PDA

View Full Version : hyroad pearl

jdarnell50
10-28-2013, 10:31 PM
thursday night last game first nine then ball sticks to thumb. thumb is tight but I like it a little tight so i dont loseball at line. question is should I open thumb a little or leave as is. first nine came out great. maybe I sqeezed it a little.

MICHAEL
10-28-2013, 11:39 PM
could be your squeezing it, but it might be as you bowl your thumb begins to swell! Some bowlers have this problem with thumb swelling, mine actually gets loser as I bowl!
That's where the Vise system with interchangeable thumb holes works GREAT! I have 4 different sizes I can use in any, and all my balls! Worth the little extra money in my opinion! Check it out!!

e-tank
10-28-2013, 11:58 PM
couldve also been moisture from sweat

DLP
10-29-2013, 08:51 AM
I have a major issue with thumb swelling. I have my thumb hole drilled only a "tad" larger and use tape to make it fit. If my thumb is REALLY swollen and doesn't fit with no tape, I'll wrap a towel around it tightly to bring the swelling back down and have been known to lay my towel over the thumb hole and cram my thumb in to try and get it to fit.

J Anderson
10-29-2013, 09:03 AM
thursday night last game first nine then ball sticks to thumb. thumb is tight but I like it a little tight so i dont loseball at line. question is should I open thumb a little or leave as is. first nine came out great. maybe I sqeezed it a little.

If you've already had one or more 300 games, I would guess it was the thumb being too tight. If this was your first front nine, or if you've had the first nine a number of times without getting past it, I would bet that the hole is fine and you just squeezed it.

mike_thomas93
10-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Might've been a mild squeeze. but like Iceman said, could also be a result of thumb swell. Your thumb tends to change size based on the season changes.

Stormed1
10-30-2013, 12:46 AM
If you've already had one or more 300 games, I would guess it was the thumb being too tight. If this was your first front nine, or if you've had the first nine a number of times without getting past it, I would bet that the hole is fine and you just squeezed it.

+1 I agree completely