PDA

View Full Version : working on my approach/release tips welcome

H3RBSKI
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
just a few vids from some practice yesterday. I had knee surgery a week ago today so trying to find a new approach to go easy on my knee.
Vids are a little dark as light in our alley is dier. Any tips etc welcome
https://db.tt/qCmRwVxp
https://db.tt/7NiqfSMC

noeymc
11-07-2013, 07:32 PM
well the one thing i see your timing if off but more important are you sure you can bowl now? dont rush your knee back into it, your foot is planting a slide is easier on your knees ;) and if you slide it would cover up most of the timing issue also work on waiting on the ball thats all i can see

few tips for the camera angels back side 45 degree angel are the 3 my coach uses also one of the release

and the guy recording should stay on you and back up a little so we can see the top of the back swing

H3RBSKI
11-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. The doctors asked me to go full.weight bearing on my knee to help it out abd Tbh it's not too bad. I bowled 8 games on it weds and didn't ache much at all. As for the slide the approaches were pretty sticky.that day as our local alleys allow customers to wear their own shoes so they get filthy easy.
Which part of my timing is off? I try to push the ball.out on first step lower into back swing on second and start my 3rd at the peak of my release then release at the end of my slide.
Any tips are great.

noeymc
11-08-2013, 03:02 PM
if you watch your foot stops then the ball is let go the foot stopping and ball being released should be about the same time frame your not off much but you are i would work on a slide to help your knee out weather using easy slide or something planting is really hard on the knee

bowl1820
11-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Okay, I got around to looking at these.

This was advice I was given because I was doing the same thing.

Get the ball in position before you start, and hold it there.

You never get in position on the approach; everything is in motion. The ball is up, down,in,out (you really see it in the second video).If everything is in motion, you can never do it the same way twice.

Plus I think your turning your hand a little early.