As of right now

-Clear spare ball like the brain storm, lane 1 blood diamond etc

- motiv primal rage

-seismic venator

- motiv tank or storm supernatural

- radical yeti

- endless nightmare or radical reax

-lord field korrupt

Highest probability of actually buying is the tank or supernatural as im looking to get a modern urethane so i can put away the ol amf angle

mike_thomas93
10-29-2013, 10:58 PM
I want the DV8 Dude (: And thinking about a new spare ball, as well

Stormed1
10-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Forme it's a Primal Rage and Tribal. My next purchase nwill be either a Raptor mTalon or a Cruel Intent for my son as his Sunday money league is putting out more oil than his Modern Marvel handles. Plus I need to replace my daughters victori Road pearl

e-tank
10-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Forme it's a Primal Rage and Tribal. My next purchase nwill be either a Raptor mTalon or a Cruel Intent for my son as his Sunday money league is putting out more oil than his Modern Marvel handles. Plus I need to replace my daughters victori Road pearl

raptor talon would be a good addition to my list

Aslan
10-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Mine:

1) Hammer Big Block Diesel, 16lb
2) Hammer TNBA Rhythm, 16lb (GOT IT!!)
3) Brunswick Slingshot, 16lb (GOT IT!!)
4) Track300A, 16lb
5) Brunswick Aura Mystic, 14lb
6) Storm Hy Road, 15lb

Thats my main list. I have a longer list that includes some newer balls…some brands that I've wanted to try but haven't yet; like:

7) Radical Reax, 16lb
8) Lane #1 Ripsaw, 15lb
9) Lane #1 Pearl Panther, 15lb
10) Lane #1 Stealth Bomber, 15lb
11) Seismic Venator, 15lb
12) Rotogrip Deranged, 15lb
13) Rotogrip Rumble, 16lb
14) 900 Global Eagle Pearl, 16lb
15) DV8 Dude, 15lb
16) DV8 Ruckus, 16lb
17) Radical Reax Version 2, 16lb
18) Storm BYTE, 15lb
19) Lord Field Bad News, 16lb
20) Lord Field Off the Chain, 16lb
21) Motiv Primal Rage, 15lb

But I'm probably never going to get very far down that list since I am more likely to buy balls that have been discontinued where I can get them at a significant discount. For example, I recently bought a 900 Global Bullet Train, a Columbia Encounter, and a Columbia Dark Encounter. Why? Because I saved a SIGNIFICANT amount of money buying these perfectly good, high performance balls…by just waiting for a newer version to come out and getting the perfectly good previous version at a huge discount. Same way I save money on my electronics. Each of those I bought I got for $80-$100 off regular price. ANd I don't mean the absurd regular price you see on most websites…I mean $80-$100 off the regular price on most websites. All the balls I've bought have been under $80 shipped.

MICHAEL
10-31-2013, 12:11 AM
A picture is worth 159 words...http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/byte_zps1b954f0b.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/byte_zps1b954f0b.jpg.html)http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/tribal_zps8c1b4802.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/tribal_zps8c1b4802.jpg.html)http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/dorabowlingball_zpseaa77f98.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/dorabowlingball_zpseaa77f98.jpg.html)

Hampe
10-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Storm Byte, Roto Grip Wrecker or Totally Defiant, DV8 Dude, Motiv Primal Rage, the old Nexxus (red and black one) or the newer Nexxxxus (the black/bronze pearl one....not sure if I have the right number of "x"s on those two :))

e-tank
10-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Mine:

1) Hammer Big Block Diesel, 16lb
2) Hammer TNBA Rhythm, 16lb (GOT IT!!)
3) Brunswick Slingshot, 16lb (GOT IT!!)
4) Track300A, 16lb
5) Brunswick Aura Mystic, 14lb
6) Storm Hy Road, 15lb

Thats my main list. I have a longer list that includes some newer balls…some brands that I've wanted to try but haven't yet; like:

7) Radical Reax, 16lb
8) Lane #1 Ripsaw, 15lb
9) Lane #1 Pearl Panther, 15lb
10) Lane #1 Stealth Bomber, 15lb
11) Seismic Venator, 15lb
12) Rotogrip Deranged, 15lb
13) Rotogrip Rumble, 16lb
14) 900 Global Eagle Pearl, 16lb
15) DV8 Dude, 15lb
16) DV8 Ruckus, 16lb
17) Radical Reax Version 2, 16lb
18) Storm BYTE, 15lb
19) Lord Field Bad News, 16lb
20) Lord Field Off the Chain, 16lb
21) Motiv Primal Rage, 15lb

But I'm probably never going to get very far down that list since I am more likely to buy balls that have been discontinued where I can get them at a significant discount. For example, I recently bought a 900 Global Bullet Train, a Columbia Encounter, and a Columbia Dark Encounter. Why? Because I saved a SIGNIFICANT amount of money buying these perfectly good, high performance balls…by just waiting for a newer version to come out and getting the perfectly good previous version at a huge discount. Same way I save money on my electronics. Each of those I bought I got for $80-$100 off regular price. ANd I don't mean the absurd regular price you see on most websites…I mean $80-$100 off the regular price on most websites. All the balls I've bought have been under $80 shipped.

any particular reason for having them in diff weights?

Aslan
10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
any particular reason for having them in diff weights?

Experimenting. I used to roll a 14lb ball and moved up to a 15lb ball. I feel like the move up to 15lb has been helpful in terms of pin carry…but I'm not sure if I have the same control as I did with the 14lb ball. However, with the tri-grip 15lb ball…it feels lighter…good control. So I'm going to try and start throwing a 16lb ball…hopefully tri-grip…and see how it feels. But I'd also like to try the Aura Mystic at 14lb…sorta try out the theory that actually 14-15lbs is "better" than 16lb. The old theory is that you want to throw the heaviest ball you can to get the most pin carry. But…I've heard some new theories that you want a ball with a little more "deflection" and should go with a 14-15lb ball instead.

So, just experimentation. Hopefully 16lb isn't absolutely unbearable….because I have 4 undrilled 16lb balls in my closet…I'd hate to sell them at a loss because I hate the weight. :o

MICHAEL
10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Experimenting. I used to roll a 14lb ball and moved up to a 15lb ball. I feel like the move up to 15lb has been helpful in terms of pin carry…but I'm not sure if I have the same control as I did with the 14lb ball. However, with the tri-grip 15lb ball…it feels lighter…good control. So I'm going to try and start throwing a 16lb ball…hopefully tri-grip…and see how it feels. But I'd also like to try the Aura Mystic at 14lb…sorta try out the theory that actually 14-15lbs is "better" than 16lb. The old theory is that you want to throw the heaviest ball you can to get the most pin carry. But…I've heard some new theories that you want a ball with a little more "deflection" and should go with a 14-15lb ball instead.

So, just experimentation. Hopefully 16lb isn't absolutely unbearable….because I have 4 undrilled 16lb balls in my closet…I'd hate to sell them at a loss because I hate the weight. :o

where did you get the 4 16lb balls..... and why do you have 4??? why not 6 undrilled balls??? I don't get it!

Yes there are guys I know that are huge, look like NFL football players, throwing 14lb, and swearing by them!! After much research I am not sure you gain anything with the heavier balls anymore!

I have all 3 and threw the 14lb'er last Monday, Columbia Freight Train! I used it for all three games, not changing balls, had a 637! Not bad, but I think it could even give me a 700!

So,,, I like all 3 weights... I don't seem to have a problem changing weights at all!

I did get my Tri Grip fixed frantic,,, can't wait to take it out tomorrow and give it a spin!!

Aslan
11-01-2013, 01:38 AM
where did you get the 4 16lb balls..... and why do you have 4??? why not 6 undrilled balls??? I don't get it!

Clearance and closeouts.

Although, kinda bummed because I had bought a Dark Encounter and they cancelled/refunded the transaction because they were out of stock. And thats a bummer because I was "that" close twice…TWICE! Now I gotta try to find another one. I can find one for like $109…but thats not cheap enough. I don't like going over $80.

mike_thomas93
11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I want either the DV8 Dude or the Radical Yeti Untamed. And probably a new spare ball, too

e-tank
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Clearance and closeouts.

Although, kinda bummed because I had bought a Dark Encounter and they cancelled/refunded the transaction because they were out of stock. And thats a bummer because I was "that" close twice…TWICE! Now I gotta try to find another one. I can find one for like $109…but thats not cheap enough. I don't like going over $80.

just wondering, since you are a strong advocate of using a small arsenal and making adjustments, how can you justify buying 10 balls? lol

I want either the DV8 Dude or the Radical Yeti Untamed. And probably a new spare ball, too

Maybe this week will be your week!

bowlerRob2
11-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Only two on my wish list:

Rotogrip Wrecker
DV8 Misfit Pearl Neon Yellow (aka Lemon Drop)

Aslan
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM
just wondering, since you are a strong advocate of using a small arsenal and making adjustments, how can you justify buying 10 balls? lol

The difference is...I only have 2 drilled...I only take 2 with me to the lanes...I only put 1-2 on the ball return...and I only use the second about 2-10 times a night.

I HAVE...4 in my closet and one on the way in the mail. But they are undrilled...and just waiting in the wings for me to need them. They are only purchased...because they are discontinued models so the window to get them nib undrilled is closing. How many people have wanted a Hammer Black Widow or similar older ball...but now can only find it used (for the same price as it was new) or if they do find a rare, rare undrilled one the person wants $300-$500 for it?

Once I get my mechanics down, then I'll need a stronger ball. Thats when I'll get the next one drilled. After which...2 balls (Frantic relegated to back-up duty or for low-oil/wood lanes until the alley with wood lanes changes to synthetics in May 2014). On synthetics...Frantic goes straight (or straight enough)...becomes my spare ball. Then, by Fall 2014...might be time to semi-retire the Frantic...and get the Slingshot drilled to be my spare ball (also a fairly straight ball). And how many balls will I have then (don't count the ones you can't see)? How many will I bring with me to the lanes? Thats right...STILL 2!!!

So, in summary, it's not how many you own...it's how many you bring with you every night. I'm rather old skool in that I think 1-3 is the appropriate number for non-tournament, non-PBA bowlers. I think when you start seeing people bring 3-9...they're trying to make adjustment with different balls when they "should" (my opinion only of course) be making adjustments with their position, approach, swing, and/or release.

Now, do I violate this by sometimes throwing a "spare ball"? Sure. On splits, most of the time on single 10-pins or 6-10s, and once in awhile on single 7-pins I'll use a plastic or urethane "spare ball". On ALL other spares, I throw my strike ball...I just move laterally. Why? Well...muscle memory. I "can" throw my strike ball perfectly straight by leaving my hand behind the ball. But I "choose" to keep the same release and use the spare ball in certain situations where I need a straight shot....muscle memory. You'd hate to mess up your next shot because your hand doesn't rotate as much..because you just threw the ball straight. Similarly, it's going to take more conentration to throw your strike ball straight...because your release is going to naturally be to bring your hand around. So I try not to use more than one ball, more than one release, and just move laterally. That way the swing, the feel, the release, the grip, and the target pretty much all stay the same...consistency. Now, I do change the target slightly for spares on the right side (as a righty)...and thats the reason for 10-pins and 6-10s I usually go for the spare ball...because sometimes when changing that target with my strike ball causes more variation than I intend.

ETA: The other reason I try not to use the spare ball is you're playing a different line. I have a strike line for both balls that I use as the starting points for lateral movements. Obviously those lines will be different since the balls trajectorys are different. So if I used a spare ball for every spare...I have to remember my strike line for that ball and remember to change my starting point and target as appropriate. Not a "huge" deal for 2 balls...but I'd hate to have to remember 3-9 different strike lines for 3-9 different balls. Too old...memory not so good.

scruffwhor
11-04-2013, 08:43 PM
900 Global pearl black eagle
amf 300 incinerate
Lane#1 black panther and blood panther
Columbia 300 sport shot ball
900 global maniac

Stormed1
11-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Just saw some info on another one I will get at least 2 of. The Sigma Sting ( pearl Sigma Tour). Love the reaction of the Sigma core.