PDA

View Full Version : Good ball to match up with Roto Grip Wrecker

circlecity
10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Roto Grip Wrecker and was wondering what other strike ball would be a good to go with it.

Stormed1
10-30-2013, 01:00 AM
If you want to stay with Roto I would go with a Disturbed or a Deranged. The Disturbed is a solid, the Deranged a pearl. Both will handle more oil than the Wrecker.

circlecity
12-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Just got the wrecker yesterday and will drill in a couple days. I will take a look at the above mentioned balls. thanks for the help.

bowl1820
12-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I think the Disturbed would be the better oil ball it's a bit stronger than the wrecker.

Now The numbers on the Deranged are almost identical to the Wrecker. Just a slightly lower RG and with a little more diff.

circlecity
12-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I think the Disturbed would be the better oil ball it's a bit stronger than the wrecker.

Now The numbers on the Deranged are almost identical to the Wrecker. Just a slightly lower RG and with a little more diff. That is what I was leaning towards as well. Funny, I'm looking at another ball and not even drilled or thrown the wrecker. Probably will tomorrow morning.

dnhoffman
12-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Anything stronger I suppose (such as the Deranged mentioned) but honestly if you're just playing on a THS pattern, that Wrecker should do you well for 3 games.

circlecity
12-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Anything stronger I suppose (such as the Deranged mentioned) but honestly if you're just playing on a THS pattern, that Wrecker should do you well for 3 games. I think you might be right. I threw it today for 3 games and it hits so hard. I started at 20 and was killing the racks then moved left and it still was coming in with a nice snap.

dnhoffman
12-11-2013, 11:28 PM
I think you might be right. I threw it today for 3 games and it hits so hard. I started at 20 and was killing the racks then moved left and it still was coming in with a nice snap.

Honestly - and I'm guilty of not listening to my own advice here - that ball is outstanding for 80% of THS bowlers, through 3 games.