PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Raw Hammer Anger ball layout?

Hammer
11-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I am left handed to begin with. Right now my pin is to the left of my ring finger about a half inch and about a half inch down from the center of my ring finger grip. My center of gravity is between my fingers and my thumb centerline and about a half inch to the left of there. When I bowl on a THS pattern it seems to have too much hook. I think I need to have the ball plugged and have a layout put on it that would be more friendly for a THS pattern. I kept moving right to see if I could find a good spot for a pocket hit. Maybe I should have it set up with the pin somewhere above my fingers. Anybody have any ideas on this? This ball was made for medium to oily lane conditions.

Stormed1
11-03-2013, 10:12 PM
A little more info would be helpfull. PAP,ball speed, rev rate,lane surface used on

vdubtx
11-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Also, target on lane and on approach?

striker12
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
i know alot about the anger my buddy had one when i first started out bowling and he let me throw his and it was a mean ball but you got yours drilled as a strong arc i got the same drill layout on my c300 full swing other then im right handed but on the full swing its not as strong only thing is the anger has a strong cover on it.

best thing for you to do is maby speed your feet up alittle to get the ball to go down the lanes a bit faster.

or put abit of a loft on the ball so then it dose not break in as soon.

1 more thing how far out are you pushing the ball on the lanes before the breakpoint

Hammer
11-04-2013, 05:32 PM
A little more info would be helpfull. PAP,ball speed, rev rate,lane surface used on

The pin would be about 4 3/4 inches from the PAP, ball speed 14.5 at the pins, medium rev rate used on a THS pattern. The lanes are oiled right before we bowl on league night. Target on lane is the third arrow from the left and breakpoint is from board 5 to 10. :cool:

Stormed1
11-05-2013, 01:07 AM
What surface is the ball currently at? e you seeing too muck overall hook,too much back end?

Hammer
11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Perfect scale 198.9, RG. 2.500, Diff. .050, Finish Matte, Coverstock name-max-hook reactive, Surface OOB 2000 Abralon,
Breakpoint shape: strong and continuous hook motion in medium to heavy oil.

I found the ball info by using Google. The reviews were from bowlers that use it in medium to heavy oil conditions. I looked up the layouts for the ball and the layout I have now is for medium to heavy oil conditions. Bowling on THS pattern that can be dry to medium dry it looks like the layout I should have is a length layout with the pin somewhere above my fingers. Instead of having the ball plugged and drilled for a length layout maybe I should try a surface change to 4000 Abralon and see what happens with that. What thoughts do you folks have on this?

Stormed1
11-05-2013, 10:00 PM
That was oing to be my first suggestion which is why I asked what surfasce you had it at. You can try it at 4k or 2k + polish or 4k+ polish. $k will give you more push, a little more pop on the back yet still be able to handle some oil. Polish will also add length and even more flip on the back. You might also try tightening up your line so you're not catching quite as much dry outside boards down lane. With my slow speed most of my "dull" balls are 3 or 4k. Most of the rest are 2k + polish except for my dry lanes balls which are 4k + polish