get a Welches after riding lessons when I was a kid. :)

Consider a pin down layout for good continuation/carry through the pins.

sara2117
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow thanks for the tips Bunny! You really know what you're talking about.:) I always have a hard time picking my balls when everything is transitioning. I've only been bowling 3 1/2 years so it's nice to get great tips! Lucky for me Welches is also my childhood favorite, grape soda was always the best after a long day at school! I'm going to make everybody in my league hungry with the Apple Fritter and Grape Punch smells. :)

Aslan
11-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Wow thanks for the tips Bunny! You really know what you're talking about.:)

Hey! Lets not give her too big of a head now...I gotta bowl with her on Thursday.

Wow...sara copied my signature and inserted "clean games". I think somebody LIKES me!! Now I gotta work on finding a second person...to like me. :rolleyes:

How does she have a higher average and higher high game than me...yet a lower high series??? We shall now be "clean game buddies"...in a purely platonic, Jesus approved way.

Mudpuppy
11-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey! Lets not give her too big of a head now...I gotta bowl with her on Thursday.

Wow...sara copied my signature and inserted "clean games". I think somebody LIKES me!! Now I gotta work on finding a second person...to like me. :rolleyes:

How does she have a higher average and higher high game than me...yet a lower high series??? We shall now be "clean game buddies"...in a purely platonic, Jesus approved way.

I like you - just kidding.

But Jesus loves you so there you go. Done and doner. Now get back to what you do best.....whatever that is.

Congrats on the ball Sara.

Aslan
11-05-2013, 02:50 PM
I believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ

I thought it was via either a stairway or a highway. Although, I think ya gotta take the highway with Micheal Landon since the stairway is denied.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwtrptWiyd1r64t0co1_500.gif

Aslan
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Now get back to what you do best.....whatever that is.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m17rpvweAA1rnstqpo1_500.gif

Bunny
11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Wow thanks for the tips Bunny! You really know what you're talking about.:) I always have a hard time picking my balls when everything is transitioning. I've only been bowling 3 1/2 years so it's nice to get great tips! Lucky for me Welches is also my childhood favorite, grape soda was always the best after a long day at school! I'm going to make everybody in my league hungry with the Apple Fritter and Grape Punch smells. :)

Ah, shucks. Thanks! :o

Just saw you have the Reign of Power too. You really have a sweet arsenal now. ROP for heavy oil/longer patterns, HRP for medium, and Lights Out for breakdown/dry.

Now to figure out which one works for the pattern/conditions you're bowling on at the time. :confused: