PDA

View Full Version : generating more revs? how....

H3RBSKI
11-08-2013, 08:45 PM
i have a decent rev rate id say its around 375-425 but i want more.... purely because on my alleys normal house shot i can get alot of movement on the lane with a good angle into the pocket but my league pattern is alot heavier and even with my revs and ball (motiv 2 cruel) i have to play almost straight so i leave stupid splits alot.
i currently cock my wrist at release and come from under the ball over the top, some times i get finger ache due to flicking my fingers so hard.

this week in practice i tried a new method where i would cock my wrist but instead of coming over the ball from the back right side i would roll the ball off my palm (like using a yoyo) while raising the hand and then flicking my fingers. i seemed to generate alot more revs this way but gained severe arm/muscle ache...
which of these seems better? ive tried you tubing releases but cant seem to find any decent vids on it.
i have my first ever coaching session sunday but its a joint session (its free) so not sure how much time i will get to spend with the coach.
any tips, vids or links are welcome

bowl1820
11-08-2013, 09:00 PM
ive tried you tubing releases but cant seem to find any decent vids on it.

Here you go it's one of the most posted videos on here. There's a sticky thread in the video forum for this.

Analysis of the modern 10-Pin Bowling Swing and Release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5nnDbV0znE&list=PL602B4C7E733CAB55&index=2&feature=plpp_video

H3RBSKI
11-08-2013, 09:14 PM
watched that vid a fair few times and try to incorporate alot of the points in there but its the wrist section i struggle to find good vids of

Terrier
11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
If you can bend your elbow after you start your forward swing, then snap it straight when you uncock your wrist, you'll get a lot more revs as the ball is flung downward off your hand. You'll see a few of the pros in the above video do this to varying degrees - Mike Fagan does this a little bit, but the Korean bowler Choi Won Young does it like crazy (there's a good view of his swing around the 6:50 mark).

Oh yeah, it's ridiculously hard to do with much consistency. Good luck. :)

J Anderson
11-09-2013, 01:31 PM
i have a decent rev rate id say its around 375-425 but i want more.... purely because on my alleys normal house shot i can get alot of movement on the lane with a good angle into the pocket but my league pattern is alot heavier and even with my revs and ball (motiv 2 cruel) i have to play almost straight so i leave stupid splits alot.
i currently cock my wrist at release and come from under the ball over the top, some times i get finger ache due to flicking my fingers so hard.

this week in practice i tried a new method where i would cock my wrist but instead of coming over the ball from the back right side i would roll the ball off my palm (like using a yoyo) while raising the hand and then flicking my fingers. i seemed to generate alot more revs this way but gained severe arm/muscle ache...
which of these seems better? ive tried you tubing releases but cant seem to find any decent vids on it.
i have my first ever coaching session sunday but its a joint session (its free) so not sure how much time i will get to spend with the coach.
any tips, vids or links are welcome

Answering your last question first, generating a lot more revs with severe muscle ache is not a good idea.

As to wanting more revs, 400 is pretty good already. More revs by themselves may not solve the problem. What kind of splits are you leaving? And how many is a lot?

dnhoffman
11-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Play the inside if the ball like it shows in the video bowl1820 posted. If you can really play with that open hand in your backswing alba Mike Fagan, it's the thing I've found that increases my revs the most.

Mudpuppy
11-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Interesting video - thanks for sharing bowl1820