PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Score and Analysis Introduction

The KingPin
01-01-2009, 12:48 AM
http://www.bowlingboards.com/images/logo-new-12.jpg

Hello BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forum members,

We are excited that it is 2009 and as promised we are bringing you great bowling resources.

We are proud to introduce the new BowlingBoards.com BSA Program.

This will be going live very soon. But I wanted to get you already and acquainted with what we are doing.

This new program will allow for you to:

Enter your weekly bowling scores
Track what games you bowl better. Example: maybe you bowl better in game 2 each week and so on
Track your percentages of scores. Example: games between 200 and 220
Track your high games and series
Track multiple leagues
Analyze what will happen if you bowl 5 pins less or over for the next week

And more

I am very grateful to have the opportunity to share this with you all. Again it will be a few days until I feel ready to make it public. But i think you will be very happy with the end result.

I will keep you posted

kev3inp
01-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I've used it before and I was pretty impressed with it. You can even see which pairs you've bowled best on. I'm looking forward to it, and all of you should be, too.

Bob66
01-01-2009, 10:43 AM
This sounds impressive and can't wait for it to come online and see how it works!!

Iceman
01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I was using this on the previous bowling site I was on - but it dropped off activity. I ran into Chris somehow and checked this out. I currently just use an excel sheet with stats - macros - etc, that track lanes, avg, +/- POA, and other stats I want to know about - my past troublesome area single pin spares, so I have a stat for that, I have got up to 95% on single pin spares which increased my average - but splits are up this year due to the style changes I've made which I expected.

NoTapNorm
01-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Sounds interesting-even for a stat-aholic- like me.

onefrombills
01-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Ive never used anything like this so im like a kid in a candy store right now....Daddy daddy can we go live already :)

NoTapNorm
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
will it have a section for tournaments?

kev3inp
01-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Wow, good question. I really don't know. I've just used it for leagues. I don't bowl very many tournaments. 3 or 4 a year, tops. This year maybe 2. State is too far away.

ThongPrincess
01-03-2009, 04:52 AM

As it is right now, it doesn't have a separate section for tournaments, but you can always set up a "league" for tournaments. If it is a tournament club, use that as the name. If not and it is you just want to track stats for tournaments, set up a league called Tournaments. For the number of weeks put in what you think you will bowl over the course of a year. As for lanes, put in the number representing the highest in any house you bowl tournaments.

There are a couple other problems. One, it only handles a 3 game format, so if it is a longer format you have to get creative. For example Nationals is a total of 9 games so you can enter as 3 separate weeks. If it is a 4 or 5 game format, you might have to enter 3 games on one week and the remaining 1 or 2 games on the next week.

Another is if you move lanes each game and you want the stats per lane. Unless you get real creative, you wouldn't have the per lane stats.

kakcpa
01-03-2009, 01:23 PM
If this is the program Jim Royce designed, it's a winner! I've used it before...it's a powerful software. The rest of you should enjoy this, once Chris makes it available.

The KingPin
01-03-2009, 02:16 PM
If this is the program Jim Royce designed, it's a winner! I've used it before...it's a powerful software. The rest of you should enjoy this, once Chris makes it available.

Keith has it correct. It is a Jim Royce design and it has been great for many people. It is fantastic and if you really want to keep track of your progress, this is a great way to go.

I think like mentioned, you may have to maybe have to add it as a league yet label it as a tournament. But I think it should work OK.

Ive never used anything like this so im like a kid in a candy store right now....Daddy daddy can we go live already :)

I am very excited more than everyone else. For a webmaster like myself, I aim everyday to give you, the members everything I can. I work very hard with many people to bring you the best that I can. With this merger in a way, we are very pleased with the results. And like a kid in a candy store myself, I have leaked out the information of this software. But I want to make sure everything is working up to par before we go live.

I truly appreciate those who have helped me with testing. These are past users and have a better sense of what is right or wrong.Also we have been trying to keep the previous databases intact so that previous users will not lose their data.

I think we are very close, and even after we go live, we will have a bug thread to help you with any questions or problems you have.

Thank you to everyone for your patience.

kev3inp
01-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow, keeping the databases intact is a phenomenal idea. The previous users will love that. I have a "shirt-load" of weeks to enter if it comes back the same. I got lazy with it and have a stack of scores to put in. YES!

kakcpa
01-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow, keeping the databases intact is a phenomenal idea. The previous users will love that. I have a "shirt-load" of weeks to enter if it comes back the same. I got lazy with it and have a stack of scores to put in. YES!

By the way, Kevin, what the heck is that cat wearing? Is it a watermelon? :D

The KingPin
01-03-2009, 11:47 PM
By the way, Kevin, what the heck is that cat wearing? Is it a watermelon? :D

To me it looks like a lime cut out to be a hat?

kev3inp
01-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Yep, it's a lime. I saw the pic and just fell in love with it. When I lived alone I could never get my cat to do that. Now we have no pets. What's really fun with a cat is to put a sock on its head. It'll go backwards all over the house trying to get it off. Maybe a little cruel, but funny as hell.

The KingPin
01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Yep, it's a lime. I saw the pic and just fell in love with it. When I lived alone I could never get my cat to do that. Now we have no pets. What's really fun with a cat is to put a sock on its head. It'll go backwards all over the house trying to get it off. Maybe a little cruel, but funny as hell.

That's funny. Hopefully PETA is not watching? lol